STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Most of Beyoncé’s peers failed at matching her success, why?

Solaria

The insecurities in here :rip: Unless your fav is Taylor Swift, she’s more successful (overall) than any of the artists y’all Stan for on here 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonver

• bijonse

• QueenBeyoncé

• Bobyonce

Beyonce was always more well rounded, talented and ambitious. She eclipsed Britney the moment she went solo, Xtina mismanaged her career beyond repair, J-LO actually is the most relevant today after Beyonce, P!nk showed longevity but little impact, Alicia had talent but feels forgotten, Kelly also had longevity but her music is too bland, and Avril was an artist of a certain era.

She's releasing the best material of her "peers" :michael:

Pink fell off, Avril has been releasing the same juvenile noise for a while, Xtina has been inconsistent, no need to bother commenting on Jlo and Britney.

9 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

The lies they have been telling lately is very weird tbh :toofunny3: I see it ALL THE TIME... Flat out lying and then getting mad when we clock them with receipts.

They’ve been making **** up about what the hive claimed about her too, very weird and obsessed behavior. They should just stan :celestial5:

1 hour ago, Aristide said:

The reason is because she's basically the only black female R&B artist so of course she's going to be successful because she fills that slot in the industry. Rihanna does too of course but she's more of a pop star instead of a hip-hop artist.

If anything, that makes Bey’s career even more impressive. :rip: Mind you her contemporaries were Alicia Keys, Aaliyah at one point, Ashanti, Usher, Ciara, etc. while also competing with the bubblegum pop Max Martin era, then the EDM craze in the 2010s. She transcended R&B and made it to a global superstar status competing with white pop girls. She’s only 1 of 2 black modern MPGs, I don’t know how you see that as easy or a guarantee that success would come her way when she could have easily gone a different route after 4.

Anyways, talent, drive, and being a visionary. :clap3: 

4 hours ago, vale9001 said:

not for me... maybe she is even better. Beyoncè is a great singer and it's interesting how she's so much a good singer and also a spectacular dancer and performer..but vocal skills as pure singer are a little bit overrated. Alicia is a pure singer.

Alicia is not a better singer than Beyoncé :skull:

40 minutes ago, Dante said:

she's the most basic example of beauty privilege

Cute way of telling us your fave is ugly :gaygacat5:

Edited by bijonse

Not Beyoncés success being beauty privilege now :ahh: Most pop girls are beautiful but i didn’t know the ones that stan for the uglier girls were bitter like that

21 minutes ago, bijonse said:

Cute way of telling us your fave is ugly :gaygacat5:

:deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Yes please, bc Shakira can’t match Beyoncé’s record sales, units or tour gross. It’s very offensive 

5 hours ago, BeyColombia said:

Reggaeton acts dominate Spotify.. are they bigger than Beyoncé? just because Latin America eat that streaming app?

Beyonce is about to play over 80 Stadiums around the world... she is the one that should't be compared to a very local latin act 

The way you two losers are literally obsessed with her :bibliahh:

Shakira continues to thrive and compete with the new girlies why you two cry.

3 hours ago, Shelter said:

Shouldn't an album that was released 6 years ago have more streams than one released 8 months ago? :deadbanana: you really thought you did something there. 

And in fact that album has more streams than Renaissance. But Shakira has released only ONE album during the Spotify era and she has still achieved to get four 1 billion+ streamed albums, one of them being a 90s Spanish record with no features.

Spotify is literally the last thing y'all dumbasses can use against Shakira, the one who broke all of Bad Bunny's streaming records and is the THIRD most streamed artist in the world.

Edited by Riot

4 minutes ago, Riot said:

And in fact that album has more streams than Renaissance. But Shakira has released only ONE album during the Spotify era and she has still achieved to get four 1 billion+ streamed albums, one of them being a 90s Spanish record with no features.

Spotify is literally the last thing y'all dumbasses can use against Shakira, the one who broke all of Bad Bunny's streaming records and is the THIRD most streamed artist in the world.

What's so hard to get? I said she only has 1 album with more streams than REN. 8 months vs 6 years. 

I'm surprised Laundry Service isn't over 1 billion yet though. 

To the people calling others ugly in here, let’s see your beautiful faces first. :heart2:

OT: Beyoncé is already a legend and other artists are following their own lanes.

58 minutes ago, Shelter said:

What's so hard to get? I said she only has 1 album with more streams than REN. 8 months vs 6 years. 

I'm surprised Laundry Service isn't over 1 billion yet though. 

And I'm saying that it's useless making this comparison since Shakira has only released that one album during the streaming era (while Beyoncé has released four) and she still has healthy streams on her older albums too.

She works hard and has consistently been releasing masterpieces for almost a decade now. Her dedication to quality and her work is unmatched. It’s that simple.

Renaissance showed a natural and impressive reinvention of her brand and career without compromising quality. She’s always ahead of the curve because she carves her own lane.

1 hour ago, Riot said:

The way you two losers are literally obsessed with her :bibliahh:

Shakira continues to thrive and compete with the new girlies why you two cry.

who is obsessed with that woman? yell want to make her look bigger than Bey and i will check that every single time

No one is obsessed with Miss Colombia my sister 

Some of the users on here are truly hurt that Beyoncé stood the test of time and their faves didn’t. Damn. :deadbanana4:

6 hours ago, Starshine said:

You just described Beyoncé: class, interpretative skill, deep.

