Why is Taylor Swift so massive?

Habibro

I never even remotely liked her, but you can’t deny this girl has something with words..

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• PoisonedIvy

• Aristide

• The Music Industry

1 minute ago, Bones said:

I never even remotely liked her, but you can’t deny this girl has something with words..

Only if she would use it to write something good instead of quick Instagram and TikTok captions. What the hell is "It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me"? It's very elementary.

ATRL struggles to understand why the average person don't want to listen to 2000's inspired hyperpop songs about being ****** in every hole, on their way to and from work:toofunny3: Must be because they are "basic":rip:

8 hours ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

Only if she would use it to write something good instead of quick Instagram and TikTok captions. What the hell is "It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me"? It's very elementary.

well shes writing an earworm not the literary nobel prize

2 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

well shes writing an earworm not the literary nobel prize

here for her being bob dylan's successor someday.

he was 75 at the time so i'll have to wait

On 3/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, Planet Mars said:

Are y'all gonna make a new "Taylor Swift is annoying and overrated" thread every day till the tour ends? 

i think maybe because her songwriting is pretty good and she's a smart business woman. she knows how to turn bad situations into gold mines (reputation era and the whole scooter mess), she's seen as relatable and I'd say she has the best marketing out of any female artist this century. she's great at deviating her sound without going too far out of the sound her fans expect from her which is why i find it odd when people say her discography is diverse. she seems so involved in her marketing and it's very effective even if some of the ways she sells albums is questionable (supposed 'limited' release vinyl and cd, incessant merch releases). i can see how some people find her to be insufferable though. 

Edited by thetea

On 3/22/2023 at 7:46 AM, Gaia said:

Katy Perry was in the same realm but she tried too hard to not be basic and it completely killed her image and appeal. Taylor excels at sitting and eating her food and it’s paid off

:rip:This is so true but funny at the same time. 

On 3/21/2023 at 6:03 AM, Death & Decay said:

She plays the game and plays it well. She's the smartest popstar ever.

Pretty sure Kesha has a higher IQ than Taylor. 

On 3/22/2023 at 9:05 PM, The_Bling said:

She's mediocre, aware of it and knows how to capitalize on it to all the mediocres who see themselves on her, which is a lot of people

:cm:

She is a basic white girl in a basic white world.  She writes catchy, easily digestible music.  Her fans relate to her and she has a wholesome image.

I know yall want someone to say its bc she is some creative genius but lets be real.

Aside from a ton of releases that we've got over the last few years that accumulated massive sales and streams, another factor is that she has a fandom to back her up and she's a smart businesswoman. :gaycat5:

On 3/21/2023 at 2:09 PM, Klein said:

Studies show that this is factually false. 

https://resources.audiense.com/blog/taylor-swift-red-album-success-what-you-can-learn 

this one was published around the time of the release of Red TV, and shows that her audience was 55% female and 45% male. 

I also can't find the link to the one that was very recently published and discussed on this forum that showed her audience was 52% female and 48% male. 

74ce2716962bc83d0c147c470d7f20ba.jpg

Edited by Aristide

On 3/21/2023 at 3:10 PM, WeFoundTrouble said:

I can find you dozens of anecdotal tweets, videos, and pictures that prove otherwise but I’ll start here: 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRvJ9DRN/

Listen to the way he talks about her. That is a common level of respect and admiration that straight men hold for her. I’m not saying straight men are her primary or even secondary target audience, but ever since folklore and evermore there’s been a lot more of them publicly vouching for their love of her music. If you really want me to sift through a lot more evidence I will, but something tells me you’re not really an open minded person looking to have a discussion that could potentially change your opinion. 

They just do this for attention. They know she's popular or smth and praising her will get them views.

1 minute ago, Aristide said:

Cool. A study will always have more value than a picture. Whatever fits your narrative though. Have fun bumping threads while you're bored. :coffee2: 

On 3/21/2023 at 2:26 PM, FolkLover1989 said:

Any survey you take , Taylor will always have the highest % of straight male listening to her

Don't know where this myth came from

Just because some mpg don't have straight male fanbase doesn't mean she is same

Um this "myth" came from all the numerous images of her with her fans?? Who appear to be about 95% (white) women?? What better way to determine who her fans are?

1 hour ago, Aristide said:

Literal studies: Taylor Swift has a diverse fanbase and appeals to a wide array of demographics

ATRL user Aristide: Facts dont matter here's a random selfie she took with fans from Nashville!1!1!!!1

Edited by The Music Industry

On 3/26/2023 at 1:49 AM, Qudron said:

ATRL struggles to understand why the average person don't want to listen to 2000's inspired hyperpop songs about being ****** in every hole, on their way to and from work:toofunny3: Must be because they are "basic":rip:

EXACTLY. The fact that ATRL genuinely believe overproduced sex/party songs are more "interesting" than Taylor's discography is very telling :toofunny3:

Edited by Enrique523

This is a mystery to me tbh, i understand her appeal, her merits etc but her musique is SO bland and forgettable imo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.