The Weeknd’s Blinding Lights > Harry Styles’s As It Was > Alessia Cara’s Stay

1 hour ago, slas said:

Top 5 worldwide hits that peaked in the 2020s so far imo, is:

1. Blinding Lights

2. As It Was

3. Stay

4. Save Your Tears

5. Levitating

Honorable mentions: Dance Monkey, Heat Waves, Bad Habits, good 4 u, Easy On Me, Don't Start Now

Others that were a bit too US-local: The Box, Rockstar

Could make the top 5 but needs more time: Flowers

Save Your Tears is bigger than STAY. its already outstreaming (total and daily streams) it on spotify and has almost 2B views on Youtube as well

I can honestly say Stay by Rihanna is what came to my mind first, I don't even remember what the one you're referencing sounds like lol, but I don't listen to a lot of radio.

OT: Blinding Lights, AIW is a cute song with a lot of reply value but it's just good background noise compared to BL. BL encompasses you into its world.

Blinding Lights made top 3 year end two years in a row in like 20+ countries - the success was otherworldly 

Blinding Lights is like the biggest song of the millennium. Easily that one.

23 hours ago, ariananext said:

Blinding Lights > Stay > As It Was

Stay and As It Was are pretty close imo. Blinding Lights is the biggest one for sure. 

This is the correct answer. Blinding Lights is definitively the biggest song of its time. You cannot say the same about Stay and As It Was. I hope Billboard takes this into consideration when doing the next all-time list. I hope Uptown Funk (another song that was the biggest of its time) keeps its rank above Stay and AIW.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.