• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RealityBites

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• Heartbeat Song

• JoeAg

I think this era may have gone differently had Down To You been the lead.

1 minute ago, goldstargay said:

I think this era may have gone differently had Down To You been the lead.

100% should’ve been and the fact so many people said it is rather infuriating that Atlantic couldn’t see it

really really really happy with my first listen, so many masterpieces on this :jonny5: Cannot wait to listen through again when I finish work tonight :clap3:

but yeah she could have had a decent era if it was managed completely different but I'm gonna stop dwelling on that now :rip:

OK I HAD TO STOP MY FIRST PLAY AND COME HERE

MAGICCCCCC WHAT THE FUCCCCKKKKK I'M CRYINNNGGGGG :weeps: :jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6:

One of my favorite Kelly songs EVER and probably in general. I'm so in love atm and this song hit me like a brick :weeps:

also High Road and Down To You ???? hello??? WHY IS HER LABEL SABOTAGING HER WHEN SHE'S GOT SUCH GREAT SONGS ON THE RECORDDDDD

Am I the only one who loves the simplicity of that's right? The water imagery, the calypso vibe 

• ATRL Moderator

I am loving the acclaim for Magic. I need to go back and refathom Maybe and How I Feel in MD to better understand Kelly’s angle with the song. But it’s so vulnerable and beautiful. Easily my favorite track on the album. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, kellysclarkson said:

Am I the only one who loves the simplicity of that's right? The water imagery, the calypso vibe 

I like That’s Right (though it is still the most bafflingly hilarious song she’s put out because it completely took me by surprise). It’s a fun song and I think a lot of people confused by it also like it but still find it to be the odd ball of the album in terms of production.

chemistry (song) is so beautiful

This album is REALLY solid!

I wasn't expecting to love it so much because of the singles, but I'm surprised and proud of her! Her vocals are the best they've EVER been, and I love how she talked about the divorce subject here.

My top 3 is Skip this Part, Down to You and Chemistry.

Probably a 8/10 for me.

4 hours ago, xDiamondx said:

Honestly the Chemistry into FKOH has me like :dies: 

Down to You, Lighthouse and Rock Hudson are my absolute favorites on the album so far. The latter two of which are her best songs she's ever written. 

mmm same :dies: 

it flows so much better into magic

Apple Music:

#6 Myanmar (NE)

#9 Slovenia (+2)

#14 Macau (NE)

#14 Singapore (+71)

#15 New Zealand (+49)

#16 Malaysia (+94)

#17 Australia (+31)

#19 Netherlands (+50)

#20 Uruguay (NE)

#23 Ireland (+30)

#24 Taiwan (NE)

#25 Brazil (+45)

#25 Cambodia (NE)

#25 Philippines (+55)

#28 United Kingdom (+47)

#29 Vietnam (NE)

#30 Kenya (+66)

#31 Croatia (NE)

#31 Hong Kong (NE)

#33 Switzerland (NE)

#34 United States (+30)

#35 Uganda (NE)

#39 Papua New Guinea (+49)

#46 Canada (+20)

#53 Norway (NE)

#54 Iceland (NE)

#58 North Macedonia (NE)

#59 Indonesia (NE)

#59 South Africa (NE)

#60 Sweden (+80)

#65 Portugal (NE)

#66 Finland (NE)

#67 Bahrain (NE)

#72 Austria (NE)

#73 China (NE)

#74 Spain (NE)

#75 Denmark (NE)

#76 Germany (NE)

#77 Thailand (NE)

#82 Costa Rica (NE)

#86 South Korea (NE)

#87 Poland (NE)

#92 Mauritius (NE)

#97 Argentina (+85)

#106 Belgium (NE)

#114 Turkey (NE)

#131 Chile (NE)

#171 Colombia (NE)

#193 Mexico (NE)

Keep streaming guys :gaycat1:

Magic

High Road

Down To You

That's Right

Favorite Kind Of High

are my absolute favorites. I like the album! I was so letdown by the pre-releases but these 5 songs are everything I love in Kelly.

Even ''red flag collector'' grew on me, it's actually a bop.

14 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I like That’s Right (though it is still the most bafflingly hilarious song she’s put out because it completely took me by surprise). It’s a fun song and I think a lot of people confused by it also like it but still find it to be the odd ball of the album in terms of production.

TR is definitely the most different sounding. Hear me out, I think it would sound less jarring if my mistake was the song before it. I think percussion in the bridge of MM flows better to percussion of TR. either way TR is the most left field sounding song. 

I will admit, I will definitely play TR while relaxing on the beach this summer. I like it. 

I think That's Right is her best shot at commercial success and i'm super serious. She hasn't sounded this fresh in a while. I don't think this could crack the top10 but I think it could be a radio hit

So Excited. Its out. Lemme Listen :gayrrycat1:

32 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

I think That's Right is her best shot at commercial success and i'm super serious. She hasn't sounded this fresh in a while. I don't think this could crack the top10 but I think it could be a radio hit

I had a similar supposition, could be either most successful or least successful :gaycat6:

55 minutes ago, Luis Gustavo said:

#6 Myanmar (NE)

global queen :clap3:

• Haha 1

I don’t dislike the album but I am disappointed. This is a heavily watered down divorce/break up album in favor of keeping a more pop oriented sound. Decent amount of filler too. I’d put it near the lower end of her discography right now. Also, it shows little to no artistic growth. We wanted My December and got slightly sadder/angrier Piece by Piece/Meaning of Life basically imo. The overly poppy production on many tracks ruins the emotion of them. It just lacks the passion of her earlier work when this should be probably the most passionate one

I loved Skip This Part, Mine, High Road, Favorite Kind of High, Lighthouse, and Rock Hudson

The songs Me, Magic, Red Flag Collector, and I Hate Love are okay but not saves for me

I straight up so not like Down to You, Chemistry, My Mistake, and That’s Right. They bored me and do nothing

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator

Chemistry, Favorite Kind of High, Magic, Lighthouse into Rock Hudson is a series of emotions my goodness. I enjoy the back to back nature of those songs.

Kelly has never sounded better than she is on this album. I enjoy it a lot better than MOL. That is my least favorite Kelly album. I know what she was going for with that project but it fell flat for me in part bc the production sounded so canned versus the live instruments she was highlighting. This album feels alive and fresh. 

The string of Down To You --> chemistry --> FKOH --> magic --> lighthouse --> rock hudson is my favorite part of the album right now.  

ABSOLUTELY LOVE:

skip this part

chemistry

lighthouse

rock hudon

LOVE:

FKOH

magic

LIKE:

mine

i hate love

that's right.

high road

OK:

my mistake

SKIPs:

me (i kinda hate it)

red flag collector

Overall, I like this album so much more than MOL.  I would rank this album overall somewhere in the middle to upper half of her discography.  def above MOL, Thankful, AIEW, and maybe even Stronger.  But there are a couple of individual songs (lifehouse, rock hudson, chemistry) that I would rank very high in my kelly all time.

Yeah I still couldn’t get into this unfortunately. I think it’s my least fav from her :monkey:

The pre release songs were really the weakest ones huh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.