Based off name recognition alone, is Beyonce and Shakira on the same level globally?

MingYouToo

Based off name recognition alone, is Beyonce and Shakira on the same level globally?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Based off name recognition alone, is Beyonce and Shakira on the same level globally?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Jooj said:

No. Shakira is way more global than Beyoncé even before this new commercial peak of hers

the only pop girl thats on the same level as Shakira in that regard is Madonna

It’s just did not show in record sales, album units, tours gross or streams etc :lmao: 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ToraeGilt

• bijonse

• PrudenceHCharmed

• QueenBeyoncé

53 minutes ago, Raptus said:

:bibliahh:

Outside America most people always say how  overrated she is as an artist 

The amount of tiktoks, viral post, media and people I see dragging her calling her overrated or not knowing she's still making music every time she is in an awards show winning 893472487 times.:redface: 

OP: Shakira in Latinamerica for obvious reasons :bird: 

Shakira is more recognizable than Bey. Both big names tho. 

The global force Shakira should have sold at least 200 million records by now and be in the top 10 global tour forces near a billion.. but when reality kicks in ATRL myths don’t match :giraffe:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

21 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Atrl delusions never seem to surprise me lol. The only reason why Shakira is even trending right now is because of the cheating scandal with her ex… 

And why did it trend? Because people know who Shakira is and care about her. The logic in this forum sometimes :skull:

Growing up in South Asia, I knew of Shakira early on because hips don't lie was massive and copied into regional cinema with references to Shakira. She became even more famous after the football song but can't say the same for Beyonce even though I personally prefer Bey. I'm not sure how the rest of the world fares but Shakira is as big if not bigger than Beyonce in global mass recognition.

I just want to know what metrics are they using to compare the global dominance for each lady because Beyoncé is miles ahead in touring, sales, streaming, accolades and cultural relevance. Shakira maybe bigger in Latin countries but that’s where it ends. I’m sorry I don’t make the rules :coffee2:

When we’re having MPG discussions shakira is not even thought of so im confused as to why she’s even being compared to Beyoncé.. she just doesn’t match up. Stick to the jlo comparisons thank you. :gaycat5:

17 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

The global force Shakira should have sold at least 200 million records by now and be in the top 10 global tour forces near a billion.. but when reality kicks in ATRL myths don’t match :giraffe:

Well what she's sold was enough to make her the best-selling Latina of all time, a feat that will be remembered in history books no matter what ATRL user QueenBeyoncé says :giraffe:

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Beyoncè can tour stadiums in South america like Shakira, Shakira can't tour stadium in the Us or Europe. 

So it's not like the user is that crazy. 

Shakira has literally performed in stadiums in Turkey, Croatia, Romania, Greece, Spain, Ukraine, etc.... and this was many years ago when artists didn't massively benefit from touring. Shakira has also toured in more countries than Beyonce has. Its unfair to judge this until we see what Shakira's upcoming tour can do. 

Beyonce has always invested WAY more in tour production and she has made herself a legacy touring act. Her music projects moving forward can all flop and she will still succeed with touring. This is where her money is - she knows it and will capitalize on it. Her shows are incredible; I've been to multiple ones across the united states. 

More than ever, people are attending concerts, and attendance has increased so much that big names can pull off stadium shows like hot cakes. Shakiras shows have always been good, but unfortunately, she might've created herself a "one time is enough" type of situation unless you're a fan. She's kinda cheap with production, but whatever, it has worked for her and she can still pull it off; her last tour was very fun. 

Just now, ToraeGilt said:

When we’re having MPG discussions shakira is not even thought of so im confused as to why she’s even being compared to Beyoncé.. she just doesn’t match up. Stick to the jlo comparisons thank you. :gaycat5:

That's because ATRL is xenophobic as f*ck and Shakira is bigger than 90% of your faves. She's the only woman with multiple top 10 hits in 2023 so far, what does that make her?

I need atrl to answer the question.. what metric are we using to determine shakira as the bigger global force. Saying she is doesn’t make it true :mandown:

1 minute ago, Riot said:

That's because ATRL is xenophobic as f*ck and Shakira is bigger than 90% of your faves. She's the only woman with multiple top 10 hits in 2023 so far, what does that make her?

Even Rosalia and Camilla gets mentioned at times… Rihanna is also from Barbados. If Shakira is this global force you speak of then surely her name would come up

2 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Even Rosalia and Camilla gets mentioned at times… Rihanna is also from Barbados. If Shakira is this global force you speak of then surely her name would come up

Well I remember that ATRL also said that Eminem's and Beyoncé's Walk On Water was going to outshine Reputation, so maybe they lie sometimes 

Shakira is the most global pop girl.

To be fair though- never met anyone who didn't know of both

2 hours ago, Saintlor said:

Most big names are known by everybody

Even a name like Bella Hadid would be known by the majority of the world, even if she doesnt have a career as huge as Beyonce

This my sentiments too. Most people that know one of them, will know others too. Rarely will you meet someone who knows Shakira and will say she doesn't know beyoncé or who knows beyoncé and won't know Rihanna or Taylor Swift? They may not be a fan but they know them all. 

10 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

I need atrl to answer the question.. what metric are we using to determine shakira as the bigger global force. Saying she is doesn’t make it true :mandown:

Not seeing a direct response to this :dies:

Shakira is bigger than Beyoncé internationally there is no question about that.

They’re on a similar level for sure. Obviously Shakira lacks in the US but even then she has the same amount of Top 10s in the last 12 months :matty: And it’s no secret Beyonce lags globally in comparison as well.

Shakira is global, therefore, she's bigger! :redface:

Almost no one knows Beyoncé where I’m from. Shakira on the other hand, everyone does. So there’s that.

1 minute ago, commander said:

Almost no one knows Beyoncé where I’m from. Shakira on the other hand, everyone does. So there’s that.

No one talks bout Shakira where I’m from either so… 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.