RIP VH1? Some VH1 Shows, ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ Move To MTV

JustHoran

Paramount is selling both BET and VH1, and before the networks are sold are moving some of their shows that they want to keep to MTV. RIP VH1 :heart2:

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount is moving around a number of its unscripted shows.

VH1 series including Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, Couples Retreat and Caught In The Act: Unfaithful are moving to MTV.

The company said it was looking to find new audiences for these shows, which are all being produced by Lashan Browning’s Antoinette Media, which Paramount recently invested in. The move comes as it is exploring a sale of BET Media Group, which now includes VH1, meaning that it will keep a number of its biggest titles on its other network.

It will form part of a Tuesday Night Takeover for MTV.

Deadline.com

Edited by JustHoran

Their shows have become so lame ever since Viacom watered them down and now MTV is going to make them even lamer. 

omg I hope not! it has given us the most iconic reality tv stars!

it needs a revamp, maybe put a new season of bad girls club on it tbh 

4 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

omg I hope not! it has given us the most iconic reality tv stars!

it needs a revamp, maybe put a new season of bad girls club on it tbh 

That would be amazing :duca: Lets hope the new owners actually make VH1 good again

3 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

So that’s why they moved Drag Race :foxaylove2:

Oop!

3 hours ago, Power love said:

Omg just cancel love and hip hop Atlanta already enough:biblio:

Who is going to pay for Rashida and Kirk’s bills?

Does this mean no more constant Mean Girls reruns cuz the rest of the schedule will be full of Ridiculousness or w/e? :'( I wanted all the girls to keep geting their weekly tv royalties!

did I find the wrong schedule or is MTV really airing Ridiculousness and Catfish the whole day, every day? :skull:

15 hours ago, Nashe said:

did I find the wrong schedule or is MTV really airing Ridiculousness and Catfish the whole day, every day? :skull:

Yes! MTV shows either one of them (mostly Ridiculousness) the entire day with literally nothing else on... :rip:

I hope with them selling VH1 that they actually start caring about MTV now but I doubt it

16 hours ago, okgo said:

Does this mean no more constant Mean Girls reruns cuz the rest of the schedule will be full of Ridiculousness or w/e? :'( I wanted all the girls to keep geting their weekly tv royalties!

Mean Girls reruns will never die. Some other dead network will put it on repeat :clap3:

so they're getting rid of vh1 content and putting them off to mtv when they don't really play much or are known for anything anymore?

7 hours ago, JustHoran said:

Yes! MTV shows either one of them (mostly Ridiculousness) the entire day with literally nothing else on... :rip:

how do they stay on air then cuz I guess the vieweship must be the pits?

Some of the shows do need to be canceled, but condense the two networks together at this point. Don't see the point of having both exist anymore. Sad.

I have no faith in Viacom but the moves make sense. VH1 has at least had programs that have made noise, which MTV has lacked since like the very early 2010’s.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:47 PM, SchmoodRing said:

so they're getting rid of vh1 content and putting them off to mtv when they don't really play much or are known for anything anymore?

MTV is the bigger name brand, so I guess that's why they are keeping MTV over VH1.

When VH1 Top 20 was controversially cancelled in late 2015 and the subsequent removal of all music videos from the channel (which is hurting Hot AC big time, as a lot of the Hot AC core artists [Rob Thomas/MB20, Train, Jason Mraz, Daughtry, Nickelback's CHR/HAC output, etc.] were played on there), the last thing that kept it unique went bye-bye. VH1 should have been shut down at that moment. 

On 4/13/2023 at 7:54 AM, mxoonlight said:

I have no faith in Viacom but the moves make sense. VH1 has at least had programs that have made noise, which MTV has lacked since like the very early 2010’s.

On 4/13/2023 at 2:23 AM, Nashe said:

how do they stay on air then cuz I guess the vieweship must be the pits?

On 4/12/2023 at 7:47 PM, SchmoodRing said:

2022 avg network rating:

mtv #44, 288k

vh1 #55, 241k

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.