Angela Bassett: "I guess Angela Bassett did the thing".

PlERRE

1 hour ago, toxicLambBot said:

I was talking about the acclaim she has been receiving this award season not this award in general 

I am talking about that too. 

Iconic. Now Ms. DeBose present the Oscar to her.

Heath Ledger also won for a comic book movie. What exactly is the problem? Not every movie has to be about classical music. 

funny, glad to see she's in on the joke (that performance will go down in history :skull:)

5 hours ago, Pleighboy said:

I still think it’s weird that she is getting all these awards for a superhero movie. It feels cheap for an actor of her caliber. She should be nominated for a meaty role, not for some token nomination from a token movie.  

i mean, yes BUT if you watched the movie, she totally deserves it.

1 hour ago, glacier76 said:

Heath Ledger also won for a comic book movie. 

Indeed. (And he and Joaquin were great in the roles, as was Angela).

Which begs the question, why is it now being brought up? Maybe some people should check on their prejudices prior to posting those comments. 

6 hours ago, Pleighboy said:

No, it’s tokenism. 

Well, just call it a career award like @WildAmericansaid. 

It’s not tokenism at all, y’all rush to call any win/nomination by a black actor tokenism and it’s ignorant as hell. 

No other black actress would be nominated for a Marvel movie, it’s a career award like Laura Dern, Julianne Moore, Al Pacino and tons of other white actors got. 

But she’s actually great in the film so it won’t be an undeserving win at all. 

5 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Well if yall gave laura dern a oscar for that HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE. than angela definitely deserves hers

I don’t think Laura’s performance was horrible, but it was such a nothing performance lol.

Angela does way more. 

Angela (and Danai) stole the entire movie so she definitely did do the thing! In fact, let me stream her iconic performance once more before BHM is over :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.