Why is Taylor Swift so massive?

Habibro

She’s the most diverse, clever, marketing genius, surprising mhard working female artist out there for 16 years plus. That why

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• PoisonedIvy

• Aristide

• The Music Industry

Because of her talent and the quality of her music.

I don't get it either. I mean, I've tried listening to her but she's really not my cup of tea. Although, I have to give her credit for being a good songwriter though.

She plays the game and plays it well. She's the smartest popstar ever.

Pff lots of reasons

it's not only a hateful shady remark or even a simple kiss-ass answer

She has been building her image and fanbase

country eras really helped her be a pure/album seller, pop helped her go out of the US, she even acquired a lot of young fans too

~

she Is very inoffensive, easy to digest music

at the same time, her lyrics are ones that u can connect with - she is rly good with that

~

then, it's the Strategy Genius

we all know this. No other modern pop girl comes close

+alongside, the PR machine (that a lot of big acts use anyways)

~

Her Drive

she Wants all this, she hasn't lost her fire like all these other hags gals have

~

It really isn't surprising to me tbh

it shouldn't be, if u look past stanwars,biases and know at least a bit of how the music industry is.

Relatability and an intense para social relationship with her fans that bleeds into the media and casual listeners. Say what you want about the Music Industry (Taylor’s Version) but everyone has at LEAST one favourite Taylor song. She’s that girl and has been since Love Story. End OF!

White, strategically smart and makes inoffensive music that is somehow pushed to the masses as the best thing since sliced bread by her massive fanbase and huge PR machine. 

Built herself a solid fanbase, easily digestible/inoffensive music + image, extremely driven to be successful, etc.

She’s the peak of what a white female popstar can do with the right support and business sense….well she’s pretty too. 

You also can’t deny she has an ear for hits as well. I don’t think she’s ever flopped when it counts because she pays attention  to trends. 

7 hours ago, Forevermore. said:

We have this discussion several times a month and each time some members like to boil it down to "she's white, pretty and inoffensive", and while that has undeniably been a factor in a part of her success (which is something all white musicians have benefited from).. not once has any of them been able to properly answered why, although America isn't in any shortage of pretty white blonde women, Taylor is currently the only one having this level of success. 

"She's white!" yes, and chances are so are your faves, and yet they're constantly fighting on the lower half of the Top 40.. if they even chart at all. So what now? Because clearly something isn't adding up :bam: It's also funny to me that some like to angle having music that appeal to the masses as being a bad thing, considering this site literally revolves around pop stars. Like y'all do know what pop means, right? :dies:

You know, you can dislike someone and still be objective about their qualities and achievements instead of constantly spitting shallow, insular, bad faith reasonings. You don't have to like someone to be fair. I can only hope that's a quality some of you will learn and pick up as you grow as a person. 

The arrogance and ignorance is absolutely astounding 

Yeah all my friendd who are made up of different races appreciate her for what she does. Most of my white friends definitely think she's inoffensive so..yeah..

Nn.

It all comes down to her music. It's just very relatable. Not only it makes us feel like we know what she's feeling, but it also makes us feel like she knows what we're feeling.

No other artist currently is capable of having this type of connection because they're too far removed from their fanbases' lives. We know nothing about those artists. We know nothing about their personal life. We know nothing about their relationships. We know nothing about their struggles. Imagine Rihanna or Katy Perry trying to come up with an album about her life. We would all be like "*****, I don't know your life. Why would I want to devote my time to this?". 

Regarding Taylor, she's an open book about everything that has ever happened to her. All of her struggles, her enemies, her insecurities, her friends. We know it all through her music. That's why people connect with her. She's giving her entire self to music. And all her struggles and insecurities are things we can all correspond to. 

Not only that but she has the drive to succeed. This is absolutely commendable. She has never ever let anyone try to undermine her. 

We have pop girls like Beyonce, for example, who despite making great music, it's just not the type of music you can relate to it on a personal level because of her God-like image. Like, sure, she did have Lemonade, which was a work of art. But at the same time, she's also singing about being the best, being #1, having millions of dollars, about her husband's big d*ck ego. Even when she's talking about life struggles, we don't really know if those are her struggles or just what the songwriter wanted to talk about. 

While Taylor can create perfectly relatable songs that are also hits, other artists either have a relatable song or a hit. Hardly ever the two combined. When they do, though, it's of course a smash hit. Take Break My Soul, for example. That's somewhat of a hit. But is that truly relatable to Beyoncé? I can relate to the song, but can I relate to Beyonce by listening to that? By the way, I'm not shading Beyoncé, or saying anything negative. I'm just saying that I can relate to her music, but I can't relate to her as a person. 

So back to the topic, it's not only about how good her music it. It's about how much I know whatever she's singing means to her and to me the same way. 

20 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

The arrogance and ignorance is absolutely astounding 

Feel free to elaborate.

white, blonde hair, blue eyes 

Just now, Click Clack said:

white, blonde hair, blue eyes 

are you trying to say any beautiful white person is as successful as she is? 

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

are you trying to say any beautiful white person is as successful as she is? 

play dumb if you like, but you’ll be playing alone 💕

her music is diverse, amazing songwriting and a cool enough relatable personality.

also, from an audience logic:

huge fanbase of girls instead of just 70% gay mans like a lot of others popgirls.

she has the gays and the girls.

people use to think that this is what happens with every pop girl, but it's actually not. 

no one appeals to girls the way t.swift does

that's probably cuz of her own catalog, it's very relatable for them.

and girls go to her concerts and stream the hell out her catalog, something that it's missed for other popgirls numbers. 

to prove my point, ask a gay who is his favorite popgirl, u will see COUNTLESS answers. from bjork to gaga to taylor to ariana to carly rae jepsen.

now ask a girl and u will see how 70% of them will answer t. swift. her catalog is relatable for them more than any other popgirl. 

(race has influence in this aspect too but i won't enter this aspect) 

Edited by Selegend

Talented & relatable while others hire 100 folks to write lyrics like:

We gon' **** up the night, black lights
Spaceships fly (spaceships fly)

GOL.

MadonnasBoyfriend
12 hours ago, Habibro said:

As a non swiftie, casual fan, I’m impressed of how Taylor has not only managed to stay relevant the last 16 years but be the greatest household name of pop. She’s going to make 770 million on her US leg alone. She still scores number ones, massive albums, Grammys etc. whether you like it or not she’s bigger than your fav. 

but my question is.. why? Yes she interacts with her canvass a lot her music isn’t particularly grand breaking or that interesting. What keeps her on top? 

She's not bigger than my fave hun.but the answer is cause she's pretty and blonde

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

39 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

play dumb if you like, but you’ll be playing alone 💕

can you elaborate then? I'd love to understand better what you mean. 

5 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

She's not bigger than my fave hun.but the answer is cause she's pretty and blonde

There’s lots of pretty blondes who never reach these heights, but also Madonna is a pretty blonde and no one demeans her success to just her appearance :rip: It’s because, just like Madonna, Taylor is a hustler. She’s got business mentality. 

MadonnasBoyfriend
Just now, WeFoundTrouble said:

There’s lots of pretty blondes who never reach these heights, but also Madonna is a pretty blonde and no one demeans her success to just her appearance :rip: It’s because, just like Madonna, Taylor is a hustler. She’s got business mentality. 

I don't like Madonna

Just now, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

I don't like Madonna

Sorry, was just basing that off your username Oop 

MadonnasBoyfriend
Just now, WeFoundTrouble said:

Sorry, was just basing that off your username Oop 

An embarrassing tattoo I can't cover or change :michael:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.