P!nk's TRUSTFALL outsold Beyoncé's Renaissance in the UK. Why?

Liafen

Anyway to answer the question as clearly as possible:

Pink clearly outsold due to the huge disparity present in one metric only: pure sales.

If we look at the things each did to contribute to the accumulation of pure sales we see that...

Pink:

1. Promoted (music videos, interviews, performances)
  2. Promoted in the UK
  3. Had a range of 14 options for purchasing a pure sale including:
    1. 3 different LPs all available on release week
    2. 1 CD
    3. 1 Cassette
    4. Digital Copy
    5. And multiple packages in which to purchase the album (one of which offered 5 albums with one purchase), many of which offered the album bundle with a t-shirt, hoodie, poster, and a zine

Compare that to Beyoncé who:

• Promoted... on... Instagram?
  • Offered a limited amount of vinyls (standard and limited) that was not restocked/available again until after release week
  • Had a CD and a digital copy available
  • I cannot remember if she sold T-shirts with the CD as well, I think she did, but even those had a limited amount that were sold out well before release week

Edited by swissman

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Liafen

• Lovett

• bijonse

• Virtual_Insanity

I’m more shocked that there are Pink fans trying to argue about anything. Like she’s successful in her own way but she’s is nowhere near Beyoncé and a 6,000 difference of first week sales in the UK doesn’t suddenly change that. 

Like is that all Pink has:deadbanana4: I don’t want to be petty but didn’t Beyoncé do like over 300k in the US with her last album and Pink do less than 80k with her recent album and that’s both of their main market. Are the Pink fans simply overlooking that…. 

What are you all trying to argue?? Beyoncé has always been bigger than Pink. That’s an objective fact. 

Just now, Liafen said:

It's more than a 20% difference. I know 6,000 copies may not seem like a lot when we're accustomed to discussing US numbers that tend to be much larger, but in the context of 31k vs 37k, it is for sure not just 'barely passing.' Trustfall shifted an additional one fifth of Renaissance's opening week copies. 

Trustfall also seemingly shifted only 30% of Renaissance's streaming units and managed to scrape a meagre 6k more overall copies, due to the wider availability of physicals. Shame that it was all so concentrated in that first week though, as it's not looking great in the second. :dancehall: Hope that answers your question!

Also not the 'so many variants' drag. It literally came out on CD, vinyl, pink vinyl and casette + a zine. The latter three were exclusive to her shop and sold like a combined 1000 copies so that's not going to explain the 6k difference even if we speculate that those were surplus sales and fans also bought other editions all at once (which is a thing hardcore fans do, not the Gee Pee which is Pinks main and arguably only audience) :skull: 

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

Trustfall also seemingly shifted only 30% of Renaissance's streaming units and managed to scrape a meagre 6k more overall copies, due to the wider availability of physicals. Shame that it was all so concentrated in that first week though, as it's not looking great in the second. :dancehall: Hope that answers your question!

Not you suddenly shifting the argument when your claims are falsified by adding context. :skull:

I don't get why this has gotten to 11 pages.

Yes, it is quite impressive that P!nk outsold Beyonce's first week sales in the UK. No one was more shocked than me and I'm a P!nk stan. 

But I'm not delusional enough to think that in the long run Ren will be the more successful album. Beyonce is huge. Her prestige and status is insane. People have made a God out of her. Which makes me roll my eyes out. But it's true. 

P!nk is huge there as well. But Trustfall will not have equal longevity. Just because she doesn't have streaming on its side. I'm just glad that she gave us a great album with a big variety of genres.

7 minutes ago, Liafen said:

It's more than a 20% difference. I know 6,000 copies may not seem like a lot when we're accustomed to discussing US numbers that tend to be much larger, but in the context of 31k vs 37k, it is for sure not just 'barely passing.' Trustfall shifted an additional one fifth of Renaissance's opening week copies. 

They know it. All the deflecting to week 2 just shows that. 

Just now, MrLovett said:

OP literally creates a thread asking "why" and then gets upset when the question is answered. :deadbanana4:

I did not get mad, you had a ridiculous claim about a 20%+ difference being barely passing, I added context and you suddenly came up with other arguments unrelated to the claim that was proven wrong. :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Liafen said:

Not you suddenly shifting the argument when your claims are falsified by adding context. :skull:

Except 0 context was added. :skull: P!NK managed to sell a meagre 6k more copies, due the wider availability of physicals. That was said. You tried to stated 20% as if that magically made the number any more than 6k. :toofunny3:

Just now, Liafen said:

I did not get mad, you had a ridiculous claim about a 20%+ difference being barely passing, I added context and you suddenly came up with other arguments unrelated to the claim that was proven wrong. :deadbanana4:

Seems like the little rant about variants says otherwise. :heart2: Unfortunately, 6k is barely passing. Something that was only possible due to wider availability of physicals for P!NK. I hope that helps and answers your question!

17 minutes ago, bijonse said:

There is something implied. You’re being obtuse on purpose, especially because it’s already been broken down and explained what units accounted for what in the total

What's implied? I compared and asked question about Trustfall's and Renaissance's first week numbers yet a lot of members seem to argue about the weeks to come. Off-topic, sorry. :michael:

6 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Also not the 'so many variants' drag. It literally came out on CD, vinyl, pink vinyl and casette + a zine. The latter three were exclusive to her shop and sold like a combined 1000 copies so that's not going to explain the 6k difference even if we speculate that those were surplus sales and fans also bought other editions all at once (which is a thing hardcore fans do, not the Gee Pee which is Pinks main and arguably only audience) :skull: 

Exactly. Imagine Beyonce's numbers if her team hadn't been spamming Hot Hits UK with like four or five tracks from the album on release week. 

