HDD: Morgan Wallen #1 492k, Kali Uchis #5 53k

Renan90

44 minutes ago, Juanny said:

I actually listened to his music for the first time ever, just out of curiosity, to see what the hype is about. It's actually very lovely-sounding and I can 100% see why lots of people in the target demographic are connecting to this material. So it's quite a shame this is all being achieved / being output by an exposed racist. Now that his career is taking off despite everything that still happened, I hope his apologies were genuine and that he remembers to do better the more famous he gets. 

For so many reasons I wish he never said the n-word. But the least he can do is to never say it again.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Squall

• Bears01

• simmnfierzig

that’s it? i thought he’s the “male Taylor Swift”?

2 hours ago, RobynYoBank said:

? Yes, they do. The album was #1 on Apple Music like two months before release. People on my socials were lined up posting about having the album on repeat all day Friday...

I mean....

Friday he had the top 15 on US Apple Music and now he has the top 22 on US Apple Music and song number 36 also went from 43 to 41.

Obviously there are a lot of his fans who want to stream it first day, but clearly also a lot who are more casual about it

15 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I mean....

Friday he had the top 15 on US Apple Music and now he has the top 22 on US Apple Music and song number 36 also went from 43 to 41.

Obviously there are a lot of his fans who want to stream it first day, but clearly also a lot who are more casual about it

Good point. And that's why I think HDD is underestimating.

18 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I mean....

So because his fans lined up Friday during the day but not at midnight we're going going to act like his fans aren't rushing to listen to it? Nonsense. His strength has obviously been repeated consumption, so it's not a surprise if it has more staying power at the top of streaming charts.

Edited by RobynYoBank

1 hour ago, Juanny said:

I actually listened to his music for the first time ever, just out of curiosity, to see what the hype is about. It's actually very lovely-sounding and I can 100% see why lots of people in the target demographic are connecting to this material. So it's quite a shame this is all being achieved / being output by an exposed racist. Now that his career is taking off despite everything that still happened, I hope his apologies were genuine and that he remembers to do better the more famous he gets. 

By far this is the most mature response in this thread. You said it best honestly. There is the benefit of the doubt that people can change and not make the same mistakes again. Like, we've all made mistakes and we've all said things we shouldn't have said. Not to the same degree as the N-word, but I know even on here we say things that upset others and really come off in a bad light. I mean, I know I said some bad or stupid things on my younger years on this site that I'd NEVER say now as a more matured person and I've been on this site since I was 14 (and again, not to the degree of the N-word but I said some dumb ignorant things as a teen). 

So we can only hope Morgan learned from this and will choose to grow instead of regress. Better to be a SZA than a Chris Brown.

I genuinely thought he’d crack 600k so this is interesting…

57 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

I see Miley coming close to the #1!!! But just missing it, I fear :gaycat6: but this is lowkey a flop. 36 songs to stream and you can’t even crack half a mil? Morgan Flopcist

No it's not :rip: 

1 minute ago, Squall said:

I swear this site will go into full meltdown more when this stabilizes at over 200k weekly, lol

5 minutes ago, Squall said:

I was joking.

flashdagoat

People in this thread (mostly Brando) bragging about their favorite pop stars getting frontloaded first week sales because physicals are easy to accumulate large numbers with when you have a huge fanbase...

1M people buying Midnights and not listening to a single song = 1M physicals sold = 1M sales for Billboard.

1M people streaming Morgan's new album the entire way through = just 36M streams in total = just 28,800 sales for Billboard 

:deadbanana4: just look at the disparity 

400k streaming units is enormous. 

2 hours ago, Juanny said:

:clap3: Great response

1 hour ago, anti-***** said:

For so many reasons I wish he never said the n-word. But the least he can do is to never say it again.

He genuinely has a great voice too. I just wish his public scandals were more Sam Hunt esque (infidelity, etc.) so that I could have less of a struggle with the moral quandary of listening to him or not.

The raciste doesnt deserve any streams! 

2 hours ago, RobynYoBank said:

So because his fans lined up Friday during the day but not at midnight we're going going to act like his fans aren't rushing to listen to it? Nonsense. His strength has obviously been repeated consumption, so it's not a surprise if it has more staying power at the top of streaming charts.

His fans clearly arent rushing to listen to it to the same degree as the pop girl fans

2 things can be right at the same time

These numbers are huge no matter how u put it hes smashing real hard. But on the other hand he should be doing way more tbh. 

Hes coming off the biggest album in BB history with 36 tracks tacked on so yeah the numbers are kinda lackluster if u look at it that way. 

Also why am I seeing 300k debut replies in here about Miley :rip:

Yall are bat **** crazy :rip:

She ain't even hitting 200k like be fr 

I highly doubt she'll pull a Olivia where the GP will still be interested in the drama in the album. 

45 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

2 things can be right at the same time

These numbers are huge no matter how u put it hes smashing real hard. But on the other hand he should be doing way more tbh. 

Hes coming off the biggest album in BB history with 36 tracks tacked on so yeah the numbers are kinda lackluster if u look at it that way. 

I think the estimation could go up to 500k during the week. He increased hard on Apple Music today compared to Friday. And the next US Spotify update will probably look crazy also.

2 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

He genuinely has a great voice too. I just wish his public scandals were more Sam Hunt esque (infidelity, etc.) so that I could have less of a struggle with the moral quandary of listening to him or not.

:bibliahh:

12 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

They're specifying RIAA units, so they're probably taking into account that double albums are certified differently (essentially, the pure sales are doubled).

Whether that's accurate or fair is entirely up for debate. The only other major studio albums released recently that would benefit from it are Taylor's rerecordings, so I've looked into the rules surrounding it and they're not really 100% clear.

NO. they are counting Hits' number of 7M +100K but only the album mix of "Heartless" counts towards certification (because the other version is not on the album) so 5-600K has to be deleted 

12 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

So extremely common that I didnt find that on google:coffee:

guess you aren't that much of a music fan :coffee:

That’s it? I was expecting 600k+ from his previous album’s performance. still huge but maybe the MAGAs are falling out of love with him already. 

At some point I see Wallen selling vinyl & even cassettes for this release, likely as a boost to keep it #1 when big releases challenge him. Dangerous will probably get a pure sales boost too. I will project 600-650k 1st week & 250-300 2nd week. But I don't know how well he'll do after that. 

5 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

That’s it? I was expecting 600k+ from his previous album’s performance. still huge but maybe the MAGAs are falling out of love with him already. 

Lol. I swear the "that's it" sounds like a joke at this point. I guess you guys just want him to fail. But he could get to 600k by the end of the week. It wouldn't be the first time HDD severely underestimates a big release.

Edited by anti-bitch

1 minute ago, anti-***** said:

Lol. I swear the "that's it" sounds like a joke at this point. I guess you guys just want him to fail. And he could get to 600k by the end of the week. It wouldn't be the first time HDD severely underestimates a big release.

Obviously I want him to fail? Nice look defending someone who uses hard racial slurs daily. :mazen: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.