If Katy worked with Luke again

TouchinFree

Please remember, this is just a hypothetical question and has no reflection of my stance of that person. ( Apologies to Kesha fans as this is not to offend).

However, in a different world if this happens. Would Katy smash? Is Katy cursed with being ultra successful due to working with one singular producer? 

I think she’d create the same exact pop magic she did in the early 2010’s. People still wouldn’t be here for it because they are over her and she’s a has been. She could release a TD now and still flop.

I heard she was working with him again on a song with a gypsy woman sample though? 

If she ditches the campy image, serves sex with black long hair and drops a single that’s an undeniable smash/ ready to go viral on TikTok and payolas the hell out of it on radio… then yes I think she has a chance to get a hit again.

No biggie

A lot of rap girls have been successfully working with him for years now, where's the UPROAR?

Just now, Cryptique said:

No biggie

A lot of rap girls have been successfully working with him for years now, where's the UPROAR?

I mean even Doja had to disown him after being soft-pressured by being asked about him in almost every interview.

44 minutes ago, XtunaStan said:

I mean even Doja had to disown him after being soft-pressured by being asked about him in almost every interview.

Luke's reputation had/has no effect on her career or success at all.  He could produce an entire album for her and she'd still score hits.  GP doesn't know nor care about his legal battles.

@OP Luke isn't the solution.  He could make bangers for her and they'd likely flop bc Katy is not considered cool, respectable, or talented.

1 hour ago, Habibro said:

I think she’d create the same exact pop magic she did in the early 2010’s. People still wouldn’t be here for it because they are over her and she’s a has been. She could release a TD now and still flop.

I heard she was working with him again on a song with a gypsy woman sample though? 

Don't you think he's had a lot of hand in her success. If I'm not mistaken her softer/midtempo and even ballads were produced by him or he's had a hand in them as well. 

But the moment she decided to part ways she immediately fell in comparison to her ultra success. Now her problem is the gap, as of course the GP won't be here for another string of bangers on an album. I honestly believe had she recruited him for another album after witness she would've turned things back around. Regardless of politics he knows how to produce and develop a sound for each fave.

7 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Luke's reputation had/has no effect on her career or success at all.  He could produce an entire album for her and she'd still score hits.  GP doesn't know nor care about his legal battles.

@OP Luke isn't the solution.  He could make bangers for her and they'd likely flop bc Katy is not considered cool, respectable, or talented.

I don't agree. It's not like the current popstars are all Adeles . Just some soft core pop songs with a minimal beat and a frontloaded " SHE WROTE ALL SONGS BY HERSELF" to cater for the empowerment aspect of being a popstar. When in reality all popstars have a strong wingman that supports in terms of everything. 

After all Katy herself could write a good, catchy pop song. I truly believe she'd dependent on Lube for a long amount of time that she could not lift her similar success with other collaborates. But I again I could be wrong. 

7 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

I don't agree. It's not like the current popstars are all Adeles . Just some soft core pop songs with a minimal beat and a frontloaded " SHE WROTE ALL SONGS BY HERSELF" to cater for the empowerment aspect of being a popstar. When in reality all popstars have a strong wingman that supports in terms of everything. 

After all Katy herself could write a good, catchy pop song. I truly believe she'd dependent on Lube for a long amount of time that she could not lift her similar success with other collaborates. But I again I could be wrong. 

If someone said Luke produced her last album, I wouldn't have doubted it.  Luke is a good producer, but Katy's success was due in part to TD having the right sound for the moment, as pop music was peak popularity around that time. 

Taylor and Adele are unique examples because they have managed to succeed throughout several extreme shifts in music trends, music listening behaviors, etc and maintained strong fanbases who give them sold out tours.  Katy has absolutely none of this, and can't rely on talent to carry her into other genres and industries like Gaga, Madonna, Cher, etc. 

33 minutes ago, Archetype said:

@OP Luke isn't the solution.  He could make bangers for her and they'd likely flop bc Katy is not considered cool, respectable.

I agree tbh

the problem is not the music itself but her image. If she still act weird or dense she will not be considered cool again.

Luke has always been so overrated as producer, we already know Max Martin was the mastermind behind the bubblegum pop of the early 2010s.

Katy should still working with Zedd :coffee:

i think it would flop like kim petras and all the others 

his only pop hits are with rappers now. i dont think big energy and say so would have been big without the raps

As a stan, it would be disappointing. I don't want her to work with such a shitty person. But they might create amazing songs again.

So if she does, she better make an amazing bop.

I agree that the GP doesn't really care about Luke. Just ATRL/stan Twitter would get mad at Katy.

Would she smash? That depends on the radio and Spotify payola, but also her image. Considering her current image, I don't think it would smash.

53 minutes ago, Archetype said:

If someone said Luke produced her last album, I wouldn't have doubted it.  Luke is a good producer, but Katy's success was due in part to TD having the right sound for the moment, as pop music was peak popularity around that time. 

Taylor and Adele are unique examples because they have managed to succeed throughout several extreme shifts in music trends, music listening behaviors, etc and maintained strong fanbases who give them sold out tours.  Katy has absolutely none of this, and can't rely on talent to carry her into other genres and industries like Gaga, Madonna, Cher, etc. 

You're into something. I mean he did continue the Max Martin string of success pretty well in the 2010's . Hence why he produced just about every MPG's pop album during that era, Yet a minimum number of songs could be still relevant in current times. 

She did try to reinvent herself with the "woke" image to stay as successful with Witness and Chained to the rhythm. 

I've always associated her success with Luke though. Don't know why. With all due respect and keeping completely respectful, I honestly don't believe Taylor has an ounce over her to offer in terms of pop. Taylor is pretty smart and educated in terms of pop culture and shifts though. 

Edited by TouchinFree

Wasn’t Max heavily involved in her music too? He’s always been a far superior producer to Luke, and he was still present on Witness. And well…

Let’s be serious for a moment here :deadbanana4:

"if" ? She will work with him again soon. (on a song which will use a sample of "Gypsy Woman", it will be released in a few months)

1 minute ago, jdanton2 said:

hopefully it will be disco.

Katys sound is ALWAYS 3 years dated and behind trend so I think it probably would be 

Edited by cyclone

12 minutes ago, Kékette said:

"if" ? She will work with him again soon. (on a song which will use a sample of "Gypsy Woman", it will be released in a few months)

Someone's mentioned this earlier as well. Is this true or just a rumor? I mean that would pretty put my speculations to rest. 

Also would that be on an album? If so then maybe she's testing the waters in terms of working with lube again. 

3 hours ago, Habibro said:

Exactly.

atrl always seem to have this POV artists can just go back to who they had their prime with and produce same results. It’s not like that

2 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

It's her last chance and she will use it.

I think i would still flop sadly :doc:

His productions would still be horrible 

this for the best 

her reputation's never been worse so....

:cm:

honestly, seeing miley smash with a basic song such as flowers, i think with the right song and image, she could smash again. working with luke would've canceled her tho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.