Thoughts on male celebs crossdressing ONLY for shock value?

BrentB

Damn, you started off well enough but then this devolved into foolishness. You’ve disappointed me. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrentB

• The7thStranger

• RunUpDoneUp

• Headlock

3 hours ago, BrentB said:

Now if you don't really believe in conspiracy theories in general, then I CAN'T stress enough that your smart-ass comments aren't needed in this, please. This is for people in here who recognize Hollywood as having its intricate secret societies who do partake in rituals, whether for good or bad.

Oh so we cannot share our smart-ass comments but you can share your stupid-ass ideas? F*ck that. 

Toxic masculinity has led us to countless wars, irrational anger, crumbling relationships, and  rising violence. We actually need more men to be emasculated and in touch with their feminine sides for global stability and world peace. Get rid of the jeans and outdoor boots and slip on a pretty dress and glass heels instead. Its about time social norms, as well as hyper masculinity, is finally eradicated. Sure, we can keep some components of masculinity alive, but all of it? I think not. 

As an actual Black person, I'd like to see more of this movement where Black men cross dress and experiment with clothes, makeup, and hair. Limitless forms of self expression is on the rise and there's no going back. Society progresses forward and those who refuse to change their biogted ways are left behind in time.

More Black men sharing their love for femininity (which leads to other great things such as becoming gender-non-conforming or Trans) and less Black men locking themselves in their own prison which can lead to a frightening demise. 

The planet would basically be destroyed by now if these Harry Potter rituals actually existed

2 hours ago, BrentB said:

Then, per my warning in the OP, you should have "lost" yourself in another thread, my dear. If all you're going to do quote me with ":biblio:" and "conspiracy theorists are dumb," then it says a lot about your reading comprehension skills, or lack thereof.

It's like none of y'all can see the forest from the trees, can you? Y'all REALLY not all tapped in are you? You think that life is just your average 9-5, then go back home and browse Grindr for your next uneventful, banal, coke-infused, bareback 3 way (but OH, he's got a six pack !!! :eek:)?

Some of us, well at least I hope enough of us, have enough discernment to realize the underlying patterns in the industry. There's TOO much smoke for it to just be hearsay anymore or simply "homophobia." Also, plenty of male entertainers have spoken up about being forced against their will to dress feminine or be threatened with being blackballed. It's one thing to willingly feminine clothing, but another to have your career be on the line if you don't? That's unacceptable.

I mean can you really look at this picture and not feel a kind of way about it?

kid-cudi-cfda-awards-eli-russell-linnetz

Like, again, I'm completely for celeb men exploring their feminine side, but the rollout of this isn't sitting well with me. Plus, it's giving appropriation, especially from guys who ACTUALLY live and breathe crossdressing lifestyle. Ask yourself, WHY does it seem like almost EVERY A-list male celeb, ESPECIALLY black males, have worn a dress at one point in time? 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, getBusy said:

Oh so we cannot share our smart-ass comments but you can share your stupid-ass ideas? F*ck that. 

I mean if I had nothing to contribute to a conversation that I add no value to, I'd personally keep it pushing, bit that's just me :juanny:

Wow, you people are honestly so boring and unintuitive. Silly me for even starting this thread in a place devoid of any discernment.

Edited by BrentB

They should be rightfully cancelled. I find it hilarious how the #nohomo crowd pretends to “respect” them because they think that makes them look kewl and woke. 

its so weird to me how yall be thirsting after hyper masculine straight guys but be preaching about "ending toxic masculinity" at the same time :lmao:sounds like self-loathing/ inferiority complex tbh

14 hours ago, BrentB said:

kid-cudi-cfda-awards-eli-russell-linnetz

their faces :rip: poor things

This is an interesting discussion, OP.

I feel like a lot of straight male celebs now are dressing in outlandish or "non-conforming" ways as a way of pandering to Gen-Z. The alternative, experimental, "flower boy", "male vulnerability" etc wave is in now and a lot of younger people coming up now are locked into social media in which they would have an appreciation for this.

Harry Styles for example has successfully built a solo career off of queerbaiting and dressing in clothes that could be seen as feminine to some. Bad Bunny has factored in doing certain expressions which could be seen as feminine or "sus" or gay, even going as far as dressing up as a woman in a music video and is still successful.

The funny thing is when gay or bi male celebrities do these things, it's seen as disgusting or immoral (see the flack Lil Nas faced for his videos), but when a conventionally attractive straight male celebrity does it, it's suddenly seen as cute, adorable etc by many, especially females12597-b14b56c419367de033a912f8c9d24881.p.

As for why a lot of Black male celebs get put into dresses or whatever, I think has has to do with making them "palatable" and non-threatening towards the white demographic since they are not only the majority in Hollywood, but also more accepting of those kind of stuff. I also do think that certain industry rituals are a part of this too, but discussion on these points as a whole usually turn into homophobia which isn't okay.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:22 PM, St. Francis said:

The funny thing is when gay or bi male celebrities do these things, it's seen as disgusting or immoral (see the flack Lil Nas faced for his videos)

Let’s not introduce Lil Nas into this narrative. His antics are as disgusting and attention whoring as Harry Styles’. He literally only does flamboyant things because that gives him Gen Z clicks and streams. 

