Viewers slam Ariana's 'painful' and 'awkward' performance

midnightdawn

Viewers were left stunned following Ariana DeBose's opening perfomance at the 76th EE British Academy Film Awards on Sunday night.

The 32-year-old, who scooped the Best Supporting Actress gong at last year's ceremony for West Side Story, took to the stage with a rap about the female nominees. 

The perfomance began with a song as she was joined by dancers who tore off her skirt in impressive scenes, before going on to name check members of the star-studded audience.

Racing to Twitter fans brandished the performance 'painful' and 'awkward' with one asking: 'Why did this happen?'. 

Following Ariana's perfomance one viewer wrote:  'P***ing myself laughing at Ariana DeBose's BAFTA song, why did this happen?'.

With another adding: 'Absolutely awful she wouldn't get a ingle turn on [talent show] The Voice'.

More agreed writing: 'It was awful' and 'God-awful'.

Another said: 'Got a lot of time for the celebs who smiled charmingly and awkwardly during Ariana DeBose's painful BAFTA rap'.

And: 'Ariana DeBose doing an absurd rap about the women up for things. She is, however such a pro (non more pro) so hardly matters'. 

x

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bimbo

• AcidPrince

• MALAMENTE

• simplywohoo

Why does she look like Ariana Grande in her 40s 

I think it's cute and fun. She's an actress, not a singer or rapper :michael: It's like seeing your friend performing on a karaoke night

I thought this was going to be about test audiences panning Ariana's acting Performance in Wicked skskj

Trust Dailymail to take a shot at her as soon as they got a chance.

It's obviously a mess but it's kind of meant to be? Lighten UP Brits. Especially after the award recipients last night and everything else that's been going in the last few weeks; you're being a bit embarrassing.

I understood every word though :fan:

It should have been prerecorded, she sounds out of breath and the music is toooo low

But it's a cute tribute :ducky:

30 minutes ago, Sept said:

I think it's cute and fun. She's an actress, not a singer or rapper :michael: It's like seeing your friend performing on a karaoke night

She's literally known for starring mostly in musicals :skull:

I thought she did great. 

Please, It wasn't even that bad, and besides a few actresses looking lost (Ana De Armas looked like she was having PTSD flashbacks to when she first read the script for Blonde), everyone else seemed to be bopping when she called their names.

I thought the Ariana turned into Mariah…. Please put the last name up cuz nobody knows this thick!

41 minutes ago, Sept said:

sis she’s literally a Broadway actress :rip: 

she’s an amazing talent but this was awful 

cringe :rip:  someone needs to hire a ghostwriter for this girl

Edited by truthteller

It wasnt good at all, but why people need to be so vicious in the comments? You can criticize people without letting all your own personal frustrations out.

And miserable people at daily mail publicizing it.

Edited by brazil

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.