P!nk's TRUSTFALL outsold Beyoncé's Renaissance in the UK. Why?

Liafen

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

"Alternating tracks" by which you mean in the release week she had the single and the single they were pushing for the second single. No others, right? :coffee2: Again, playlisting can only do so much if the interest isn't there. P!NK released a cute album, but clearly people aren't really checking for her much anymore.

Wasn't SUMMER RENAISSANCE #1 on TTH?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Liafen

• Lovett

• bijonse

• Virtual_Insanity

3 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

The deflection and defensiveness is very unnecessary considering TRUSTFALL won't reach RENAISSANCE's overall numbers. :deadbanana2:

Honestly I just don't know why are they acting like this. If I were a Beyoncé stan, I'd take a pride in my fave's massive success and be unbothered about Pink outdoing my fave's opening week and look directly at Queen Bey's words... the reality is, sometimes you lose. That doesn't exclude Beyoncé - even if its for opening week only. :heart2:  

Just now, Underdogs said:

Wasn't SUMMER RENAISSANCE #1 on TTH?

Yes, the song they were pushing as the second single... Only BMS and SR were on TTH in the release week.

the US projections for next week 

Trustfall 28K (2nd week)

Renaissance 24K (31th week) 

Y'll really want to get this girl dragged 

Just now, Liafen said:

Honestly I just don't know why are they acting like this. If I were a Beyoncé stan, I'd take a pride in my fave's massive success and be unbothered about Pink outdoing my fave's opening week and look directly at Queen Bey's words... the reality is, sometimes you lose. That doesn't exclude Beyoncé - even if it’s for opening week only. :heart2:  

Sometimes you lose? Trust call won’t even be able to accomplish half of renaissance sales when it’s all said and done :dies:. Renaissance is still the bigger album. 

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

Yes, the song they were pushing as the second single... Only BMS and SR were on TTH in the release week.

So TTH gave a major push to SR, and when it was safely in the Top 50, they replaced it with Alien Superstar. I applaud the marketing :clap3: We wish P!nk got a fraction of that treatment. 

25 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

I’m more shocked that there are Pink fans trying to argue about anything. Like she’s successful in her own way but she’s is nowhere near Beyoncé and a 6,000 difference of first week sales in the UK doesn’t suddenly change that. 

Like is that all Pink has:deadbanana4: I don’t want to be petty but didn’t Beyoncé do like over 300k in the US with her last album and Pink do less than 80k with her recent album and that’s both of their main market. Are the Pink fans simply overlooking that…. 

What are you all trying to argue?? Beyoncé has always been bigger than Pink. That’s an objective fact. 

Pink's main market was never the US. She's also sold more solo albums in the UK (thanks whichever fan quoted me on that!) + also has a higher grossing worldwide tour as well with $397.5 million that happened before the massive, post-covid inflation of ticket prices! :heart:

So for the people who don't think promoting, releasing music videos, putting on performances, actually GOING TO the country in question, having mulitple pure sales formats and many combinations and bundles of each aren't the reason why one album outsold the other that had barely any of that, then what is the reason?

There is very little "why" being answered a a whole lot of "no that's not it" being offered in return.

3 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Sometimes you lose? Trust call won’t even be able to accomplish half of renaissance sales when it’s all said and done :dies:. Renaissance is still the bigger album. 

And? This thread is about opening week. :michael: Stay on topic, please 

4 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Honestly I just don't know why are they acting like this. If I were a Beyoncé stan, I'd take a pride in my fave's massive success and be unbothered about Pink outdoing my fave's opening week and look directly at Queen Bey's words... the reality is, sometimes you loseThat doesn't exclude Beyoncé - even if its for opening week only. :heart2:  

Beyonce put all Renaissance in the hot 100 on her debut week... the single from this album debut at 98 if i am not wrong.... this is a major flop for the acrobat nd cirque do soleil performer 

1 minute ago, Underdogs said:

So TTH gave a major push to SR, and when it was safely in the Top 50, they replaced it with Alien Superstar. I applaud the marketing :clap3: We wish P!nk got a fraction of that treatment. 

