• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RealityBites

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• Heartbeat Song

• JoeAg

Can someone describe Lighthouse? Is it like Cry, which is my favorite Kelly ballad? I need some kind of comparison.

3 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Can someone describe Lighthouse? Is it like Cry, which is my favorite Kelly ballad? I need some kind of comparison.

it's atmospherical and mostly piano driven

wouldn't compare it to 'cry' though...it's more like 'tightrope' but elevated

heavenly backup vocals

her voice is on point just as it's on the rest of the album

• Thanks 1

I keep going back to lighthouse, definitely a career highlight for me. So so beautiful and heartbreaking. Vocals are exquisite 

the album is cute my favs are skip this part , high road and chemistry

I think high road and down to you are THOSE songs 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bloo said:

Well, I don’t think reducing Rock Hudson to his sexuality and tragic death is going to help you unpack it. I think it’s because Rock Hudson played the “dreamy” guy in films that was too good to be true. So calling him her “Rock Hudson” is saying he was too good to be true and confirming that with, “it was real but it wasn’t”. 

Ok I can see what you’re saying, thank you. I typed this up right after I heard it, so I didn’t have time to process and think on it. The only reason I brought up his sexuality and death was mainly bc of the opening lines. 

“You were my Rock Hudson
It was real, but it wasn’t
No one ever saw it coming
I was never what you wanted…”

like I see where you’re coming from ofc, and I def don’t wanna make it seem like I’m trying to stir up drama. I love Kelly very much, and I have no doubt that the most unproblematic pop icon/talk show host of our generation isn’t trying to be offensive 20 years into her career. I just feel like if people don’t understand her marriage/divorce, have limited knowledge of Rock’s life, and they don’t know how to accept other interpretations but their own…that could unintentionally raise an eyebrow or two. Absolutely just my opinion ofc, and beyond that one moment, I really do enjoy the song.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Heartbeat Song said:

I think high road and down to you are THOSE songs 

Yessss both sooooo good 

5 hours ago, RihannaStan4LIFE said:

Ok, so like…is it just me, or is anyone confused by Rock Hudson? Like why is she comparing Brandon to a secretly gay actor from the 50s/60s that died of AIDS?☠️

other than that, this album is 10/10 for me. This has some of the absolute best work of her career, and I’m so proud of her for creating an album this spectacular 20 years into her career. 

Rock Hudson was the biggest actor of his time, he was basically 'the ideal man' and everyone thought he was perfect - so she's basically saying she thought she had found her dream man. Nothing else to read into that's it. 

Won't be searching for leaks but i'm excited for the album. Will def check this out on Friday, i love Kelly :heart2:

• Like 1

Can we all agree that FKOH should be the next single, followed by down to you, and lastly high road 

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Can we all agree that FKOH should be the next single, followed by down to you, and lastly high road 

FKOH should be scrubbed from her discography, actually. :matty:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

FKOH should be scrubbed from her discography, actually. :matty:

That ain't right sis. She finally has a proper electro dance pop and it's showing promising streaming power organically. 

Edited by Heartbeat Song
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Heartbeat Song said:

That ain't right sis. She finally has a proper electro dance pop and it's showing promising streaming power organically. 

Take You High, Catch My Breath, People Like Us, and several other songs would like a word. :keir:

FKOH sounds like a filler from the Ugly Dolls Soundtrack. 

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Take You High, Catch My Breath, People Like Us, and several other songs would like a word. :keir:

FKOH sounds like a filler from the Ugly Dolls Soundtrack. 

CMB is the only quality song you named and I'm sorry, but that ain't electro dance pop. PLU is a generic and cringey attempt to recreate stronger. And I don't even know what to classify TYH as, other than embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Heartbeat Song said:

I was gonna ask what’s wrong with your taste and then I saw ur username :rip:

• Like 1

Y’all shitting on other people’s fave Kelly songs is so dumb. 

OT: The album was a huge surprise for me! Some really fantastic moments for her.

3 hours ago, Heartbeat Song said:

CMB is the only quality song you named and I'm sorry, but that ain't electro dance pop. PLU is a generic and cringey attempt to recreate stronger. And I don't even know what to classify TYH as, other than embarrassing. 

You can't be serious praising fkoh and calling TYH embarrassing when it has better production, lyrics and vocals :deadbanana2: 

Unfortunately, this album is not it.

high road is that *****. The rest.. CONTROL, ALT, DELETE.

:nicole:

10 hours ago, Twilish said:

Any catch my breath pop moments besides FKOH :ninja:

I would say “Magic” gives very similar vibes, especially the bridge melody and production. Gorgeous, breezy song.

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, good_enough888 said:

Would anyone be kind enough to dm me a link to the albun download / where to get the songs from chemistry? I’ve preordered 3 of the vinyl variants (Spotify, Urban Outfitters, And Webstore), she’s getting my coins, I just cannot wait to hear this album. 

sending now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I say this as a big fan of hers who’s seen her twice and checked for all her albums whenever she drops music / starts a rollout but this is sadly mid :( a 7 at best. Totally get that this was more of a non traditional and therapeutic release for her but damn. FKOH is probably the most “single” song on the album but doesn’t sound at all like the rest. I do love the more rock tinged ones though and down to you although it sounds like her last album. MOL was way better

I just listened to the album! Here are my imoressions on the 1st listen! 

If you don't want spoilers, don't read! 

Skip This Part: What a majestic producrion. The change of tempo right before the end caught me off guard. I really loved the distorted effect on her voice. I really like it and it will be a grower for sure. 8/10

Mine: It took me a minute to start loving it after it was releaaed but I really do love it. It's a future classic. 8.5/10

High Road: Her voice is powerful. I like the 80s inspired instrumental. I felt like by the end of it, I couldn't remember how it sounded like. Needs to grow on me. 6.5/10

Me: What a force her voice is!! Out of all the promotional singles she released, this is my least favorite, even though I still like it! 7/10

Down To You: Didn't really care for it. It was ok. Nothing outstanding here. 6/10

Chemistry: Beautiful track! It made me want to relisten once it finished. Wish it was longer! 7.5/10

Favorite Kind Of High: Probably song from the previously released tracks! Yes the production is a bit dated, but I just can't resist to this song. Her voice is amazing! The last chorus is so addictive and I always rewind to it. 9/10

Magic:  Great song! I loved it! The verses are so catchy! And her voice is again amazing!

Lighthouse: This is the song I was most waiting to hear. It started a bit ok and then kept getting better. A bit disappointed because I expected it to be more heartbreaking! Still good though! 7/10

Rock Hudson: It started and I thought it was meh but then it won me as it went in. I really like it! I see potential of it being one of my most streamed ones in the end. 8/10

My Mistake: I felt like it was a faceless track. It was ok, nothing significant but her great voice. 6/10

Red Flag Collector: It has grown on me a lot. Love it! Especially the last chorus! 8.5/10

I Hate Love: I just love this song. It's so catchy, so playful! I love everything about it! 9/10

That's Right: I loved it! It made me happy with how happy and funky it is! 8.5/5

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.