4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

30% of Renaissance's streaming units yet the difference in playlist reach was much greater. Like I said before, REN will most likely outperform TRUSTFALL in the long run but if y'all are gonna contextualize the difference in pure sales (radio and TV promo) then do the same with streaming. 

Just now, MrLovett said:

Except 0 context was added. :skull: P!NK managed to sell a meagre 6k more copies, due the wider availability of physicals. That was said. You tried to stated 20% as if that magically made the number any more than 6k. :toofunny3:

Seems like the little rant about variants says otherwise. :heart2: Unfortunately, 6k is barely passing. Something that was only possible due to wider availability of physicals for P!NK. I hope that helps and answers your question!

I added context on how that 6K literally means that it's a 20%+ difference so it's not 'barely passing'. I've noticed y'all have a hard time comprehending percentages though so I'll let it slide. Stay strong, copium is on the way! :heart2:

1 minute ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Exactly. Imagine Beyonce's numbers if her team hadn't been spamming Hot Hits UK with like four or five tracks from the album on release week. 

Imagine if you didn't make up stories and then tried to pretend they were true! :WAP:

Just now, Underdogs said:

30% of Renaissance's streaming units yet the difference in playlist reach was much greater. Like I said before, REN will most likely outperform TRUSTFALL in the long run but if y'all are gonna contextualize the difference in pure sales (radio and TV promo) then do the same with streaming. 

Playlisting can only do so much. It's clear from how much streaming has continued to fall, nobody is checking for this album. At least she's predicted a second week in the top 10 in the UK! Can't say the same for the US... :dancehall:

Just now, Liafen said:

I added context on how that 6K literally means that it's a 20%+ difference so it's not 'barely passing'. I've noticed y'all have a hard time comprehending percentages though so I'll let it slide. Stay strong, copium is on the way! :heart2:

And yet 6k remains... 6k. A small number which is barely passing the other. I hope that helps! :heart2:

Just now, MrLovett said:

And yet 6k remains... 6k. A small number which is barely passing the other. I hope that helps! :heart2:

Y'know what it also remains? A 20%+ difference. Context helps, indeed. :heart2:

Math Is Hard Addition GIF - Math Is Hard Addition Wrong ...

Just now, Liafen said:

Y'know what it also remains? A 20%+ difference. Context helps, indeed. :heart2:

It truly does! It helps us see that only a meagre 6k extra copies were sold. Thanks numbers! :heart2:

5 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

Right? They really go IN on Pink doing traditional promo yet fail to mention the MASSIVE playlisting that has been happening on Beyoncé's part. And even that couldn't help her reach Trustfall's opening week! A mess in this streaming-dominated climate the industry's in. :deadbanana4:

Screaming at the hives acting as if 6500 extra sales is "meagre" . 

The lies stans will tell themselves to cope it something else. 

Just now, MrLovett said:

Playlisting can only do so much. It's clear from how much streaming has continued to fall, nobody is checking for this album. At least she's predicted a second week in the top 10 in the UK! Can't say the same for the US... :dancehall:

Playlisting can only do so much? Lol, sis I've seen you in enough chart threads to know that you know better than that. Also, alternating different tracks on the big playlists like TTH & Hot Hits UK helped with the rule where the top tracks are down-weighted for the album charts. P!nk only had two tracks sitting in the mid 30s and 40s on Hot Hits UK and nothing on TTH.

The deflection and defensiveness is very unnecessary considering TRUSTFALL won't reach RENAISSANCE's overall numbers. :deadbanana2:

Just now, Underdogs said:

Playlisting can only do so much? Lol, sis I've seen you in enough chart threads to know that you know better than that. Also, alternating different tracks on the big playlists like TTH & Hot Hits UK helped with the rule where the top tracks are down-weighted for the album charts. P!nk only had two tracks sitting in the mid 30s and 40s on Hot Hits UK and nothing on TTH.

The deflection and defensiveness is very unnecessary considering TRUSTFALL won't reach RENAISSANCE's overall numbers. :deadbanana2:

"Alternating tracks" by which you mean in the release week she had the single and the single they were pushing for the second single. No others, right? :coffee2: Again, playlisting can only do so much if the interest isn't there. P!NK released a cute album, but clearly people aren't really checking for her much anymore.

lawd 11 pages for why. she lost this week. pointing to different metrics and weeks to come don't matter.

1 minute ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Screaming at the hives acting as if 6500 extra sales is "meagre" . 

The lies stans will tell themselves to cope it something else. 

Right? As if that somehow lessens a 20%+ difference in a much smaller market than the US. But going by their logic, the 31k Queen Bey pulled starts to look really embarrassing... :toofunny3:

Just now, Liafen said:

Right? As if that somehow lessens a 20%+ difference in a much smaller market than the US. But going by their logic, the 31k Queen Bey pulled starts to look really embarrassing... :toofunny3:

6500 difference in the UK is huge. 

Honestly, we shouldn’t even be arguing with pink Stans. Let them have this first week sales argument. It’s the only thing they’ll be able to gloat over… trust fall will fall off the charts soon enough. Those streaming numbers are in the gutter and I HIGLY doubt she’ll be able to be consistent with the physicals:coffee2: