P!nk's TRUSTFALL outsold Beyoncé's Renaissance in the UK. Why?

Liafen

LGBT acrobat P!nk's ninth studio album debuted at the UK Album Charts summit with sales of 37,570 copies (21,168 CDs, 3,300 vinyl albums, 332 cassettes, 7,126 digital downloads, and 5,644 sales-equivalent streams). Whereas Global Legend Beyoncé and her very successful album, Renaissance debuted with 31,064 (5,122 CDs, 2,772 vinyl albums, 3,356 digital downloads and 19,814 sales-equivalent streams) copies last year. That's more than a 20% difference in total and a 183% difference in pure sales (31,926 vs. 11,250).

Why is P!nk such a massive force in the UK, outselling legends easily like that? Discuss and keep it qt. :sistrens:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Liafen

• Lovett

• bijonse

• Virtual_Insanity

Middle aged women in the UK love P!nk. Every Karen with the same hair cut, picture the worst manager you’ve ever had (I worked at Home Bargains so trust i had this too)

People under 40 don’t buy albums but stream Bey and go to her concerts tho

Both huge there :clap3: 

Let's see if people are still discussing P!nk's album the way ATRL talks about any of Beyoncé's albums next year, or better yet in 6 months

I mean the math is in the post. P!nk seems to have a larger dedicated older fanbase that buys physicals. 

The UK said time for the Enlightenment period.

spacer.png

Pink sold more CDs, you quoted it yourself

Look who opened this thread. :sistrens:

P!nk was always bigger than Beyoncé in Europe. Beyoncé's last hit in here was Sweet Dreams or Halo (Idk which was released first), I guess.

She did this without any song on Today's Top Hits & TRUSTFALL sitting in the 40s on Hot Hits UK :clap3: 

Then why don’t you compare their stream numbers. Not to mention Bey didn’t even bother to promote the album. Pink has been everywhere and she’s promoting a new album + tour at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, Doogle said:

People under 40 don’t buy albums but stream Bey and go to her concerts tho

Beyoncé is 41, P!nk is 43. Don't tell me their fanbases are not in the same age.

Why do people do this to themselves? :coffee2:

When she starts cartwheeling (down the charts) in a few weeks' time as no single has broken through the noise, and this thread is woken up.... it won't be a good look. 

2 minutes ago, prézli said:

P!nk was always bigger than Beyoncé in Europe. Beyoncé's last hit in here was Sweet Dreams or Halo (Idk which was released first), I guess.

Not really engaging with your other stupid comment when you know full well Cuff It just happened

2 minutes ago, prézli said:

Cuff it is a hit in the UK, France, Ireland & Belgium

The way y'all just make up lies:skull:

Just now, Doogle said:

Not really engaging with your other stupid comment when you know full well Cuff It just happened

Where did it happen?

And your comment is stupid, not mine. :sistrens:

I suspect Renaissance physicals were very understocked in the UK but it could just be that Bey's audience leans more towards streams and P!nk CDs. Either way, it is surprising. Renaissance's UK performance has been weird considering the market is where she's performed best single wise, but it's not translating into great album sales for whatever reason. Could be damage done from the last 2 side projects. Anyway all the more reason why it's important she supports the album with more singles through til the end of the summer.

Just now, Armani? said:

Oh, 4 countries are the entire Europe. Thanks for the info.

Just now, Armani? said:

Don’t mind them, the posts clearly show they’re either just trolling or possibly not all there mentally. Best to take pity

OT P!nk ENDED Beylocal in the uk she’s always been bigger she must be selling out the same stadium more times than hasbeyn since she’s bigger

P!nk promoted and has been a bigger UK radio force for the past decade.

Plus P!nk had multiple physical formats while Beyoncé didn’t have a vinyl available release week (the vinyl numbers were pre-orders from her website that had long sold out).

All of the above combined with an older fan base who buy physical equal higher sales despite Beyoncé’s streams being nearly 4x higher (exc the most popular songs off an album as per UK album chart rules).

7 minutes ago, prézli said:

Beyoncé is 41, P!nk is 43. Don't tell me their fanbases are not in the same age.

Their ages don’t have to do with their fanbases lol. P!nk has no appeal to the youth. Anyway, the math is in the OP, no one streamed the album and they bought it instead. Will it have the same longevity? Im thinking no

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, prézli said:

Oh, 4 countries are the entire Europe. Thanks for the info.

Where did I state they were. However both France & UK are in the top 3 markets in Europe.

Seethe I guess

9 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Why do people do this to themselves? :coffee2:

When she starts cartwheeling (down the charts) in a few weeks' time as no single has broken through the noise, and this thread is woken up.... it won't be a good look. 

Trustfall is doing well in the UK. 

9 minutes ago, prézli said:

Look who opened this thread. 

Beyonce:
Cuff It No.5

BMS No.2 

P!nk:
Trustfall No.14

So far Beyonce's era is definitely bigger than P!nks, but credit where credit is due with P!nk being able to sell more physicals. Rennie will probably have better legs