• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• Adama

• Cotton

• theweekend

17 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

These girls getting shoved down our throats and still not getting a hit :rip:

Can't believe Fly Girl didn't took off, every single one of my friends that I made listen to the song loved it :jonny5:

Edited by zeta
  • Like 2

Dr. Alexander

I wonder if they would see more success if they went a more adult contemporary route rather than the early-00s route.

Less Destiny’s Child, more early-mid 90s girl groups. More mature. 

On 6/13/2023 at 2:37 PM, Cbreezy said:

I don't know if it's management, though. Because the things you pointed out as good (e.g. big stages they're booking) seem to be more management orchestrated. 

The unavoidable issues here are things like playlisting, which is the record label's remit. 

That said, maybe more aggressive/experienced management to whip the label into shape is what's needed. 

Whatever the case, I'm actually quite concerned for them. As there is a really narrow window to be "hot" as a "new" artist. Before you know it, it'll be two years since Cardboard Box and we're not really much closer to an album. or even a hit single. 

I find myself bouncing between liking their organic ascend and ability to command a live audience and being worried that it's still not amounting to much commercially. 

IMO, they're at this weird intersection where it may simply be a case of all that's needed being "that" one hit that takes off on TikTok OR they're on the cusp of becoming the next 411 (aka the latest "what if" group in the UK).

I think that a lot of you forgot that they are a BLACK gg. Now tell me a female rnb black artist who rised quickly in these recent years? Outside Ice spice in the rap genre  (and she was a meme at first) girls like Sza, Summer, Chloe and Halle, Jhene, Kehlani, and Jazmine took YEARS to blew up. 

Even girls like Lizzo, Doja and Megan took years before taking off! 

On 6/24/2023 at 1:38 AM, lillavend3r said:

These girls getting shoved down our throats and still not getting a hit :rip:

imagine saying doing basic promotions is shoving down to our throat :deadbanana4:! Yall not making any sense 

1 hour ago, Adama said:

imagine saying doing basic promotions is shoving down to our throat :deadbanana4:! Yall not making any sense 

Seriously tho they’re really just here and there doing some gigs (which is a nice approach, could be better) but nowhere near “being shoved down out throats”. Guess they’re confusing them with the Ice girl 

It would be really nice if this took off, and it should have already, it has a nice mainstream appeal to get the Gen Z kids but honestly it seems to me that the majority of them aren’t really into nothing but “sad songs” in a way. So maybe a smart idea would be to direct the girls towards a more mid 20s to early 30 audience, which would def appreciate their sound more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.