The screaming part is ironic because one’s a meme for actually screaming. :rip: 

WTF is this :ahh:

OT: Britney stans still crying about their fave being totally eclipsed after Beyoncé solo career launch :lmao:

33 minutes ago, BeyColombia said:

who is obsessed with that woman? yell want to make her look bigger than Bey and i will check that every single time

No one is obsessed with Miss Colombia my sister 

It’s quite embarrassing and idiotic for you to speak like this considering you are (judging by your name), very versed in the movement that Shakira has been. Every single Colombian is aware of this, whether you are a fan or not (& you’re entitled to not be one). In Colombia, and many places outside of LatAm, Shakira is idolized in a way that Beyoncé would only dream of, and you know this. 

I am very much a Beyoncé fan and have followed her since childhood (including spending thousands on concert tickets). I feel very strongly about her work ethic; it is unmatched by anyone in the industry, including Shakira. However, little “miss Colombia’s” musical talent is unmatched…. Yes, superior to Beyoncé’s. 

Stop making a fool out of yourself, or at least change your name so it isn’t so obvious. Beyoncé IS NOT bigger in Colombia, lol. 

21 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

It’s quite embarrassing and idiotic for you to speak like this considering you are (judging by your name), very versed in the movement that Shakira has been. Every single Colombian is aware of this, whether you are a fan or not (& you’re entitled to not be one). In Colombia, and many places outside of LatAm, Shakira is idolized in a way that Beyoncé would only dream of, and you know this. 

I am very much a Beyoncé fan and have followed her since childhood (including spending thousands on concert tickets). I feel very strongly about her work ethic; it is unmatched by anyone in the industry, including Shakira. However, little “miss Colombia’s” musical talent is unmatched…. Yes, superior to Beyoncé’s. 

Stop making a fool out of yourself, or at least change your name so it isn’t so obvious. Beyoncé IS NOT bigger in Colombia, lol. 

The same can be said for Beyoncé in North America and Europe where Beyoncé completely bodies Shakira in every possible stat. She’s absolutely idolized in a way Shakira never has been. Not that it really matters but you made such a FALSE statement. Just calling that out.

And musically Shakira is not superior to Beyoncé who has literally just released 3 back to back widely acclaimed bodies of work. Something that Shakira has never done. 

I absolutely love Shakira and have seen in her in concert as well. But Shakira fans need to know their place. She’s plenty successful in her own lane. But there is not a universe where she is bigger than Beyoncé. And if you think she is then provide something objective and not just a “feeling”.:rip:

Edited by suneclipse121

Lol at people saying Beyonce is bigger than Shakira. Wake up. 

37 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

She’s absolutely idolized in a way Shakira never has been.

And musically Shakira is not superior to Beyoncé who has literally just released 3 back to back widely acclaimed bodies of work. Something that Shakira has never done. 

I absolutely love Shakira and have seen in her in concert as well. But Shakira fans need to know their place. She’s plenty successful in her own lane. But there is not a universe where she is bigger than Beyoncé. And if you think she is then provide something objective and not just a “feeling”.:rip:

I can’t really argue any of these points with people who are absolutely clueless of Shakira’s impact because they weren’t there to witness it firsthand. Shakira in her prime was a cult, but anglophones cannot possibly understand this because it takes language, politics, history, etc to grab a hold of this concept. 

Shakira has released countless critically acclaimed bodies of work, what even is your point here. As a matter of fact, please don’t even go there because we both know Shakira doesn’t depend on writing camps, unlike Beyoncé. 

Shakira is sitting pretty at #3 on the most listened to artists on Spotify, while Beyoncé is #34….. Shakira’s doing it in Spanish without releasing a “critically acclaimed album”…. Beyoncé recently released an album, in English. Again, does this even matter? 

The nail on this coffin is that Beyoncé sought out a collaboration with Shakira for a reason. She has, on multiple occasions, expressed how Shakira inspires her etc… so don’t go trying to put me “in my place” when Beyoncé herself stans Shakira lol. 

Yes Beyoncé is a PERFORMER, I’d go to her shows over and over and over, but this is the only thing she is selling. 

Edited by Jmo21
Finished a sentence

6 hours ago, Xder said:

Hive or something here they are pathetic, they insult female artists one by one, now they hook Alicia Keys. leave her alone and go stream Lemonade:katie:

:ahh:

I don't know why this genuinely made me laugh out loud. Acting like we're some terrorists :biblio:

I love Alicia but she truly did peak in 2010/2012 and since then the music and the vocals have been mid to decent at best. I love her she's still super talented but it's not at the level where Beyonce and Madonna until MDNA were still producing formidable albums with stronger concepts. I am genuinely not trying to slight Alicia but I can't think of any major female artist besides Madonna or Janet who actively produced hit singles, albums, tours, and such 22-26 years into their career. I simply can't think of any modern female singer (besides the aforementioned 3) who didn't experience a massive drop off in creative and commercial success around 15 year-17. I just think we need to be real at what Renaissance proves about Beyonce... She really is that girl and if Acts 2 and 3 all come out on the earlier end of this decade she will surpass Madonna!  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.