• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RealityBites

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• Heartbeat Song

• JoeAg

having listened to the record for a few days, there are some parts of it that i love

in terms of singles, i think down to you and favourite kind of high are standouts for the summer

i also like high road, rock hudson and magic - they are solid tracks

i feel like the record is more mature in some regards, minus the juvenile abominations that are i hate love and red flag collector  :chick1:

it lacks some depth and it plays things a bit safe, that's my main issue with it

some of the production could also have been polished in places

I think it’s a pretty good album. It’s a shame Atlantic picked some of the worst songs to be released beforehand. I feel like if they weren’t going to bother pushing any proper singles then they should’ve launched  the era with Lighthouse. 

I think the production could’ve been stronger in places and the twists at the end of Mine and Skip This Part are interesting but could’ve been more fleshed out. 

I really like the title track, I wish it was longer 

Even tho Lighthouse is my favorite, I think they should have turned it into this big power ballad with a very strong instrumental. 

Apart from that, there are some songs I like, but overall this isn't my kind of music. It's the same way I felt about MOL. Next single should be Favorite Kind Of High for summer.

I wish she would go back to a more pop rock sound and serve songs like I Forgive You, Let Me Down, Don't Let Me Stop You, Long Shot, Alone, You Can't Win, You Love Me and ballads like Cry. I really miss this kind of Kelly music. :'(

I finally listened to it and I love it :jonny: me is still my favorite song but I love down to you, lighthouse and rock hudson

Wait, is Kelly outing her ex-husband as gay with rock hudson? :rip:

Edited by LovaticSwiftie

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

No songs charted on global or US Spotify yesterday.

To be expected tbh, her streaming needs a lot of help ngl 

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey
Poor autocorrect

9 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Wait, is Kelly outing her ex-husband as gay in rock hudson? :rip:

i havent listened to the album yet but i thought the same when i first read the lyrics/title

that’s right

i like the ocean

that’s right

i sink my toes in

that’s right

the water’s comin’ tonight

i let you go with the tide

that’s right

wendy-williams-dancing.gif

what a closer, she did that

3 hours ago, MrLovett said:

No songs charted on global or US Spotify yesterday.

the album is cute, I gave it a listen and liked Mine but good lord this is horrific

The album is a little bland for me, although the top three songs for me are really solid.

Lighthouse - Rock Hudson - Favorite Kind of High

Not sure if she’ll push any of those songs but I hope so, she deserves to smash with any of those songs. But overall the album is just too safe and boring for me.

i’m loving the album… sad it’s going to be her first proper flop as an album

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

To be expected tbh, her streaming needs a lot of help ngl 

No… :rip: Rock Hudson is known for being the picture perfect man in film. That’s all. She’s saying he seemed perfect, almost like the relationship was a movie, but it wasn’t real, all a façade. 

The interpretation that she’s outing her husband as gay seems intentionally dense cause the song very clearly not at all hinting at that.  

• Like 2

far too adult contemporary for me

46 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

The album is a little bland for me, although the top three songs for me are really solid.

Lighthouse - Rock Hudson - Favorite Kind of High

Not sure if she’ll push any of those songs but I hope so, she deserves to smash with any of those songs. But overall the album is just too safe and boring for me.

We have the same Top3! :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

No… :rip: Rock Hudson is known for being the picture perfect man in film. That’s all. She’s saying he seemed perfect, almost like the relationship was a movie, but it wasn’t real, all a façade. 

The interpretation that she’s outing her husband as gay seems intentionally dense cause the song very clearly not at all hinting at that.  

Maybe she did this on purpose tho :gaycat5:

bought my physical copy today and i'm very disappointed with the booklet...no pictures AT ALL!?

come on Kelly...

1 hour ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

We have the same Top3! :jonny5:

Clearly we have great taste, fellow Lovatic + Swiftie :duca:

But seriously, hope she goes all out with any of those songs, they have smash potential.

Edited by Mr. Duff

Surprisingly the David Guetta remix of FKOH has been on replay :WAP: it gives me that early 10s euphoric feeling :'( 

3 hours ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Maybe she did this on purpose tho :gaycat5:

Ehhh on an interview with Billboard she specifically said Rock Hudson’s private life was not an inspiration for the song

1st Day Album streams: 1,603,784

25,648,964 Total Album streams.

Honestly it was semi smart of her team to release multiple songs first cuz the album already has a quarter of a 100 million streams. And most of those songs may not have gotten many streams if not released before album. 

First target I went to had only 3 CDs left and the second one had none left. 

Edited by RealityBites

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.