Kelly Clarkson - 'chemistry'

kelly-clarkson
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

Stream chemistry, out now!

The anticipation killed this album. She talked so much about how therapeutic the writing process was, and I was expecting some kind of immersion in her divorce feelings. I understand everything that is at stake for her, but the bar is just too high when it comes to iconic break-up albums, and she could've gone there, she just chose not to. I bet that there's more exciting songs that won't see the light of the day, and it's sad. I wish she didn't cut "Me". I guess the label showed it to her, told she was killing the Spotify game, young voice, etc, etc. And it's not terrible, but I wish, at least, that she kept the body of work all hers.

There are cool songs but no clear standouts for me. If it were up to me, I would begin now putting together a deluxe version and try to save this or an entirely new album for early 2024.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RealityBites

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• Heartbeat Song

• JoeAg

7 hours ago, Popboi. said:

You can't be serious praising fkoh and calling TYH embarrassing when it has better production, lyrics and vocals :deadbanana2: 

Not this.

FKOH >>>>> TYH 

most of TYH is her being chopped up singing, I'll ta-a-ke you high -igh - igh -igh -igh - igh -igh. 

FKOH may not be the best on this album, but it's definitely superior to TYH 

• Like 1

Gave in with one listen before Friday and I can honestly say I loved every track off first listen. Excited to listen on repeat Friday :jonnycat:

which song is the most Sober-ish or How I Feel-ish?

alsoooo which is the most like soulful?

32 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

which song is the most Sober-ish or How I Feel-ish?

alsoooo which is the most like soulful?

I think skip this part is most like sober. 

Nothing strikes me to be like how I feel on the album. Maybe I hate love because it has the same message as how I feel. 

me is definitely the most soulful. magic is slightly soulful 

Side note,  chemistry totally has a Sparks by Coldplay vibe. Love it. 

• Like 1

Liking this the more I listen to it. The singles leading up so far had me feeling like WCCA would be more of the true divorce album because the emotion there is so strong, but this has some really deep and cutting moments as well. You can definitely tell this is a 'healing' album more than processing the pain in real-time, which gives it some interesting depth, but also robs it of some of the rawer, angry moments that I think it's missing to make it pop more.

Also I think Would You Call That Love would have been an amazing addition to this :celestial5:

17 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

I was gonna ask what’s wrong with your taste and then I saw ur username :rip:

:bibliahh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Unpopular opinion but the 3-fold punch of chemistry --> favorite kind of high --> magic is beautifully done with tasteful purpose. I see you Kelly. 

Every song that hasn’t been released is soo much better. I was prepared to be very disappointed by this album because I didn’t really like what we heard so far. Wtf is wrong with Atlantic?

Lighthouse, Rock Hudson and Skip This Part are my favorites so far. But honestly everything is pretty solid. Can’t wait to listen to it more. 

i really like every single song on this album and only skip mine and me sometimes cause we had those songs for a while now

my favourites (of the songs that haven't been released yet) are definitely magic, skip this part, lighthouse and rock hudson

i also do love chemistry and that's right because they're a little different

• Like 1

Cute album

magic is soooo good :jonny5:

how can her voice be so amazing but her material is ALWAYS so subpar

i listened to the album 3 times and coudnt tell you how a single song goes... 

Her not filming one music video for fans is such a slap in the face. It’s like give us nothing Kelly because i doubt she’s touring either. 

So ridiculous. 

• ATRL Moderator
34 minutes ago, ~Start The Music said:

magic is soooo good :jonny5:

Taste. :clap3:

• Like 1

The way literally no one talks about thats right :deadbanana4:

SKIP THIS PART IS A MASTERPIECE

KELLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDAMN!

oprah-no-surprised-oprah-decepcionada.gif 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Tylerbv said:

The way literally no one talks about thats right :deadbanana4:

It was the most memorable listening experience when I listened to the album for the first time. 

that's right is A BOPPP

she served tropical rich single white lady and we love that for her

wendy-williams-shimmy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.