Yes, multiple weeks later they cancelled the single release and started pushing Alien Superstar instead. It clearly resonated well, considering the album has over 1.5B streams now. Not overly sure what playlisting weeks after release has to do with anything though. :toofunny3:

10 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

"Alternating tracks" by which you mean in the release week she had the single and the single they were pushing for the second single. No others, right? :coffee2: Again, playlisting can only do so much if the interest isn't there. P!NK released a cute album, but clearly people aren't really checking for her much anymore.

On release week Break my Soul, Church Girl and Cuff it were simultaneously on Hot Hits UK. 

Do you think people forget these details ? 

20% is 20% which in regards to the growth or fall of an album is not huge, especially when availability of physical copies is a major factor.

Edited by Otter

1 minute ago, Liafen said:

And? This thread is about opening week. :michael: Stay on topic, please 

There's a P!NK stan in here talking about songs featuring on TTH weeks/months after the album release. Don't forget to quote them too! :heart2:

2 minutes ago, BeyColombia said:

Beyonce put all Renaissance in the hot 100 on her debut week... the single from this album debut at 98 if i am not wrong.... this is a major flop for the acrobat nd cirque do soleil performer 

The "You Make Me Sick" chanteuse is OVER in the US, wbk

2 minutes ago, BeyColombia said:

The thread is about the UK. 

6 minutes ago, BeyColombia said:

So Rose Mcgowan GIF - So Rose Mcgowan Stan Twitter ...

This thread is about opening week sales in the land of Her Majesty The Queen's (RIP) United Kingdom. 

I know that the Hive isn't famous for its reading comprehension skills (nor for its... dexterity with numbers) but can I ask you to stay on topic, please? :heart2:

Edited by Liafen

2 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

On release week Break my Soul, Church Girl and Cuff it were simultaneously on Hot Hits UK. 

Top streaming tracks are heavily discounted. Performing & promoting on Graham Norton for an audience of 4m+ >>>>>

Edited by Otter

3 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Pink's main market was never the US. She's also sold more solo albums in the UK (thanks whichever fan quoted me on that!) + also has a higher grossing worldwide tour as well with $397.5 million that happened before the massive, post-covid inflation of ticket prices! :heart:

Beyoncé has overall outsold Pink in the UK but sure I’ll entertain the solo argument. And good for her for having a $350 million grossing tour. But not only has Beyoncé outgrossed Pink overall but she will also outgross Pink’s biggest tour with the Renaissance World Tour and she will do it with under 100 dates.:sistrens:

Just now, Virtual_Insanity said:

You've been getting clocked left, right and centre with straight up fabrications. You don't remember anything, you make things up and just tell people they're facts. :toofunny3: You're welcome to provide evidence of these 'details'. :)

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Yes, multiple weeks later they cancelled the single release and started pushing Alien Superstar instead. It clearly resonated well, considering the album has over 1.5B streams now. Not overly sure what playlisting weeks after release has to do with anything though. :toofunny3:

It has to do with what everyone has been saying in response to this thread; TRUSTFALL will freefall off the charts in the coming weeks. 

OCC: "The 2 album tracks with the most streams are neutralised to the level of the average of the next 10 most streamed tracks on the album."

Due to this rule, P!nk's two singles from the album will be downweighted on the album chart. Therefore, if she were to put different album tracks like Chruch Girl, Summer Renaissance, Alien Superstar etc. on major playlists, it would similarly help with her longevity. 

3 minutes ago, Liafen said:

So Rose Mcgowan GIF - So Rose Mcgowan Stan Twitter ...

This thread is about opening week sales in the land of Her Majesty The Queen's (RIP) United Kingdom. 

I know that the Hive isn't famous for their reading comprehension skills (nor for their... dexterity with numbers) but can I ask you to stay on topic, please? :heart2:

you think you are doing something... this is the most this album has been talked and we still have not hear a song

She should mention Beyoncé more so she can sell two more copies