FLO f/ Missy Elliott - "Fly Girl"

RideOrDie

12 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

I mean they said many many times Destiny’s Child are their biggest inspiration lol

& tbh gg today are going to have DC’s influence in some way or forum and will be compared to them.. like at one of time where all gg were compared to The Supremes. Destiny’s Child is todays standard for female groups..

Exactly. And although the what I saw visually in the teaser seemed very Lose My Breath coded there’s no issue in paying homage to an iconic concept. :michael:

And yes you can see the Destiny’s Child’s influence in them I don’t think that they’re serving cosplay group at all. They're carving their own lane imo.

Edited by Cotton

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• Adama

• Cotton

• theweekend

5 minutes ago, Cotton said:

Exactly. And although the what I saw visually in the teaser seemed very Lose My Breath coded there’s no issue in paying homage to an iconic concept. :michael:

Although you can see the Destiny’s Child’s influence in them I don’t think that they’re serving cosplay group at all. 

Right. When you idolize n someone has impacted your life/career is such a huge way you’re going to see the influence

and it just shows the huge mark (impact) DC has left on music/&culturally

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

they are heavily 90s/00s r&b inspired, but there's a particular flavor to the production. more chilled out and acoustic-esque. loving their discography so far, very very consistent.

I'm so ready to bop to 'fly girl' and doechii's 'what it is' back to back to back. :ducky:

I definitely see the DC influences in their music, style of singing and aesthetic but it’s not giving cosplay imo. This is coming from someone who’s the biggest Beyoncé/DC fan.

I think this is their most hyped release to date. They have done a great job so far in trying to build their base. I wasn’t even checking for them until they dropped that EP. They still have yet to top feature me. Let’s see if fly girl can take the crown. 

I need this song asap :WAP: FLO never misses tbh always serving 2000's R&B inspired excellence. Also love how Missy is always supporting girl groups :clap3: I hope this is their breakthrough hit

Even if this doesn't smash, I feel like they're doing a great job of building a fanbase and I'm sure this will, at the very least, keep their momentum going :clap3:

7 minutes ago, raven said:

Even if this doesn't smash, I feel like they're doing a great job of building a fanbase and I'm sure this will, at the very least, keep their momentum going :clap3:

Definitely. The Immature MV Drop + EP + Consistent Releases were everything :jonnycat: Some of the other girls should’ve took notes

6 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

the thumbnail is already slaying

24 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

this thumbnail :jonny5:

I will always LIVE for a Missy feature, the song is good; it's missing something to push them to the next level. But I enjoyed the mv 
:jonnycat:

A BAWP! A VISUAL! A BUDGET! :jonny5:I F*CKIN LOVED IT!

This video gives me 106 & Park, TRL Live, and Early 2000s, and I'm here for it! I hope this is a US/UK hit and gets great radio play for the spring + summer!

Don’t know how I feel about Missy’s verse, but this is great :jonnycat:

The BAWP :jonny5:

Their best song :jonny5:

Their best music video :jonny5:

Summertime found dead in a ditch :jonny5:

IF YOU A FLY GYAL! YOUR NAILS DONE! GET A PEDICURE! GET YA HAIR DID! :WAP:

imma need a glass of water cuz they snapped so hard :bam: :ghostface:

Edited by Polgg48

THIS IS EVERYTHING. Dare I say their best song omg they look stunning in the video, crying at how many people from it that I know their best video for sure. I'm obsessed this is going to take them to the next level for sure.

Edited by Cotton

This was a really good video and the song is strong too. The song goes on a bit long though I guess because of Missy’s verse and the outro chorus. It’s definitely more of the old style of music and not the tiktok ready style.

With that said, I just can’t get into FLO. Their aesthetic just feels unclear sometimes because they’re never fully channeling the 2000s (except carboard box) and they’re not doing the things the more modern girl groups do such as great choreography/dance moments, live productions, cgi, etc. (see Little Mix, BlackPink, NewJeans, even Fifth Harmony), so idk. 

I still think they’ll be successful if they keep pushing, nothing I said means they’ll flop. They have a nice lil Twitter fanbase building, it’ll need to crossover to tiktok/the rest of Gen Z though for them to fully take over (because girl group fanbases are always the youngest demographics first). 

Edited by Flare

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.