On 2/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, BrentB said:

Some of us, well at least I hope enough of us, have enough discernment to realize the underlying patterns in the industry. There's TOO much smoke for it to just be hearsay anymore or simply "homophobia."

CCULX9xUAAA4exK.jpg

ILLUMINATI NATION!!!

I literally have never cared about anything anybody has ever worn ever. Imagine getting mad about that. :deadbanana: Get a life.

7 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I literally have never cared about anything anybody has ever worn ever. Imagine getting mad about that. :deadbanana: Get a life.

If you read the OP, it says, for the MILLIONTH time,  that I'm FOR men experimenting with androngyny, so naturally there would be no anger there sweetie! And if anyone ever bothers to read the rest of the OP then there's the context right there in plain view for your acquisition. Like enough of these reactionary "GeT A liFe :juanny:1!!!" posts. 

Lol, that gif of the old lady  cringing while walking back through a door should really apply to some of y'all critical thinking skills. Whether you agree with conspiracy theories or not, my point should get across. It's really not that complicated. :ahh:

Edited by BrentB

1 hour ago, BrentB said:

If you read the OP, it says, for the MILLIONTH time,  that I'm FOR men experimenting with androngyny, so naturally there would be no anger there sweetie! And if anyone ever bothers to read the rest of the OP then there's the context right there in plain view for your acquisition. Like enough of these reactionary "GeT A liFe :juanny:1!!!" posts. 

Lol, that gif of the old lady  cringing while walking back through a door should really apply to some of y'all critical thinking skills. Whether you agree with conspiracy theories or not, my point should get across. It's really not that complicated. :ahh:

Ooh, you mad mad.

Quite literally, this post was not directed at you. But I guess that if a hurt dog howls...

On 2/27/2023 at 5:54 PM, Pheromosa said:

What in the lipstick alley is this :rip:

This!

Also I can't believe how terrible that site has become, like literal hate site for anti-men, terf bigots. What an embarrassment.

3 hours ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

This!

Also I can't believe how terrible that site has become, like literal hate site for anti-men, terf bigots. What an embarrassment.

Do ANY of y'all read the f**king OPs when you fix your crusty fingers to type some slick s*** on threads? I guess in walks another NON-intellectual :toofunny2::juanny:

1 hour ago, BrentB said:

Do ANY of y'all read the f**king OPs when you fix your crusty fingers to type some slick s*** on threads? I guess in walks another NON-intellectual :toofunny2::juanny:

Have you ever considered that maybe your writing skills are the problem? :juanny:

3 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Have you ever considered that maybe your writing skills are the problem? :juanny:

No, the context was very much in the original OP, but I guess the people quoting me didn't bother to read in between the lines. I rewrote the OP just so things are EVER so clear this time. Hope it helps!

2 minutes ago, BrentB said:

No, the context was very much in the original OP, but I guess the people quoting me didn't bother to read in between the lines. I rewrote the OP just so things are EVER so clear this time. Hope it helps!

And yet, when people do jump into that messy essay in the OP, you still attack them. You just have an attitude issue. And after reading through this highly revised version (:rip:), my original response can very much be directed at you: get a life.

Edited by The7thStranger

9 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

And yet, when people do jump into that messy essay in the OP, you still attack them. You just have an attitude issue. And after reading through this highly revised version (:rip:), my original response can very much be directed at you: get a life.

Yeah...no. You're not about to equate an OP essay as having no life. Basically what 90% of this site is comprised of essays. What are you trying to say about all of us? There are those Friday nights where you're not going out & getting wasted or whatever. Or your dick appointment is postponed due to a snowstorm. So that's what I'm on rn tbh. 

Oh and BTW, my life's actually been pretty lit. I appreciate your concern though. How's yours been? 

Edited by BrentB

Just now, BrentB said:

Yeah...no. You're not about to equate an OP essay as having no life. Basically what 90% of this site is comprised of essays. What are you trying to say about all of us? There are those Friday nights where you're not going out & getting wasted or whatever. Or your dick appointment is postponed due to a snowstorm. So that's what I'm on rn tbh.                                                                            Oh and BTW, my life's actually been pretty lit. I appreciate your concern though. How's yours been? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZLnvKUpfNrcEf9NM3KAb

Keep trying and maybe someday you'll develop an ability to convey your ideas and thoughts in well-constructed sentences and paragraphs that engage your audience. First, you should work on developing a thicker skin. :foxaylove2:

6 hours ago, BrentB said:

The fact that you are consistently framing yourself as an “intellectual” and all others who are rightfully calling your ~revised OP~ absolute nonsense to be “NON-intellectuals” :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.