• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RealityBites

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• Heartbeat Song

• JoeAg

I just randomly had a dream that this was her greatest album to date and every song had a wikipedia page which said the genres and there were like “rock n roll,” “jazz-pop,” “synthpop,” “alternative rock,” “doo-***,” “R&B,” and even more… and then there were more Aben Eubanks writing credits than what we already know we have, and then randomly a bonus track entitled “Glitch” :rip:

idk, i still think there’ll be slayage here and i think it’ll be a pleasantly cohesive surprise somehow. “Mine” is a classic and it’s currently stuck in my underslept head 

Why has no one posted in 7 hours :rip:

The album leaked y’all…. And its a ******* roller coaster 

42 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

Why has no one posted in 7 hours :rip:

The album leaked y’all…. And its a ******* roller coaster 

It hasn't leaked?

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, RunBoyRun said:

It hasn't leaked?

You're right. It has not leaked.

kellyclarkson-wink.gif

10 minutes ago, Bloo said:

You're right. It has not leaked.

kellyclarkson-wink.gif

Wait, it has? I'm so confused.

Where can I listen to this masterpiece?

4 minutes ago, RunBoyRun said:

Wait, it has? I'm so confused.

It has.

5 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

It has.

A couple people getting the album early isn't a leak.... It's a leak when anyone can find it if they want to.

12 minutes ago, RunBoyRun said:

A couple people getting the album early isn't a leak.... It's a leak when anyone can find it if they want to.

It has leaked and it's out there. :rip: If you want to, you can find it. It's not in HQ but def listenable quality

But it is strange/interesting that the album is spreading so slowly. It's not on many sites. Maybe there is not a lot of interest in the album, her target group doesn't know how to find it OR doesn't know it's out. Usually the albums of pop girls are everywhere in a few minutes  

Edited by Schami66

The serve she gave us!! I just really hope they push down to you after release. 

Spoiler

Tiers for me:

Champions League:

down to you

lighthouse

skip this part

rock Hudson 

top:

high road

mine

magic

solid-good

red flag collector

I hate love

my mistake

fine:

chemistry (I’ve only listened once and this was a lot of top 3 placements for people)

me

fkoh (enjoyed the buzz release but my word does it feel the weakest on album)

that’s right - jury still out as it’s so weird. No idea what was going on in their mind for adding it to the album loool

I know I've said this before but wow did they did not do a good job choosing the singles AT ALL. mine + me are SO misleading, which I guess is good in a way. Highlights on first listen: high road, down to you & rock hudson. Least favorites were chemistry & lighthouse. I think she could def snag a grammy nom.

fkoh & that's right don't fit on the album tbh. But neither are bad, just mid.

Edited by perfectillusion204

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

I know I've said this before but wow did they did not do a good job choosing the singles AT ALL. mine + me are SO misleading, which I guess is good in a way. Highlights on first listen: high road, down to you & rock hudson. Least favorites were chemistry & lighthouse. I think she could def snag a grammy nom

Umm, excuse me?

xMjhrMP.gif

My ratings based on a second listen

Fy3ABz9WAAE6s2F?format=jpg&name=large

15 hours ago, RunBoyRun said:

It hasn't leaked?

15 hours ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Where can I listen to this masterpiece?

It did though, the entire thing is out there. I am starting my first listen now and the opening track is sadly not it

mariah.gif

OK, track 3 is a big step in the right direction

m7DN6as.gif

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

It has.

Any pop rock songs and big ballads?

High Road :heart2: and Down To You :heart2: 

Magic :heart2:

Edited by mrmarrero
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Any pop rock songs and big ballads?

Not pop rock exactly; but there are rock elements in some songs. Lighthouse is a big ballad and skip this part is a DIVA power ballad with a spin of florence n the machine. 

Ok, so like…is it just me, or is anyone confused by Rock Hudson? Like why is she comparing Brandon to a secretly gay actor from the 50s/60s that died of AIDS?☠️

other than that, this album is 10/10 for me. This has some of the absolute best work of her career, and I’m so proud of her for creating an album this spectacular 20 years into her career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinKDC said:

Not pop rock exactly; but there are rock elements in some songs. Lighthouse is a big ballad and skip this part is a DIVA power ballad with a spin of florence n the machine. 

Let me check it out now. I really hope, I'll like this more than MOF.

can't find anything, sad

can someone post the lyrics or is this not allowed?

• ATRL Moderator
38 minutes ago, RihannaStan4LIFE said:

Ok, so like…is it just me, or is anyone confused by Rock Hudson? Like why is she comparing Brandon to a secretly gay actor from the 50s/60s that died of AIDS?☠️

Well, I don’t think reducing Rock Hudson to his sexuality and tragic death is going to help you unpack it. I think it’s because Rock Hudson played the “dreamy” guy in films that was too good to be true. So calling him her “Rock Hudson” is saying he was too good to be true and confirming that with, “it was real but it wasn’t”. 

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

Well, I don’t think reducing Rock Hudson to his sexuality and tragic death is going to help you unpack it. I think it’s because Rock Hudson played the “dreamy” guy in films that was too good to be true. So calling him her “Rock Hudson” is saying he was too good to be true and confirming that with, “it was real but it wasn’t”. 

And he was also texan. 

I need to give it another listen, but high road and lighthouse are standouts for me. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.