BTS ARMY accuse Billboard of racism after 90% filtered sales for Jimin

DockDock

8 minutes ago, brazil said:

The fans know what theyre getting, regardless of it being a different vynil or nor not. The music is still the same, and as far as I know Billboard is ranking music consumption and not clocks sold.

But they're not just purchasing the music, they're also purchasing the packaging that comes with it. This is where the variation comes into play. Purchasing the same MP3 file over and over and over again, in order to manipulate the charts is a completely different thing. :skull:

One purchase, per item, should be counted. If they want to mass purchase physical copies, no one is going to stop them, but the fact you're working this hard to try and defend blatant fraudulence is pretty funny.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetea

• Kayseri Mantisi

• BrokenMachine

• Enrique523

10 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

But they're not just purchasing the music, they're also purchasing the packaging that comes with it. This is where the variation comes into play. Purchasing the same MP3 file over and over and over again, in order to manipulate the charts is a completely different thing. :skull:

One purchase, per item, should be counted. If they want to mass purchase physical copies, no one is going to stop them, but the fact you're working this hard to try and defend blatant fraudulence is pretty funny.

Im not defending fraud, im arguing theyre both fraud, as we're discussing music consumption metrics and not packaging. If anything artists releasing several packages etc only make ir worse cause ir shows they condone of the fraudlent tactics :giraffe:

Just now, brazil said:

Im not defending fraud, im arguing theyre both fraud, as we're discussing music consumption metrics and not packaging. If anything artists releasing several packages etc only make ir worse cause ir shows they condone of the fraudlent tactics :giraffe:

Yes, we're discussing music consumption which is consumed when a variant copy is purchased. Packaging is hardly irrelevant when you can literally win a GRAMMY award for it. :skull: If you can't see the difference between buying different variants of a product and buying the exact same thing over and over, then I don't really know what to say. It seems like a personal issue. :michael:

On 4/12/2023 at 8:16 PM, TouchinFree said:

I believe that we've all had our "stan" moment once upon a time. I mean not too long ago a certain stan base had their fave's exes' photos (or what they believed to be THE potential ex) plastered all over their "listening parties" :gaycat7: 

The K-Pop stans are a little too extreme though. To the point of actual worship. Their entire lives' are dedicated to their fave and it's quite frightening. I don't know if you've ever had an actual conversation with one of them in real life. It's scary. If you disagree, you've insulted their god basically. There's some actual underlining undiagnosed conditions and I'm not being dramatic. Most, if not all of them believe those groups are "perfect" in terms of BEAUTY and talent. And if you happen to know about the beauty standards of the eastern culture, it is all about "youth" and fair skin ( closest to white). And I'm talking about the entirety of the Asian continent regardless of region. Little do they know just how much they're supporting the internalized racism and whitewashing phenomenon within. 

I do agree with most of what you said but the whitewashing part. In Asia yes, the beauty standard is being light skinned, but not western type of "white", idk how to really explain it but not the redness white type which majority of people here don't find anything attractive with it.

In Asia through the history, being light skinned  typically means someone living good life, Rich and can stay as their houses all they want since they comfortable, while the working class have much darker skin due to being outside most of the time, so their skin gets darker With time. It has nothing to do with whitewashing or western "white"

On 4/12/2023 at 5:57 AM, dumbsparce said:

The whole kpop industry is like a real life Black Mirror episode. These "artists" are literal products. Zero artistry, zero personality, all these bands are interchangeable bc they all sound and look the same. I get that the kids are drawn to the flashiness of it all but I can't imagine an adult not seeing right through the fakeness and not immediately being turned off.

This is why I hate the current face groups of k-pop, they give this idea that entire kpop is just a product and zero artisty. Which it isn't, if you went deep you'll find great artist that value their art rather then current dumb kpop.

21 hours ago, brazil said:

Where is this energy from BB to stop several remixes etc from counting for sales when Taylor does it? It does feel racist to single out Korean artist

Billboard has allowed Taylor, BTS and many other artists to make suspicious tactics SEVERAL times. BTS chart numbers have been greatly benefited in the last years just because BB allowed their stans to cheat the charts, it's not like BB prevented them from doing it since the first bulk buying situation, and because of that ATRL, stans and predictors have dragged BB countless times for allowing those tactics from BTS, but also from Ariana, 6ix9ine, Taylor, Nicki, etc. They had to do something about it sometime, and they took the decision to do it right now. If they started applying the rule with Taylor they wouldn't be called 'racist' but still they would be called 'misogynists' or stuff like that (which they might be, but not because of that :rip:)

Also, they ALLOWED the bulk buying for Jimin to happen anyways and gave him the #1, it's not like it didn't happen. 'Officially' Jimin still has a #1 song on the H100, so I don't get how BTS stans still have the nerve to be so entitled towards Billboard

Edited by BrokenMachine

On 4/10/2023 at 11:35 PM, thetea said:

why should it? those bulk sales don't represent actual music consumption. those sales represent a fanbase wanting to go #1 on the chart without actually being the most popular song of the week. it has horrendous streams and airplay for a #1 single. 

Neither does radio, DJs choose who to play and labels pay to make that happen, the whole industry is money moving.

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

Neither does radio, DJs choose who to play and labels pay to make that happen, the whole industry is money moving.

but radios generally play what people want to hear, otherwise no one would listen to it. radio is nowhere as corrupt as what BTS fans are doing. you're essentially saying that there's one component of the chart (radio) that you perceive to be corrupt, so therefore they should corrupt the whole hot 100 and allow songs that aren't even popular to go #1 based on intentionally inflated sales. 

On 4/13/2023 at 12:41 AM, Hurem said:

Our girls had to have good songs to gain fans, whereas k-pop weirdos have entire fandoms at their presentations (like the products they are, with zero artistic integrity).

Right? There are already stans from groups that’s haven’t even debuted (see BabyMonster)

it's not BTS HOT 100

leave Billboard alone

On 4/14/2023 at 11:02 PM, brazil said:

The fans know what theyre getting, regardless of it being a different vynil or nor not. The music is still the same, and as far as I know Billboard is ranking music consumption and not clocks sold.

Apparently ~10 people bought 30K copies of that Jimin song. 

It's just so different from the typical core fanbase buying 3-4 copies each (every ATRL fave has them)

Edited by skyandground

7 hours ago, skyandground said:

Apparently ~10 people bought 30K copies of that Jimin song. 

It's just so different from the typical core fanbase buying 3-4 copies each (every ATRL fave has them)

Check that rafran lady on twitter shes in charge.. they send money to someone from all over to mass buy. It’s literally insane :skull:

does this apply to their own website?? Cuz If so that’s where Stans mass buy mostly. Just saw certain Stan base on twitter trynna do this for next weeks chart. 

Edited by Superbitch

To be fair, Billboard needs to publish the rules and have the information readily available to access. All these changes, and unannounced changes, need to be advertised and accessible to the public for full transparency. 

So how well did It do this week

When it happened to Katy with Daisies no one cared because she’s white. 

4 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

To be fair, Billboard needs to publish the rules and have the information readily available to access. All these changes, and unannounced changes, need to be advertised and accessible to the public for full transparency. 

Absolutely not lmao. Why?

4 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

Absolutely not lmao. Why?

Because not being transparent erodes public trust in the accuracy of charts. Why wouldn’t they want to make the rules clear to everyone? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.