Based off name recognition alone, is Beyonce and Shakira on the same level globally?

MingYouToo

Based off name recognition alone, is Beyonce and Shakira on the same level globally?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Based off name recognition alone, is Beyonce and Shakira on the same level globally?

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

I need atrl to answer the question.. what metric are we using to determine shakira as the bigger global force. Saying she is doesn’t make it true :mandown:

My grandmother's cousin's friend in Venezuela knows Shakira, so therefore Shakira is more global! :thing:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ToraeGilt

• bijonse

• PrudenceHCharmed

• QueenBeyoncĂ©

4 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Not seeing a direct response to this :dies:

The metric is literally in the thread title - recognition by name. And yes, Shakira is one of the most universally recognized artists by name and face, Hips Don't Lie and Waka Waka are known by the entire planet.

Just now, Starshine said:

My grandmother's cousin's friend in Venezuela knows Shakira, so therefore Shakira is more global! :thing:

l:deadbanana4:These ppl are so unserious.

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Shakira success is overrated as per usual by ATRL.

Jumping on tracks with some of the biggest latin artists atm (Karol G and that guy) + backstory of the cheating scandal. Sure, shes on a roll when it comes to singles, tho she'll never see Beys success in terms of touring or album sales these days. Still very successful 

Lmao why does atrl base success or global impact on touring box office scores of stadium tour. That is so corny IMO, Love Bey seen her live already and will go to one of the MetLife shows. 

but I can’t help but laugh when I hear someone say Shakira’s success is overrated on ATRL? Have you seen the posts all these queens always downplaying her lol they would call Becky G or Camila a legend before giving credit to true Latin Pioneers. Who doesn’t collaborate these days or jump on trends? Doesn’t bey do the same? Shakira just became biggest selling Latin artist in history finally beating her mentor Gloria and Julio Iglesias, 30+ years into her career. This wasn’t just handed to her or bought. :gaycat5:

1 minute ago, Moonturn said:

The metric is literally in the thread title - recognition by name. And yes, Shakira is one of the most universally recognized artists by name and face, Hips Don't Lie and Waka Waka are known by the entire planet.

Name recognition just doesn’t pop up out of thin air,  your name becomes popular based on things you have done and achieved throughout your career. I want to know what shakira has done bigger and better than Beyoncé for her name to be more global. Let’s not act dense. Answer the question. 

1 minute ago, GeeDuval said:

Lmao why does atrl base success or global impact on touring box office scores of stadium tour. That is so corny IMO, Love Bey seen her live already and will go to one of the MetLife shows. 

but I can’t help but laugh when I hear someone say Shakira’s success is overrated on ATRL? Have you seen the posts all these queens always downplaying her lol they would call Becky G or Camila a legend before giving credit to true Latin Pioneers. Who doesn’t collaborate these days or jump on trends? Doesn’t bey do the same? Shakira just became biggest selling Latin artist in history finally beating her mentor Gloria and Julio Iglesias, 30+ years into her career. This wasn’t just handed to her or bought. :gaycat5:

A few months ago, they would come for her US Stats, now that she scored two back to back Top 10s, suddenly the metric is the touring box. It is just very difficult to understand for some Americans that the world is not spinning exclusively around their country. 

The xenophobia is showing and the fact to see people in this thread so incredibly pressed is proof enough of Shakiras relevancy. 

4 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

Shakira is above everyone globally.

It just doesn’t translate when comes to albums, tour gross or record sales? Got it:giraffe:

6 minutes ago, Moonturn said:

Beyoncé’s name is literally referenced as greatness, by saying you are the best at what you do, or you are the stand out of the group. HER NAME. Shakira’s name does not hold such weight :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Name recognition just doesn’t pop up out of thin air,  your name becomes popular based on things you have done and achieved throughout your career. I want to know what shakira has done bigger and better than Beyoncé for her name to be more global. Let’s not act dense. Answer the question. 

You are changing the metric. You would need to do a survey around the globe asking people from different countries, ages, social classes etc. if they knew Shakira and Beyone and compare the results. As somebody said before, being known is not always linked to numbers. Lady Gaga is probably far more recognized by her name than Taylor Swift, depite Taylor Swift having much better stats. 

32 minutes ago, Riot said:

Well what she's sold was enough to make her the best-selling Latina of all time, a feat that will be remembered in history books no matter what ATRL user QueenBeyoncé says :giraffe:

So global to the Latin world? Got it :giraffe:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

2 minutes ago, Moonturn said:

You are changing the metric. You would need to do a survey around the globe asking people from different countries, ages, social classes etc. if they knew Shakira and Beyone and compare the results. As somebody said before, being known is not always linked to numbers. Lady Gaga is probably far more recognized by her name than Taylor Swift, depite Taylor Swift having much better stats. 

What did I change exactly? We can remove the numbers and my statement will still ring true. I’ve also mentioned cultural impact/relevance and accolades.. 

Edited by ToraeGilt

Beyonce is more successful overall and if anyone thinks otherwise, they’re insane :rip: the numbers literally prove that 

7 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Let’s put this in perspective

Beautiful liar was Beyoncé first number 1 song outside USA and till date the only one in most European countries, her only #1 in the vast majority of European countries (France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, etc).

shakira outsold in europe, latinamerica, asia, none of beyonce songs are bigger than waka waka or hips dont lie.

90% of beyonce sales come from the US.

I’ve said multiple times that Shakira may be bigger in Latin America but that’s it… If we’re talking, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, North America and the entire western world then it’s Beyoncé.

I mean because surely Shakira’s next global stadium (:gaycat2:) tour will outgross REN with ease I mean after all she’s the most global thing out correct? :giraffe:

And we can’t say Latin artist don’t gross a lot I mean look at Bad Bunny so I’m sure the global Shakira will match that :gaycat1:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

Just now, Moonturn said:

A few months ago, they would come for her US Stats, now that she scored two back to back Top 10s, suddenly the metric is the touring box. It is just very difficult to understand for some Americans that the world is not spinning exclusively around their country. 

The xenophobia is showing and the fact to see people in this thread so incredibly pressed is proof enough of Shakiras relevancy. 

Other metrics were literally posted in the thread. Google trends showed Bey being objectively bigger overall.

Their last album releases showed Bey outpeaking Shakira in nearly every country while Shakira was lagging and failing to reach top 20.

Tours are just another metric where Shakira cannot compete and it looks like Bey's EU leg alone is going to outgross Shakira's global tour. :rip: Are we just going to ignore the trolling spewed towards Bey in this thread? 

12 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

HDL is arguably a globally bigger song than any Beyoncé one

1 minute ago, Jonver said:

Beautiful liar was Beyoncé first number 1 song outside USA and till date the only one in most European countries, her only #1 in the vast majority of European countries (France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, etc).

shakira outsold in europe, latinamerica, asia, none of beyonce songs are bigger than waka waka or hips dont lie.

Your first statement alone is bold face lie so I’m not even going to entertain this :dies:

3 minutes ago, Cain said:

So are Waka Waka and Whenever Wherever.

OT: The hive are so bothered by Shakira once again.

Edited by Red Hot Moon

1 minute ago, Cain said:

Not when Halo exist… check the stats and come back to me

4 minutes ago, Jonver said:

What even are these lies?

30 minutes ago, Swirl900 said:

Shakira is the most global pop girl.

To be fair though- never met anyone who didn't know of both

Also this, like someone else posted at some point you reach a level where just virtually everyone knows your name and you can’t really distinguish between acts anymore

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.