Wendy - 118,637
BSC - 115,265
Two Weeks Ago - 112,833
Therapy - 106,573
There It Goes - 98,042
History Of Man - 96,880

• Like 3

On 6/23/2023 at 9:33 PM, LovaticSwiftie said:

Which are your favorite tracks from the eps? 

This Is On You, In My Head, Look At Me Now, Feels Like This and I also really like Wort Of You

On 6/24/2023 at 7:08 AM, AvrilMoonlight said:

To be fair, on YSUFT and TGW she’s worked with the same songwriters as she has been since Place We Were Made and the EPs!!

I guess I just enjoyed her music more when she was more singer/songwriter and less pop.

This is wayyyyy better than her previous album. A really solid pop project :clap3: The Good Witch and BSC are my favs of the new songs, especially BSC. Lost the Breakup and Body Better also still bops 

Also i agree her lyrics are slightly try-hardy and you can really tell she's a swiftie but on this album the writing is an improvement on her previous stuff imo. She makes it work 90% of the time. 

Edited by greento
  • Like 1

This album has been on repeat all weekend. I love it.

Really disappointing to see in pop forums the threads to discuss this album are so unpopular.

Easily one of the best pop releases this year.

Edited by Gladiator

37 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

This album has been on repeat all weekend. I love it.

Really disappointing to see in pop forums the threads to discuss this album are so unpopular.

Easily one of the best pop releases this year.

What are you top 5? 

2 hours ago, FallingFromCloud9 said:

What are you top 5? 

Really hard for me to pick a top 5. I like every song on the album. No bad songs, no skips! Ranking them now is difficult. I did my best, but this list will probably shuffle around every day this week. 

Top 5:

Want You Back
The Band and I

There It Goes

You're Just a Boy

Wendy

Great:

BSC

Lost the Breakup

The Good Witch

Two Weeks Ago

Coming of Age

Body Better

Good:

Therapy

History of Man

Run

Watch

• Like 1

Maisie on course for first No.1 album in the UK (10,732 sales)

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 3:11 PM, greento said:

Also i agree her lyrics are slightly try-hardy and you can really tell she's a swiftie but on this album the writing is an improvement on her previous stuff imo. She makes it work 90% of the time.

as a maisie stan i couldn't have worded it better. this perfectly describes how i feel most of us think about the album lol

4 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Maisie on course for first No.1 album in the UK (10,732 sales)

i really hope she gets it, its well deserving and it will open up so many doors for her 

Okay WOW.

I've liked Maisie since I heard Feels Like This on an episode of Love Island 4-5 years ago (lol), but THIS album has cemented her as both a pop star and a songwriter.  I enjoyed her EPs and her debut album, but this is on another level.  It feels like she went to Swift University (and I say this as a massive compliment, I love Taylor).  The songs are both catchy and lyrically stunning, and those BRIDGES.  I know Taylor is punching the air that she wasn't the one to write "Baby I am the Iliad, of course you couldn't read me" and "Men start wars yet Troy hates Helen."  

I MEAN :flame: :flame: :flame: 

The Good Witch: 8/10: Great opener, very melodic.

Coming Of Age: 9/10: Slightly overproduced, the chorus is a little bit messy, but those verses are immaculate.  The Iliad line gets me every time.

Watch: 11/10: My favorite of the upbeat songs.  The catchiest, the funnest, and the best chorus.  And perfectly captures a breakup in the social media age, how it's impossible NOT to see how your ex is doing afterwards.

Body Better: 8/10: A really interesting take on an insecurity that I'm sure a lot of people deal with - if the relationship was otherwise great, the only reason they could've left was because they found someone hotter.  Very well written.

Want You Back: 9/10: Whoa.  Another brilliant and unique take on feelings after a breakup - knowing that it's pathetic to still want them back, yet being unable to stop that yearning.  And some more incredible lyrics: "You left like an assassin maybe that's for the best, cuz if you'd told me what would happen I think I would've begged, so you got to be a coward and I salvaged a little self-respect."  :flame: Very Taylor.

The Band And I: 9/10: One of Taylor's greatest strengths is her specificity, and Maisie uses that throughout the album, but never moreso than on this song.  Almost no one can relate to touring with a band and having the best time ever, but basically everyone can relate to the feeling behind that: the nostalgia for the good old days, the sheer joy that comes from being surrounded by friends and far away from home for the first time.  

You're Just A Boy And I'm Kinda The Man: 9/10: Love an ambitious woman confident in herself and not diminishing her light for a man :alexz:  This is where it becomes clear that the album is telling a story: of the immediate pain after the breakup but also the healing that comes after that.

Lost The Breakup: 10/10: Second best banger after Watch.  Love that bridge.  "Like, stay in touch!"  

Wendy: 7/10: Solid, but a bit of a snooze compared to all the other superior songs, plus the theme is already covered (better) in YJABAIKTM.

Run: 10/10: Hilarious, but also lowkey sad, showing how a person can be scarred for their subsequent relationships after a bad breakup.

Two Weeks Ago: 9/10: Beautiful ballad.

BSC: 10/10: Oh yes.  Oh yes.  So fun.  Love how she breaks up the ballads with bops; this album is the perfect mix of introspection and fun, something that I feel another Taylor understudy (Olivia) failed to do with Sour.  I like that album, but it needed 3-4 more bangers to break up all the slow songs.

Therapy: 8/10

There It Goes: 8/10

History Of Man: 13/10: Song of the album, and dare I say pop song of the year so far?  This is the most Taylor song yet, with lyrics so sharp they could cut glass.  "You burned down Easter Island, as if it wasn't sacred to me."  "I've seen it in the poems and the sands, I've pleaded with the powers and their plans."  Gorgeous.  "She stays up, he's sleeping like a lamb, she begs him, he says he doesn't understand."  UGHHH.  "So Samson blamed Delilah, but given half the chance I would've made him weaker too."  Ahhhh!  "He stole her youth and promised heaven, MEN START WARS YET TROY HATES HELEN, women's hearts are lethal weapons, did you hold mine and feel threatened, hear my lyrics, taste my venom, you are still my great obsession." :flame: :flame: :flame: Give her a Grammy, give her a BRIT, give her a 14 week #1 smash , give her HER ******* FLOWERS!

I was not expecting her to deliver the pop AOTY but she did that.  She ******* did that.

• Like 1

#1 in the UK - 20,760 [9,475 CDs, 5,286 vinyl, 1,000 cassettes, 1,138 downloads, 3,861 streaming]

Edited by Nefertiti0
  • Thanks 2

So happy she got the #1!  She deserves it and I know she really wanted it!

Maisie got the #1 and I'm so proud of her :sosad: also, we might get girls house

I’m so freaking proud of her!! She and her team worked so hard to make sure it went #1!!! The way she kept restocking the personalized and signed CDs for as long as she could and she reduced the price of physical copies on Amazon.

and we finally got Girl’s House after YEARS of waiting!!!

AHHHHHHHHH. this is the best era!! 

I will say, however, I’m going to need her team to step it up to make the collectible CDs actually worth it next album cycle. Mine arrived, but it wasn’t the one I ordered, and it’s just a thin paper sleeve with the CD loose inside it. It doesn’t even have an album booklet, and it’s creased from getting sent completely loose. 

I still haven’t got the personalized or CD bundle with the shirt yet, though, but looking at pictures of other people’s copies, it’s also just a paper sleeve. 
I need JEWEL CASES next time pls. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 2:21 AM, coldoutside said:

History of Man really grew on me!

As SOTY should :alexz: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • ATRL Moderator

Love this entire album (with the exception of Therapy)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.