Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

I used to see lots of barbz tweets about this. Seems like they really abandoned this since it's doing Coconuts numbers now :rip:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

5 hours ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

if promoted well, this can save the song

it's more likely a new song. why would she need 2 songwriters and Rami Yacoub for the remix?

2 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

it's more likely a new song. why would she need 2 songwriters and Rami Yacoub for the remix?

And record new vocals as well 

it doesn’t make sense 

8 hours ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

if promoted well, this can save the song

oh wow she's listening to the fans, david guetta should have been the producer in the first place

The extended sounds like the main version and should be on streaming.

Wow I can't believe the huge drop in streams and on iTunes its like #50! 

Maybe us fans are right and it's just not a good mix/song the final product. 

Maybe people are sick of that song being remixed and re-done so much. 

If a David Guetta or dance remix will not save it, nothing will!

8 minutes ago, Mke1979 said:

Wow I can't believe the huge drop in streams and on iTunes its like #50! 

Maybe us fans are right and it's just not a good mix/song the final product. 

Maybe people are sick of that song being remixed and re-done so much. 

If a David Guetta or dance remix will not save it, nothing will!

It honestly amazes me that labels don't think about things, like I could have marketed a 20000x better roll out for Kim for free than the label did.

For starters, I wouldn't have tease a song with a DANCE POP sample and have it be a trap pop song.

I would NOT do this presave nonsense. It would be an announcement with a snippet and maybe a week/two roll out of teasing and bam release.

Radio push, billboards, adds, playlisting etc.

I actually could picture Kim singing this, yet another sample of Better Off Alone. 

No one does or did it better than the OG - Alice Deejay. Many in the US only know Alice Deejay from Better Off Alone, but songs like Back In My Life and Will I Ever were just as good if not better! (showing age here lol) 

7 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

that's for a new song :rip: not Alone remix

Wait wasn’t the album completed ? 

or is it a stand alone single ?

On 4/27/2023 at 6:29 AM, Lady Claire said:

She was on studio with David Guetta just today :rip:

Maybe her I'm Good is on the way now

Peak desperation. She's just going to throw everything at the wall now, hoping that it sticks.    

7 hours ago, Witchpop said:

It honestly amazes me that labels don't think about things, like I could have marketed a 20000x better roll out for Kim for free than the label did.

For starters, I wouldn't have tease a song with a DANCE POP sample and have it be a trap pop song.

I would NOT do this presave nonsense. It would be an announcement with a snippet and maybe a week/two roll out of teasing and bam release.

Radio push, billboards, adds, playlisting etc.

Honestly I wish the gays could have input into managing most pop girls. They'd have such better strategies.

It just blows my mind that Kim is one of the most popular LGBT artists in the world and no one at her label's management seems to be able to grasp the direction they need to take to be successful with her.

The dramatics. I can’t stand you f- :shutup:

Anyway the extended and acapella versions are up on streaming now, so go stream them since y’all are oh so concerned with the songs performance and wanna be A&Rs. :cm: 

@Lady Claire @OmegaRidley @TrueBlood y’all should listen to Kim’s interview with Best Advice on spotify. it’s def her best interview yet, she goes into details about her limbo and the whole situation with Problématique. basically **** Republic and they’re the reason why her career is crap rn 

Spotify weekly charts (April 21 - 27, 2023)
• US #119 - 2,438,270 streams
• UK #131 - 525,001 streams
• Germany #161 - 504,817 streams
• Canada #154 - 294,174 streams

I played it once and it’s all I needed to hear :rip: I’ve heard the OG Alone too many times. This is like AI generated Kim vocals on top of it plus they slapped Nicki rap to make it more mainstream. It was kinda dead on arrival 

41 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

@Lady Claire @OmegaRidley @TrueBlood y’all should listen to Kim’s interview with Best Advice on spotify. it’s def her best interview yet, she goes into details about her limbo and the whole situation with Problématique. basically **** Republic and they’re the reason why her career is crap rn 

Ooh, this is interesting! Do you need Spotify Premium to watch the interview? Or has it been uploaded elsewhere? I have Apple Music :( 

5 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

Ooh, this is interesting! Do you need Spotify Premium to watch the interview? Or has it been uploaded elsewhere? I have Apple Music :( 

I think you need Spotify Premium. But I’ll give a short summary about the interesting parts 

- Basically what she wants us to know is that none of this was what she wanted to happen. She had no control over the album being shelved, she still hopes to release it one day

- Republic gave her a false promise: she signed with Problématique ready to go and wanted Steven Klein to shoot the cover. Then after the singles didn’t do well the label lost hope in the project 

- She has no idea who leaked the album, she doesn’t even have the versions of the songs that leaked 

- This forthcoming album is just her playing the label’s game in hopes that they’ll let her release what she wants in the future 

Not Kim thinking an extended version with one extra verse of that trap beat was what the people wanted :ahh: 

Kim's second verse came & left so quick in the extended, wasn't there a upbeat remix that was suppose to drop? 

7 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

I think you need Spotify Premium. But I’ll give a short summary about the interesting parts 

- Basically what she wants us to know is that none of this was what she wanted to happen. She had no control over the album being shelved, she still hopes to release it one day

- Republic gave her a false promise: she signed with Problématique ready to go and wanted Steven Klein to shoot the cover. Then after the singles didn’t do well the label lost hope in the project 

- She has no idea who leaked the album, she doesn’t even have the versions of the songs that leaked 

- This forthcoming album is just her playing the label’s game in hopes that they’ll let her release what she wants in the future 

Very, very interesting. I get the label shelving the album due to underwhelming sales, but being completely honest, what kind of numbers was her label thinking she was going to do? I love Era 1/Clarity/Problematique Kim, but we all know she was never going to be an MPG. 

10 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

Wait so the leaked Problématique songs are not even final ? 

and not them lying to our faces lmao, remember when they said they wouldn’t hinder her artistic vision ? 

2 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

Wait so the leaked Problématique songs are not even final ? 

and not them lying to our faces lmao, remember when they said they wouldn’t hinder her artistic vision ? 

I don’t know about them not being final, but they leaked with a bunch of dates on when they were mixed. She thinks it came from someone’s dropbox 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.