• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• wraith

• campelo

• Kern

holy ****. i just listened. i havent loved a body of work this much since tunnel under ocean blvd came out.. and like with most albums to LOVE it i need to relisten several times, but this is hitting on the first listen??? this is fantastic!

Mmm idk this really isn't doing anything for me. I've played it 5 times already.

this is all i'm listening since it came out (which is literally 2 days ago) but i haven't listened to anything else these past 2 days :deadbanana4:

On 6/9/2023 at 11:38 PM, Antisocialites said:

This album is just a collection of vibey tracks that are not horrible but they are going to be forgotten by the end of the month even by the people who are liking the album. :skull:

I called my future self and he still likes the album, what's your source? Because production-wise even interludes on this album are more interesting than any song on summer-themed albums mentioned here. 

I'm also not sure how is this a sell out era where we got music video for adults only a no Ice Spice feature or any more album verions than just 1... please be fr

• Like 1

I think it's good she isn't completely locking herself into making a concept for all of her albums but this sounds like more of a cute mixtape. An enjoyable listen but I don't think it's quite memorable enough to stick around. Float will be an all summer bop tho

Edited by Lucas32
  • Like 3

this and amaarae's new album will be on repeat for the whole summer basically :jonnycat:

• Like 2

it’s not her best album but it’s a nice pleasant summer vibe album. this feels like good background music for working and exercising. :bunny:

i wish the songs were longer and more fleshed out though.

I love this record! I enjoy these feel good albums, you could put this on at a party and just let it run from start to finish.

I enjoyed Float so much , Phenomenal, Champagne **** and Only have eyes are highlights

Never doubt Janelle 

I'm far from being sold on the album but one think you can't deny is that it flows smoothly.

spent all day yesterday with this classic and a blunt

love love love Haute, Champagne ****, Only Have Eyes 42, Paid In Pleasure, a Dry Red

great summer album, lovin da Caribbean vibe i get 

reading these first pages was not it

I like the flow, the entire vibes and sound the album gives.
Probably it will take more time to grow for me, but I like listening to it as background when I'm working or doing something else. :celestial2:

On 6/11/2023 at 3:22 PM, dangerousalex said:

this and amaarae's new album will be on repeat for the whole summer basically :jonnycat:

EXACTLY!!!!!

the rush is a huge contender for SOTY.

I thoroughly enjoyed this album on first listen despite a few worries that I wouldn’t. :jamming: Super pleasant listen.

I have the same feeling for this album that I had for CRUSH by Charli. It's obviously more commercial, more mainstream and less experimental than her past records, but at the same time it's just so good and it ends up being a successful experiment in itself, trying to deliver a more commercial/funnier vibe but still maintaining some of the qualities that made her past albums great.

It's catchy, full of bops, perfect for the summer. I really, really like this record and I think she did a wonderful job here. It's definitely WAY better than I was expecting this to be.

Nice and enjoyable album for the summer breeze but can't help but think of the wasted potential here especially with Grace Jones. First half also washes the second one.

Predicted to debut in the top 20 with around 27k units 

It’s a pleasant album, can’t say it’s bad in any way, but at the same time it doesn’t really capture my attention either which is a first for me with a Janelle album.

Her Solar Power tbh :mandown:

Still don't really know how I feel about the album. It's definitely a smooth ride and everything sounds good. There are also some gorgeous little moments here and there like Champagne **** and the transition to Black Sugar Beach which is basically just an extended outro and then Only Have Eyes 42 is melodically the strongest moment on the album. Overall I enjoy every track and I can feel Janelle's personality everywhere. It's... very nice. I'm just not sure if 'very nice' is good enough considering that it will probably take years for the next album to come out. She has the vision and the ability to come up with monumental masterpieces, she has shown that many times. But it's probably unfair to hold her past work against her when the new album is still thoroughly enjoyable. It just feels a bit too small for her.

Yeah, it's nice. Something cute for the summer. I guess it's nice for her to have something in her discography that is a short, easy listen compared to the rest of her efforts. I don't hate it, but I'm hoping the next one doesn't take too long.