What's your car payment?

shinyshimmery

Recreating this thread since ATRL seems to reinvent themselves more than Demi Lovato and my ish keeps getting deleted...

Sisters, with the current state of the economy... more and more Americans are paying over $1,000 a month for their car payments. The average car payment in the U.S. has reached $716. https://www.bankrate.com/loans/auto-loans/average-monthly-car-payment/#:~:text=the best deal.-,Car payment statistics,of 2022 were used vehicles.

So, how much are you paying for you car? 

Mine personally is $686 :biblio: 

Edited by shinyshimmery

Used to be $262 since I leased my car pre-COVID. I shopped around to see if I'd get a new car but these new rates are ridiculous, all the csr salesmen were freaked out that my payment was so low. They said I wouldn't find anything under $500, so I kept it and took out a loan to buy it and now it's $378.

It's insane how expensive it is these days

My company is providing me with one and they handle every payment around it tbh (free gas and maintenance)

$400 a month

$246 a month

I paid my car off the day I got her back in 2011. 

It's only rego that's $180 every 3 months.  And insurance which is $400 a year.

I pay 325 for my mustang and 275 for my can am spider motorcycle 

$252 but my interest rate is crazy high

$0. Paid for my used car in cash. 

52 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

Mine personally is $686 :biblio: 

Jesus. Did you buy your car new?

I used to pay £248/$311 but I recently sold my car and started getting the train everywhere and I’m actually loving it :ducky:

None, I bought it. Guess it‘s the regular way here?

Edited by Heldenzeit

$320 a month, but I think I'm going to refinance it next year a second time. I refinanced it once already. It started at around $450.

4 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

None, I bought it. Guess it‘s the regular way here?

This. 0$

Mine was $212 a month which isn’t bad at all but then my engine blew last June and I literally still owed $10k on it. I finally paid it off and now I never want a car payment again. I’d literally rather pay $4k in cash for a decent car from 2010 every five years or so than be in debt because of a car again. These prices should be illegal.

$327 and about halfway through. I bought my previous cars outright so, needless to say, I’m not loving this. :toofunny3: Probably going to refinance soon. 

14 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Jesus. Did you buy your car new?

yes, but I messed up... I wanted a car payment closer to $450 but ended up getting the larger car bc it felt more comfortable to drive. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

My company is providing me with one and they handle every payment around it tbh (free gas and maintenance)

:jonny: ughhh I wish my job paid for my car. I get to work from home tho, so there's a tradeoff... otherwise my commute would be 30-40 mins (one way) every day :priceless:

49 minutes ago, magazine said:

My legs are free

I live in Houston sis... it would probably take me 6 hours just to get to work if I were to walk :cries:... our public transportation system also sucks ass, having a car in Houston Texas in general, is mandatory. 

$360 after I refinanced and have a 3% Apr now, looking to possibly lease an additional car at some point tbh 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.