Paparazzaid

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• shyboi

• Walk_Away21

Both are great, but have most americans truly ever tasted something close to real italian? I 

mexican food is the best food in the world and guacamole is the #1 vegan dish in the world

love me some carnitas, tamalos, taquizas, birria y burritas :giraffe:

I'm sure a big factor is that many of them are of Mexican ancestry :skull:

Mexican food is good but there's better Latin cuisine out there

Anything but the abomination that is american food :giraffe:

Just now, 305 said:

which latin cuisine is better than Mexican? 

4 minutes ago, shyboi said:

which latin cuisine is better than Mexican? 

Peruvian. By far. It's often considered the best in the world

Also Cuban and Colombian have so much to offer. Same with Argentinian 

Just now, 305 said:

Peruvian. By far. It's often considered the best in the world

Also Cuban and Colombian have so much to offer. Same with Argentinian 

So what you are trying to say is that Mexican food is at least the 5th best food in Latin America after Peru, Cuba, Colombia and Argentina. Ok gotchu.

13 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Both are great, but have most americans truly ever tasted something close to real italian? I 

The fact that they are counting processed foods like canned salsa as mexican and pizza hut as italian. :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Good question actually, I wonder if they were thinking of papa johns and olive garden :gaycat6:  Having said that I kinda hate proper Italian pizza but a really good pasta dish can be life changing :clap3:

OT: I like Mexican food but I barely ever eat it. South/South East Asian cuisine >>>>

49 minutes ago, Miracle said:

It would virtually be only Italian-American food but even authentic Italian food isn't anything to write home about tbh.

I think a distinction is that I dislike mediocre Mexican, but love good Mexican.

Pasta on the other hand is more reliably good if I'm just cooking basic Barilla, though every so often I'll go to my fav authentic Italian restaurant where I know the Italian owners.

There's no such thing as "italian food" outside Italy, many things americans consider italian don't even exist/aren't popular here, such as Alfredo pasta or chicken parmesan or whatever.

41 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I think a distinction is that I dislike mediocre Mexican, but love good Mexican.

Pasta on the other hand is more reliably good if I'm just cooking basic Barilla, though every so often I'll go to my fav authentic Italian restaurant where I know the Italian owners.

That's interesting and I'm super curious, may I know said restaurant? I've once done a project in uni about italian sounding food around the world, I just love to be an italian food critic :ahh:

2 hours ago, 305 said:

I'm sure a big factor is that many of them are of Mexican ancestry :skull:

Right :rip:

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

There's no such thing as "italian food" outside Italy, many things americans consider italian don't even exist/aren't popular here, such as Alfredo pasta or chicken parmesan or whatever.

There is authentic Alfredo pasta though, it's just vastly different to the one popular in the states

italian food is honesty so fattening and carb overloaded, there’s no way to edit.

mexican food is versatile af and you can edit to fit your diet if need be, it’s always giving 

As they should :clap3:

4 hours ago, Miracle said:

but have most americans truly ever tasted something close to real italian? I 

:rip:

Mexican definitely outsold. :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.