Joe Biden officially announces Reelection Campaign

Martyr Of Fame

20 minutes ago, getBusy said:

You might like him or not (I don't) but in this time and age, not voting (or voting blank, or voting third party) is a stupid and selfish move.

As @Espresso said, this conversation is pointless because no one wants to budge. Particularly a certain subset of liberals leaning into virtue signaling around voting. 

Voter shaming is neither effective or persuasive. No one will be convinced to vote by being told not voting is somehow selfish. 

Because the reality is privileged demographics correlate more with voting than non-privileged demographics. 

White people vote more than peopoe of color. The rich vote more than poor people. And this is even true even if you're able to fix all issues with regards to voter suppression. 

Clinton's losses in Wisconsin and Michigan can indeed be contributed to poor black Americans largely staying home. But I don't believe in a politics that frames poor marginalized as selfish when the selfish ones are the powerful politicians who work to make these people suffer in silence until they come to the view that voting can't and won't make life better. 

Hillary Clinton was selfish. 

The DNC is selfish. 

Joe Biden is selfish. 

Poor people just trying to survive aren't selfish. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• Vermillion

• Bears01

• Hannah Hunt

Joe Biden is an amazing president.

He is America’s last hope against extreme MAGA militia. 

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Poor people just trying to survive aren't selfish. 

Not sure i’m understanding this part. If you’re not able to vote bc you’re working 2 jobs, the closest voting site is hours away, etc. then i agree with this. If you’re poor and you choose not to vote i still think it’s a selfish move. 

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

A stupid and selfish move would be running for president at 80 years old while already showing signs of cognitive decline. 

I agree, but we have no control over that. However, we can control if we vote or not. 

I’m not trying to convince anyone, btw. 

oh man, this is going to be another annoying election cycle. :ahh: 

but it makes sense. a party isn't going to NOT run the incumbent. 

the bar is in hell for both sides.

20 minutes ago, Hannah Hunt said:

all the rationalizations in here about why you’re throwing your vote away are so funny :rip: “i live in a blue city in a purple county in a red state” lmaooo

as if your vote is some sort of strategic bargaining chip and the democrats are supposed to beg for it.

the left will never amass and wield any power if your reaction to someone you don’t like getting elected is to announce “I WILL NOT RELIABLY VOTE! I AM EXTREMELY FICKLE! I GIVE UP VERY EASILY!!” it’s like you actively want politicians to ignore you

Politicians already ignore progressives when they reliably vote blue over policy considerations more than centrists who swap between voting for either party from election to election based on vibes and feelings. 

If you're a reliable voter, the Democrats will take you for granted. Which is why the only consolations black women have ever gotten from the Democratic Party have been identity-based selections for Kamala Harris and Ketanji Brown Jackson. If you withhold your vote, you're unreliable and can safely be ignored. They only care if you're a centrist who would otherwise vote Republican.

Meh. I’m voting for him again. I don’t know why people are doing the most. Yeah he’s old but the alternative is a lot scarier. :rip:

22 minutes ago, getBusy said:

Not sure i’m understanding this part. If you’re not able to vote bc you’re working 2 jobs, the closest voting site is hours away, etc. then i agree with this. If you’re poor and you choose not to vote i still think it’s a selfish move. 

Most poor people don't vote because they don't think it will make their lives better, not because of roadblocks (that do exist) to physically vote. That's the fault of the politician for failing those peoppe.  Not a failure of the person themselves. 

Don't they have someone else to run for president on his side? He's not winning against Trump again.

1 minute ago, UnusualBoy said:

Don't they have someone else to run for president on his side? He's not winning against Trump again.

Genuinely, everyone who identifies as a Democrat and is interested in the presidency is less electable than Biden. Kamala Harris is going to be the biggest blowout victory the Republicans could ever ask for when she's inevitably gifted the nomination in 2028.

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

Most poor people don't vote because they don't think it will make their lives better, not because of roadblocks (that do exist) to physically vote. That's the fault of the politician for failing those peoppe.  Not a failure of the person themselves. 

Ok this is a great point, thanks for sharing!

9 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

The only chance he has at winning the presidency is against trump :rip: the GOP has been hurt electorally downballot since trump won in 16, and he drives democrats to the polls. 

A fresh face new leader for the GOP would probably crush him 

I'm legit confused. 

Not trying to be rude but he clearly shows early signs of dementia and sometimes even struggles to walk. How is he gonna deal with the entire campaign? Press conferences and debates? 

I was thinking maybe Kamala could run instead of him? This was such a crucial decision from the democratic party and i'm not sure is the right one. 

Maybe they have plan? I'm worried. 

54 minutes ago, Hannah Hunt said:

all the rationalizations in here about why you’re throwing your vote away are so funny :rip: “i live in a blue city in a purple county in a red state” lmaooo

as if your vote is some sort of strategic bargaining chip and the democrats are supposed to beg for it.

the left will never amass and wield any power if your reaction to someone you don’t like getting elected is to announce “I WILL NOT RELIABLY VOTE! I AM EXTREMELY FICKLE! I GIVE UP VERY EASILY!!” it’s like you actively want politicians to ignore you

This is why American democracy is so ****** :skull: you should just be able to vote for who most aligns with your views

It’s all political theatre, literally by design. Democrats know he’ll lose if they prop him up as the nominee. It’s the goal.

4 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

The only chance he has at winning the presidency is against trump :rip: the GOP has been hurt electorally downballot since trump won in 16, and he drives democrats to the polls. 

A fresh face new leader for the GOP would probably crush him 

Trump lost to Biden by only 30,000 votes in 2020. If Trump is in fact the Republican nominee again, which he probably will be considering his poll numbers just continue to go up, he will absolutely win against Biden. There’s no question about it.

Shaming people for not voting is ew especially Americans. :bibliahh:They’re 100% right
I’m sorry but French people voted for Macron and now look at us now. He’s the most unpopular president in history. People voted for him to get ride of that girl despite knowing he would never change our lives in better. 

I don’t blame for not bothering anymore.  What’s the even point of choosing “the least worst”. 

4 minutes ago, Moloko Plus said:

It’s all political theatre, literally by design. Democrats know he’ll lose if they prop him up as the nominee. It’s the goal.

What do you mean? Could you elaborate please?

I really don’t understand why we don’t have an age cap to run for President

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Shaming people for not voting is ew especially Americans. :bibliahh:They’re 100% right
I’m sorry but French people voted for Macron and now look at us now. He’s the most unpopular president in history. People voted for him to get ride of that girl despite knowing he would never change our lives in better. 

I don’t blame for not bothering anymore.  What’s the even point of choosing “the least worst”. 

I vote every election cause I feel a duty to but we’ve been stuck with the same horrible prime minister for 13 years now in the Netherlands :skull: this man is literally responsible for deaths and the decline of the country’s healthcare, education and housing systems but rich people (the demographic most politically involved) keep voting for him

Western democracy is not doing anything for us

2 minutes ago, Moloko Plus said:

Trump lost to Biden by only 30,000 votes in 2020. If Trump is in fact the Republican nominee again, which he probably will be considering his poll numbers just continue to go up, he will absolutely win against Biden. There’s no question about it.

….trump has a 25% approval rating and is loathed against independents, there absolutely is a question about it :rip: the GOP bombed in the states that decide the presidency in 2022, with candidates that were directly picked by trump himself. 

Im not saying he can’t win (he can), but you’re underestimating how disliked Trump is in swing states, especially when we already have polls that prove it: 

Its useless to talk about polling this far out, but trump winning these states isn’t the slam dunk you think it is 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.