Most Forgettable Best Actress Win of The Last Decade?

GraceRandolph

Most Forgotten Best Actress Winning Performance?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Michelle Yeoh - Everything Everywhere All At Once
    • Jessica Chastain - The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    • Frances McDormand - Nomadland
    • Renèe Zellweger - Judy
    • Olivia Colman - The Favourite
    • Frances McDormand - Three Billboards
    • Emma Stone - La La Land
    • Brie Larson - Room
    • Julianne Moore - Still Alice
    • Cate Blanchett - Blue Jasmine

Idk, but i cant get past how good Michelle was in Everything. Literally her magnum opus.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• fridayteenage

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Antisocialites

Brie kind of stomped in Room, and it’s such a stark contrast to the roles she took after, I remember it for that alone. 

I didn’t even know Renee had won an Oscar :rip: 

Just now, Relampago. said:

Brie kind of stomped in Room, and it’s such a stark contrast to the roles she took after, I remember it for that alone. 

I didn’t even know Renee had won an Oscar :rip: 

She chose the bag not the arts

julianne bc the movie she won was very bad. shes deserves for several other performances. i dont think brie is forgotten at all

1 hour ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Imagine hating on Brie performance of ROOM when it's easily the best here

Her hate is so uncalled for 

She wasn’t bad, but she’s easily bottom 3 on this roster along with Chastain and Zellweger.

Brie Larson. I know she’s in Marvel movies, but if you asked a stranger who she is and her winning an Oscar, the average person would still say: “who?” 

Julianne Moore was a (incredibly well deserving) career win, so she at least has that 

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

Emma Stone because for starters she didn't deserve to win.

This tea! Natalie Portman was robbed. 

-

Renee

Chastain's win was kinda so anticlimactic and meh. 

Not people saying Brie :deadbanana2: when her performance is one of the best ones here. 

24 minutes ago, Natawie said:

This tea! Natalie Portman was robbed. 

-

Renee

Huppert and negga were better than nat

I've only seen Still Alice, La La Land, Judy, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, and Everything Everywhere All at Once from the list so I cannot really answer however I don't understand how Michelle's performance could be forgotten considering she just won weeks ago.

it's totally Chastain. She was never the frontrunner, but at a certain point everyone was just like "eh fine whatever give it to her". Tammy Faye bombed horribly too and Will SMith overshadowed everything.

Edited by WildAmerican

I see Ms. Randolph has fired up the burner accounts for the voting here

k7LeDfV.gif

Moore in Alice for me, but that’s because her earlier works were far stronger. 

Everyone talking about The Eyes of Tammy BO when this whole time I thought it was a streaming film (that’s where I first watched.) :rip:

Brie’s performance in Room was memorable for me. Such a great performance/film. 

Renee is the most forgotten. That movie and performance are not iconic.

Brie deserves to be more remembered, she is top-tier on this list along with Cate and Olivia Colman

The ones I feel like I never see people talking about anymore are Moore/Zellweger/McDormand (second time)/Chastain.

8 hours ago, Stallo said:

Idk, but i cant get past how good Michelle was in Everything. Literally her magnum opus.

Yes I watched the movie and she is phenomenal! Some had the nerve to vote for her? How can it be forgettable when it's the first Asian woman winning and just happened like 2 weeks ago :skull: pure racism.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

8 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

Chastain's win was kinda so anticlimactic and meh. 

Not people saying Brie :deadbanana2: when her performance is one of the best ones here. 

I like Brie in Room but her win for that performance in the film feels uneventful, it did nothing for her career except that Marvel movie that no one cares about nowadays.

Edited by Antisocialites

Brie Larson because the MCU has turned out to be an albatross around her neck and the few other movies she's taken on (like The Glass Castle and a nothingy role in Just Mercy) have made zero noise. With her next role being in *checks notes* Fast X and everyone seemingly having their knives out for The Marvels in November, I think she will end up being one of those actors that when you tell someone they won an Oscar people will be shocked. Which is a shame because she is an excellent actress and she was so, so good in Room.

But yeah I would say in the same boat are Julianne Moore and Renee Zellweger (with them being career capping wins with movies that aren't exactly fondly remembered) and Jessica Chastain (winning for a film no one watched and was critically forgotten about after it's festival release until Chastain started to build momentum).

I think Nomadland being a Best Picture winner, critically acclaimed, directed by one of the handful of Oscar winning women and it likely being sought out by film fans for years to come with a relevant message that will help it age better than other movies -- as well as the much noted fact it's a third win -- means Frances McDormand's success will be remembered more widely than the above. Even winning during the pandemic ceremony kinda makes it notable.

9 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Yes I watched the movie and she is phenomenal! Some had the nerve to vote for her? How can it be forgettable when it's the first Asian woman winning and just happened like 2 weeks ago :skull: pure racism.

Idk how Yeoh could be forgotten when she is one of the only winners in a commercially successful film. :skull: 

Julianne easily. i don't think anyone remembers that movie :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.