East Palestine, Ohio Abandoned by Biden Admin in months after toxic plume

ClashAndBurn

Reporters are getting arrested for trying to cover the story as well.

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

-

Edited by ClashAndBurn

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• BeenTheShit

3 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Yeah this has to be a huge cover up since there is absolutely no noise about this anywhere online :doc:

There was an expected level of coverage when the derailment happened, but mainstream media have completely dropped it since the controlled explosion. Absolutely no word about the domesticated chickens and wildlife that have died in the area. Nothing about the effects that are spreading over state lines into Pennsylvania and Virginia either. :doc: 

This happened very close to where I grew up so naturally a lot of people I know posted about it, but I’m shocked at how much this is being covered up :rip:

14 hours ago, Summerboy95 said:

The lack Of media coverage about this is unbelievable

Yet even here on ATRL, people are too preoccupied with stupid balloons that aren't really doing anything to harm anybody while people in Ohio are dying due to conditions on the ground that have occurred thanks to Pete Buttigieg not wanting to do his job to regulate the railroad industry.

Did a single Sunday Show report on this at all this morning either? Probably not.

I screamed at "$5 a person". Hang the CEO of that company.

Do we know the reason for the derailment? I'm trying to figure out how Pete is at fault here. :rip:

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

I screamed at "$5 a person". Hang the CEO of that company.

Do we know the reason for the derailment? I'm trying to figure out how Pete is at fault here. :rip:

Obama era regulations that Trump rescinded that Pete has personally opted to not revitalize could have played a role in preventing this disaster.

Also Biden breaking the strike and giving the rail companies a sweet deal that had been rejected by rank-and-file rail workers. When federal government union busts, the corporations cut costs by making workers work long hours without sick leave and dangerous working conditions that lead to… exactly this type of disaster.

6 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Obama era regulations that Trump rescinded that Pete has personally opted to not revitalize could have played a role in preventing this disaster.

Also Biden breaking the strike and giving the rail companies a sweet deal that had been rejected by rank-and-file rail workers. When federal government union busts, the corporations cut costs by making workers work long hours without sick leave and dangerous working conditions that lead to… exactly this type of disaster.

OK, thank you for explaining! I understand.

I feel, though, that even if the Biden admin hadn't stepped in and stopped the strikes, this still would've happened? This particular railway probably wouldn't have been addressed and derailments are often freak accidents that can't be avoided? It seems odd.

I think what should be happening right now is not the obvious coverup. The Biden admit should admit to the federal gov't failures  across multiple administrations to address issues that could cause accidents like this, and then ensure everyone is as safe as possible.

I came across a TikTok showing hundreds of dead fish in a local stream. Imagine the ecological disaster this is going to become. Those fish dying = animals who rely on those fish dying. The water contamination = the animals that drink from that stream dying. It's going to be catastrophic.

If the Biden admin wants to "prove itself" they will hold this company accountable, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Has the Biden administration said anything about this? :biblio: Just because it’s a rural town in Ohio, DC thinks this can be ignored huh. Politicians love to talk about the heartland until they’re poisoning our air and water supplies.

18 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Has the Biden administration said anything about this? :biblio: Just because it’s a rural town in Ohio, DC thinks this can be ignored huh. Politicians love to talk about the heartland until they’re poisoning our air and water supplies.

The only politician I've seen tweet about this has been... Marjorie Taylor Greene :dies: 

Neoliberals are avoiding this topic like the plague because they know how badly it reflects on their faves, Biden and Buttigieg.

and AOC has at least re-tweeted this:

7 hours ago, Bang Up said:

OK, thank you for explaining! I understand.

I feel, though, that even if the Biden admin hadn't stepped in and stopped the strikes, this still would've happened? This particular railway probably wouldn't have been addressed and derailments are often freak accidents that can't be avoided? It seems odd.

This probably would’ve still happened. The strikes were a tricky situation. If they continued it would’ve massively hurt the economy/movement of goods ect.  It would’ve be bad. No matter how one feels about that decision to end the strikes it really doesn’t have anything to do with this horrible event. 

the whole railroad/train industry needs a overhaul. Needs improved badly. 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.