Millennials and Gen Z prefer Mexican food over Italian in the US

Paparazzaid

9 hours ago, 305 said:

There is authentic Alfredo pasta though, it's just vastly different to the one popular in the states

never heard of it in 24 years 

8 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

italian food is honesty so fattening and carb overloaded, there’s no way to edit.

mexican food is versatile af and you can edit to fit your diet if need be, it’s always giving 

that's so false, have you not heard how many americans lose weight when they come here and eat a lot of genuine italian food? 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• shyboi

• Walk_Away21

12 hours ago, Helios said:

Joanne Trattoria LOST. :clap3: 

No wonder mexican food won

DkpnxAeW4AA95XD.jpg

both are iconic as f*ck

personally i think i prefer italian by just a HAIR! for mexican though i STAN molcajetes

my absolute fav has gotta be mediterranean food though :mmm: chicken shawarma, kafta and tahini, baba ghanoush and pita, dolmas, fattoush, zatar and cheese bread, HUMMUS!!! also the desserts i meannn baklava, basbousa, knafeh, grayba, lamya… you simply cannot go wrong :clap3:

12 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

italian food is honesty so fattening and carb overloaded, there’s no way to edit.

mexican food is versatile af and you can edit to fit your diet if need be, it’s always giving 

yet italians are nowhere as fat as americans, lol.

5 hours ago, JoeAg said:

both are iconic as f*ck

personally i think i prefer italian by just a HAIR! for mexican though i STAN molcajetes

my absolute fav has gotta be mediterranean food though :mmm: chicken shawarma, kafta and tahini, baba ghanoush and pita, dolmas, fattoush, zatar and cheese bread, HUMMUS!!! also the desserts i meannn baklava, basbousa, knafeh, grayba, lamya… you simply cannot go wrong :clap3:

Big BMI energy 

18 hours ago, Miracle said:

Both are great, but have most americans truly ever tasted something close to real italian? I 

Lmao I ran here to post this. Most Italian food in the US is garbo @Reverse Warholian especially so after I just went to Italy. Most Italian Americans will home make their own food. The majority of people will go to Olive Garden for "Italian" food which is absolutely horrible. Only big city residents have a shot at getting good Italian for the most part.

I do love Mexican food tho. It's usually cheaper and quick. And even smaller cities will have decent Mexican food.

Edited by Walk_Away21

5 hours ago, ariananext said:

never heard of it in 24 years 

that's so false, have you not heard how many americans lose weight when they come here and eat a lot of genuine italian food? 

I actually can say that I have never heard that, I’m sorry. 

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

yet italians are nowhere as fat as americans, lol.

Well yes, Americans are not only an italian diet, they’re also eating American food and other cultures, just piling it on. 

I was just making a comment about the carb/fattening aspects in comparison to Mexican food, idk why you guys are focusing on Americans :biblio:

JohnWayneHolland

Authentic mexican food is out of this world, so not surprised :gaycat1:i love Italian food but i haven't tried authentic Italian food so Idk if it's any different from the one I've had.

mexican is god tier followed by asian @Smarticle and then greek

There's nothing like a good burrito. Deliciosa comidita :gaycat3:

14 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Is that way Italians are among the skinniest people in Europe?

The truth is that the ingredients that Italians use are super healthy and heavily controlled by the law, while in other countries there isn't much interest in the quality of the food you buy in the grocery stores :devil:

Edited by Riot

I'm way more likely to get Mexican food and it is way more accessible than authentic Italian food.

7 minutes ago, Riot said:

Is that way Italians are among the skinniest people in Europe?

The truth is that the ingredients that Italians use are super healthy and heavily controlled by the law, while in other countries there isn't much interest in the quality of the food you buy in the grocery stores :devil:

Exactly, italian cuisine is extremely diversified, due to it being a "new" country with different cultures, you can't find a good carbonara outside of Rome or a good pizza outside of Naples, I don't know why anybody would think they're eating genuine italian food outside Italy :dies:

4 minutes ago, 305 said:

I know, but it's not a thing, it's not even a recipe, it's like something you do when you have nothing to cook, but still not exactly a typical dish by any means, here it's actually known as an american thing.

18 hours ago, Likingstars said:

Anything but the abomination that is american food :giraffe:

Oh here’s the tea :giraffe:

To taste REAL Italian food you have to go to Italy

But to the authentic places where the 'Ndrangheta shoots your nonna, not Venice or Galleria Vittorio Emanuele

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.