The Exorcist: Deceiver | Mike Flanagan to replace David Gordon Green

genetic fail

Not surprising, DDG is just not good with horror. Better let him go before it gets worse. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChapelHooker

• genetic fail

• Sweetestsecret

• V$.

Spoiler

there are TWO major abortion plot lines, the opening takes place during the Haiti earthquake AND Chris gets her eyes stabbed out and is in it for like 10 minutes LMFAO what a huge fail...

Not Emma liking it :deadbanana2:

:deadbanana2:

the way I was intrigued but should just watch the original and forget about any sequels 

Scream franchise still the most critically acclaimed horror franchise :bounce:

26% ? Yikes. These demon possession films are stale as fukk :skull: 

5 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Not Emma liking it :deadbanana2:

the check cleared 

It really was that bad and generic , skip this one 

oh no i really wanted this to be good 

i'm not even gonna watch it tbh

19 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

so apparently this has anti-abortion undertones... DGG you are TOAST

Oh. I wish I could say I’m surprised but :thing:

And I was debating what I should watch this weekend this or Saw. Saw it is. And I guess I’ll be tinyzonetv-ing this eventually.

thing is, they try too much to remake the exorcism scenes, when they should have tried to get the psychological movie first...

that is why exorcist 1 and 3 are great movies.

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing this in IMAX, incredibly boring. 

Just got back too. This was pretty unmemorable. Lacking any sort of build or dread, over reliance on CGI, bad demon voice, rushed film and a subpar final act. There are some good ideas and a bones of a good story but it feels like a generic possession film with the IP branding, forced legacy character return and done in such an unoriginal, cliched manner.

Spoiler

The beginning is not bad at all. I enjoyed this part of the film with the Haiti earthquake. The development of the families is pretty rushed, the other girl Katherine gets little no to development. Once the girls come back, the films never allows itself to breathe. It's automatic "they must be possessed!!" And then the final act is nothing but bad voice dubbing, no stand out scenes and an non-eventful finale.

Chris MacNeil being forced in, borrowed the estranged daughter/mom relationship from the series. She makes a line about not being allowed in the exorcism in the first film due to the patriarchy. Girl. :coffee2:Then doing the dumb thing of going into a house with Katherine while her whole family is there, trying to do an exorcism herself and going up to the girl, just to get her eyes stabbed out. :ducky:

Ann Dowd carried but too Aunt Lydia at times with her lines about God. Kept taking out. Angela and her father were the better developed of the bunch. I agree the whole anti abortion vibe this film had was off putting and while it's part of a character's, I couldn't help but give it the side eye. The exorcism is super tame, any good scene or bit you had seen in the trailer is pretty much all there. The demon never identifies itself, the girls mostly just shake, spasm and levitate and spit:rip: Then it's over. Won't say everything since I want to leave some suspense for the film (though it has none)

There's a cameo towards the end of the film. Stay for that as the saving grace at least. The film overall had good ideas but it's bogged down by a director that didn't understand the assignment, bad script and contributed nothing but rehashed scenes done better in the original film. How is it a film in 1973 blows this film out with a story, visuals, direction and performances than in 2023. Anyways, rant over.

Nah this **** was awful :skull: weak ass possession. it's like they tried to be tame? for a damn exorcism movie :rip:

Were there a lot of jump scares in this? I might watch to help DGG put food on his table, since st tells me he’s gonna need help with that soon 

I can’t handle excessive jump scares tho

Anyone who’s seen it; what’s the one very good jump scare that was the only positive thing the early test screenings had to say about this?

I'm glad you guys are sharing your opinions. With the negative reception here (at least from the comments I have seen) and the drastically low Rotten Tomatoes score, I'll wait until this movie comes out on a streaming platform. 

Going to the movies has gotten expensive. No matter if it's a matinee, over here, a ticket at an AMC is $10-15. If you go at night, it could be $15-20. If you see a movie in Dolby Atmos, you can add a $5 surcharge to each ticket. I truly don't want to spend anywhere from $20-35 (since I usually go with my partner) on a movie that will most likely be a waste of my time. 

On a side note, I fell asleep during the third act of Saw X, so, I might just go see that after work because I did really like the first two acts lol 

9 hours ago, genetic fail said:

:deadbanana4:

Well he died two months ago, he knew what was coming.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.