Latin Grammys to be held in Spain for the first time ever

thatsmydemi

I mean it's fitting since Latino culture wouldn't exist as we know it without Spain. So what's the problem?

3 hours ago, Phantom said:

This is just asking for LASHINGS and they will be deserved :heart:

I mean yeah, at the absolute best and giving everyone the benefit of doubt... it's still an OBVIOUSLY terrible choice.  

-

I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a thing for locals tho. First time out of the US and it's not in Latin America? That's simple enough. 

4 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Sure why not :gaycat5:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

when will the BRITS 

57 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

I mean it's fitting since Latino culture wouldn't exist as we know it without Spain. So what's the problem?

huh... if anything the latino culture would not exist without Indigenous ! they would've stayed white and European... 

4 hours ago, Reginald said:

In... Spain? Odd choice.  That would be like hosting the American Music Awards, in London

It's not odd at all and the comparison doesn't make sense. The Latin Grammys are not region specific like the AMAs

1 hour ago, Katy V.! said:

I mean yeah, at the absolute best and giving everyone the benefit of doubt... it's still an OBVIOUSLY terrible choice.  

-

I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a thing for locals tho. First time out of the US and it's not in Latin America? That's simple enough. 

What place in Lat Am do you think would work?

37 minutes ago, J Legend X said:

huh... if anything the latino culture would not exist without Indigenous ! they would've stayed white and European... 

They wouldn't have spoken Spanish, been considered Latino to begin with, or benefited from the innovations that Spain brought from Europe to the colonies though. 

I guess Shakira won't be attending, but that's cool.

6 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

They wouldn't have spoken Spanish, been considered Latino to begin with, or benefited from the innovations that Spain brought from Europe to the colonies though. 

Gurl, grab a history book and do some reading. 

5 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Gurl :rip:

the only ones who benefited from all the murdering, raping, slavering  and stealing were the Spaniards.

Edited by commander

Spain isn’t a bad option but why not San Juan or Mexico City? 

Logistically wouldn’t they need to host it at 2am to account for the time zones?  

Edited by byzantium

I honestly don’t see what the problem hosting in spain would be? Spaniards contribute greatly to Latin pop these past couple years especially regarding actual Spanish language pop music. Aitiana, Alvaro soler, Pablo alboran, Alejandro sans etc contribute greatly to new pop music. It thanks to to them pop music is making a comeback to Latin music again. Plus this is a good chance to promote Spanish artist too. Instead of the same 10 Latin artist we always see every year.

Although I do believe the Grammys should be hosted every Spanish speaking country at some point. 

11 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Spain isn’t a bad option but why not San Juan or Mexico City? 

Logistically wouldn’t they need to host it at 2am to account for the time zones?  

They are most likely airing it live in Spain then hours later air the tape in the Americas. 

14 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

They are most likely airing it live in Spain then hours later air the tape in the Americas. 

Oh boo. I don’t like that.  

20 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Oh boo. I don’t like that.  

But considering how this is a US based award show then airing it live at 2am seems more likely. :michael:

6 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

This what they're teaching in the school of colonizer countries? :skull:

9 hours ago, toxicgenie said:

What place in Lat Am do you think would work?

Buenos Aires. Medellín. Bogotá. Mexico City. Guadalajara. Cancún. Santiago de Chile. Viña del Mar. Sao Paulo. Rio de Janeiro. Monterrey. San Juan. Santo Domingo. 

There are plenty of modern, cosmopolitan, and big cites in the continent to choose from. Full of efficient infrastructure, good transportation, and massive venues. :giraffe: 

Edited by Blade Runner

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.