J.Lo reigns as Romcom Queen amongst Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts & Reese Witherspoon

insomniac

Maid in Manhattan and Monster In Law are absolute classics :clap3:

2 hours ago, deej said:

Sandra reigns supreme. 

The Lost City total gross according to Box Office Mojo - $190,844,029. Metacritic score - 60.

Ticket to Paradise - $168,234,740. Metacritic score - 50. 

Marry Me - $50,458,060. Metacritic score - 51. 

Shotgun Wedding (Metacritic score of 46) and Your Place or Mine (Metacritic score tbd) are streaming releases. 

Sandra has always been da Queen of RomCom ever since Love Potion Number 9 

JustLikeHoney
18 minutes ago, FENTY. said:

Reese’s romcoms are all bad except Legally Blonde 

And the one with Chris Pine and Tom Hardy. That was a cute one. But yeah all the rest are trash. 

1 hour ago, supertiffany said:

well it's the only genre she excels in unlike the OSCAR WINNERS SANDRA BULLOCK and JULIA ROBERTS

Personally, I think she excels in drama's like Selena, El Cantante or more grittier roles like The Cell, Out of Sight, Hustlers or even Lila & Eve (very underrated for both Viola and J.Lo's acting).

39 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Personally, I think she excels in drama's like Selena, El Cantante or more grittier roles like The Cell, Out of Sight, Hustlers or even Lila & Eve (very underrated for both Viola and J.Lo's acting).

yeah she has minor in drama

but unlike the other actresses mentioned, she never shined majorly in drama like Julia and Sandra.

5 hours ago, supertiffany said:

well it's the only genre she excels in unlike the OSCAR WINNERS SANDRA BULLOCK and JULIA ROBERTS

And Reese. All three of them are Oscar winners, and rightfully so given their depth in acting. :clap3:

I did like Shotgun Wedding but the other three > JLo.

5 hours ago, JustLikeHoney said:

And the one with Chris Pine and Tom Hardy. That was a cute one. But yeah all the rest are trash. 

Just like heaven is good.

JustLikeHoney
1 hour ago, Mr. Duff said:

And Reese. All three of them are Oscar winners, and rightfully so given their depth in acting. :clap3:

How many Latina women have won a best acting Oscar? There have been two. Latina women never win. 

Oscars only happen to white people. They very rarely let any other person of color win. It's literally the KKK of award shows. 

JustLikeHoney
1 hour ago, Mr. Duff said:

How many Latina women have won a best acting Oscar? There have been two. Latina women never win. 

Oscars only happen to white people. They very rarely let any other person of color win. It's literally the KKK of award shows. 

16 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

what JLo projects deserve Oscars :dies:

26 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

Selena, Hustlers and according to then Academy Awards president El Cantante.

JustLikeHoney
1 hour ago, supertiffany said:

Hustlers or Selena, but that's not the point . The point is no latinas ever win unless you play Anita in Westside Story in a remake about 40 years from now and are nominated for "supporting" actress because best actress won't happen in our lifetimes. And mentioning Oscars in a thread about a latina actress is ignorant to the point of almost racist. 

The Oscars equals the KKK awards. 

The only people that should be proud of their Oscars should be Black, Latinos, and Asians. Because you have to be 300x's the actor or actress to win one against white actors or actresses. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

12 hours ago, ***** of Babylon said:

all those viral hate tweets couldn't stifle her success one bit huh :gaycat6:

Yeah because Twitter hate towards JLO is mainly from Beyonce and Mariah Carey fans and not real people who give JLO her relevancy by watching the rom-coms, buying her brand collabs, etc. 

Shotgun Wedding was viral across the whole internet since the first trailer and did not many negative comments on the trailer too. Real people care about entertainment not stan wars, JLO stays winning for that reason. 

Ticket to Paradise grossed three times as much as Marry Me

She is Queen. As are Reese & Sandra. We need all three in a romcom-type film!

9 hours ago, insomniac said:

Shame on you for ignoring Enough, which is a STANDOUT role for her.

12 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

Shame on you for ignoring Enough, which is a STANDOUT role for her.

Yeah that was a good film for her. The 20+ year old film entered the Netflix Top 10 most watched this month for a reason!

But not sure about standout when compared to those others films I mentioned. But that’s personal opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.