Bigger: Lover vs. thank u, next?

littlebodybigheart

which album is bigger? thank u, next vs lover  

171 members have voted

1. 1. which album is bigger?

• thank u, next
    • lover

10 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Lover, as an album, is bigger than TYN just in the Anglosphere.

- Germany: TYN (31 weeks) - Lover (36 weeks) half of Lover's weeks are from 2022-2023
- France: TYN (99 weeks) - Lover (19 weeks) 
- Belgium: TYN (111 weeks) - Lover (47 weeks) 
- Spain: TYN (96 weeks) - Lover (144 weeks) 
- Italy: TYN (33 weeks) - Lover (9 weeks) 
- Norway: TYN (51 weeks) - Lover (6 weeks)
- Netherlands: TYN (67 weeks) - Lover (52 weeks)

:sistrens:

IFPI top global albums 2019

#1 Lover

#8 TUN

Despite TUN having more months. Lover is much bigger in Asia and globally in general.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Axelios

• Otter

• unclefloprry

• Monster Queen

4 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

for the GP : thank u next

for Taylor's BTS'd fanbase : Lover 

One album is soon to be top 10 again, and the other has terrible streams, right?
Can't tell if GP is right on this one

1 hour ago, kimberly said:

Ariana didn't sell clips from her diary with her album :dies: imagine the collapse if she did that after the things she went through...

Yes imagine. We had SO MUCH DEEP LYRICS

1 minute ago, Clauss said:

One album is soon to be top 10 again, and the other has terrible streams, right?
Can't tell if GP is right on this one

Idk I don't keep up with US charts. But still, everyone knows the singles thank u next and 7 rings, while no one knows about the Lover songs, besides Taylor's BTS'd fanbase. Taylor has a huge fanbase, which is great, but outside of that group, no one uses her. That's why the GP don't know her songs post-1989 (maybe they know the song for 50 Shades of Grey and Look What You Made Me Do tho.). 

Just now, Summer Boy said:

Idk I don't keep up with US charts. But still, everyone knows the singles thank u next and 7 rings, while no one knows about the Lover songs, besides Taylor's BTS'd fanbase. Taylor has a huge fanbase, which is great, but outside of that group, no one uses her. That's why the GP don't know her songs post-1989 (maybe they know the song for 50 Shades of Grey and Look What You Made Me Do tho.). 

:bibliahh:

Lover (song) alone is probably more remembered than all of Ariana discography.

17 minutes ago, Axelios said:

#1 Lover

#8 TUN

Despite TUN having more months. Lover is much bigger in Asia and globally in general.

acc to certifications... nope :sorry: but hey, Folklore has those China fake sales :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Axelios said:

You don't even believe that :deadbanana4: a fanbase mass-streaming a song =/= the song being remembered (or known at all) by the GP. :rip:

3 minutes ago, Axelios said:

In your last.fm, maybe 

Just now, unclefloprry said:

acc to certifications... nope :sorry: but hey, Folklore has those China fake sales :clap3:

Global units > certifications. Deal with it, Lover is and has always been the bigger album.

1 minute ago, Summer Boy said:

You don't even believe that :deadbanana4: a fanbase mass-streaming a song =/= the song being remembered (or known at all) by the GP. :rip:

The GP is streaming the song and it became a wedding/valentine classic that's why it is outsreaming all of Ariana discography.

2 minutes ago, Axelios said:

The GP is streaming the song and it became a wedding/valentine classic that's why it is outsreaming all of Ariana discography.

sure, I guess these BTS songs are also "wedding/valentine" classics, organic success only! :clap3:

Just now, Summer Boy said:

sure, I guess these BTS songs are also "wedding/valentine" classics, organic success only! :clap3:

BTS songs have terrible streaming longevity (like Ariana I guess) so I don't get why you are even comparing them to Taylor

Edited by Axelios

thank u next will always be bigger no matter how many weeks lover charts

everyone in the real world knows tuna while lover is known for the atrocity that is ME! :skull:

Just now, Axelios said:

BTS songs have terrible streaming longevity so I don't get why are you even comparing them

because both Taylor and BTS (gigantic) success relies on their fanbase while the GP could not care less, while albums like thank u next are consumed by the GP. 

7 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Global units > certifications. Deal with it, Lover is and has always been the bigger album.

Global ≠ anglosphere and China :sistrens:

3 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

because both Taylor and BTS (gigantic) success relies on their fanbase while the GP could not care less, while albums like thank u next are consumed by the GP. 

TUN is not consumed by anyone currently. Taylor has a bigger fanbase than Ariana (bigger pure sales) and also more interest from the GP (bigger streams) she doesn't need radio payola and playlisting for the GP to have organic interest in her albums, to listen yo her songs and then keep streaming them for years because they liked them. She is all around an artist that is not on the same league as Ariana as also evidenced by the difference in terms of touring power.

Edited by Axelios

35 minutes ago, Axelios said:

#1 Lover

#8 TUN

thats because streams weren't included in IFPI numbers until 2020. nice try tho

The one charting at #9 this week in the US and on WW charts 4 years later. :giraffe:

2 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Global ≠ anglosphere and China :sistrens:

Lover sold more globally. TUN being bigger in a few european countries doesn't change that.

ATRLers talking about ~the real world~ will never stop being funny to me :dies:

25 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

Comparing Taylor to BTS when BTS has the most chart-obsessed & manic fanbase out of all artists yet their “mass streaming farms” still can’t get them into the top 10 of daily streamed artists (which requires ~20m streams rn) meanwhile Taylor is comfortably perched at #1, stabilizing at 70m :redface:

Point is: if the most manic and chart obsessed fanbase of all time can’t just boost projects to the top on streaming services by “mass playing” then what makes you think Taylor Swift can do so without any of the gp backing her? :dies: Some of you have no logic I swear.

-

OT: more of the gp know of TUN than Lover, but Lover being consumed so much more makes that point totally moot. Lover clearly won the war, even if if TUN won the 2019 battle. 

56 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

Taylor just broke the monthly listeners record on Spotify. She is more than her “BTS” fan based- fans.

Lover is the only one currently charting so her. :gaydonnacat1:

Edited by Onika Maraj

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.