Kelly Clarkson - 'chemistry'

kelly-clarkson
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

Stream chemistry, out now!

2 hours ago, kellysclarkson said:

Am I the only one who loves the simplicity of that's right? The water imagery, the calypso vibe 

It's a beautiful song! So fun! I do not get the hate it receives. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RealityBites

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• Heartbeat Song

• JoeAg

The Irvine-sounding guitars at the beginning of chemistry….I was taking cover!

lighthouse :cries::cries::cries:

• ATRL Moderator

Ok, I've decided rock hudson is a top-tier Kelly track :clap3: Even though the bridge lyrics leaked earlier, I still find it so moving. And her voice on the verses sounds like Thankful-era Kelly somehow nnnn.

This album is excellent, tbh. :jonnycat: The hate train against the two leads is over for me, finally. :gaycat3:

It's probably the album of her that I have enjoyed the most at first listening since... Stronger, maybe (although I didn't connect with Einsten, Hello and You Can't Win instantly, so, this makes this new album even better). 

FKOH felt so weird since I've only been playing the David Guetta remix these last weeks. :redface: I know it's not something I should feel proud about, but Kelly/Guetta would have worked so well in 2012. :jonny5:

51 minutes ago, RockStarShit101 said:

favorite kind of high is my favorite song

am i basic?

Yes. But it’s okay, God loves you.

• Like 1

"Me" maid me very cautious with this album but it is actually awesome :rip:

Such a nice record and such a nice addition to her catalogue

Another record from Atlantic with no skips. :celestial5:

magic is such a beautiful song, but it's even more HEARTBREAKING in the context of the rest of the album. :cries:

Edited by jpsketch

The album is fantastic but this is for sure Kelly’s worst era. The fact the label isn’t investing in anything for the era is disheartening. 

I have never seen someone of Kelly status be so mistreated. 

It's the exact opposite, though. She is a busy woman and is doing exactly what she wants to be doing. Trust me, I've talked to people on her team who work at Atlantic. She says "no" to so many opportunities.

We should be thankful that Atlantic supports what little she wants to do. They've also let her record two LPs that she wanted to make, with very little interference.

Edited by jpsketch
  • Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, EnterTheAttic said:

It's a beautiful song! So fun! I do not get the hate it receives. 

Your post made me nervous ATRLers were being tasteless and hating on it, but I just read the last two pages and only one person dislikes it :laugh: Where is it getting hate? Twitter?

Honestly, so far I have not been able to skip a single song, even "i hate love" has grown on me immensely. :jonny4:

It is probably my favorite album of hers by far, even over MoL because this one I can relate to so much.

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Your post made me nervous ATRLers were being tasteless and hating on it, but I just read the last two pages and only one person dislikes it :laugh: Where is it getting hate? Twitter?

I've seen many comments here on ATRL hating it or ranking it at the bottom of their lists :gaycat7:

Apple Music:

#7 Brazil (+57)

Omg it's a hit here

• Like 2

• ATRL Administrator
1 hour ago, jpsketch said:

Another record from Atlantic with no skips. :celestial5:

magic is such a beautiful song, but it's even more HEARTBREAKING in the context of the rest of the album. :cries:

Beautiful post my friend. 

Don't kill me...

rock hudson is the only song I don't vibe with. I don't hate it by any means, and I'm still listening to it, but it is easily my least favorite on the entire album. :rip:

I felt the same way at the Belasco.

Edited by jpsketch

33 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

Don't kill me...

rock hudson is the only song I don't vibe with. I don't hate it by any means, and I'm still listening to it, but it is easily my least favorite on the entire album. :rip:

I felt the same way at the Belasco.

You deserve a thread ban.

jk :coffee:

• Like 1

idk if I should do a nightwalk in a few hours or just listen to this on my laptop rn... I want my first listen to be special, cause Kelly is one of my absolute favs hmmmmmm :sherlock:

I have a feeling that Me is still going to be my least favorite after listening to the whole album, but at least it's grown SLIGHTLY in the past few months

Mine, FKoH, and Lighthouse remain the superior singles :gaycat2:

8 hours ago, kellysclarkson said:

Am I the only one who loves the simplicity of that's right? The water imagery, the calypso vibe 

One of the best songs on the album

it's a terrific way to end the album, and I think fitting that it's a completely different vibe. She's in a much better place now, and that song reflects it perfectly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.