Britney sings acapella rendition of Oops on Instagram

James_Dean

1 hour ago, Emir said:

Agree with all of this, but especially the bolded part.  Blur is a gem that is often slept on when discussing her discography.  Everytime I try to fly I listen to it, the same thought occurs to me in that it is such a natural evolution for her vibe/ sound.  

You described her vocals on the track perfectly 

Thanks for the response :hug: Happy you're a fellow Blur stan

Blur is absolutely 100% a hidden gem in Brit's catalog! One of her standouts bc she's never quite sounded like that on any other song. "Turn the lights out / This sh*t's way too f*cking bright." What a great opening lyric. She sounds lethargic and slightly disorganized, but confident and self-aware. She's over it but trying to make sense of her night. I also love how she delivers "I think I need an aspirin / Better yet I need to get up outta here." She's acknowledging regret: "maybe I shouldn't have given in / but I just couldn't fight" and that might've lost control. When else has she done that in her music so earnestly?

Blur is true Britney to me and as you said a natural evolution of her whole vibe. It's like an after hours come-down track after the dance club bangers. In a lot of ways, Circus is a perfect follow up to Blackout and quite similar sonically. Kill the Lights would've worked perfectly on Blackout. Even Mannequin. I mean, Unusual You? Hello! Haunting beautiful. People always talk about wanting a Blackout 2.0 but I would be here for a Circus 2.0. A "peak behind the curtain" theme a la Wizard of Oz, exposing her truth under the facades and channeling her anguish/anger/trauma into cathartic music. The Elton duet last year was cool but a bit too on the nose, commercial-leaning. I hope she goes totally left field and gives us weird pop like Mmm Papi, How I Roll etc. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• WEEKND

• SinnerCity

• Big Bad Wolf

On 2/8/2023 at 5:56 PM, Big Bad Wolf said:

Now can we finally drop the “Britney can’t sing” narrative? 

I don’t think we can

On 2/7/2023 at 5:47 AM, sweetkiss said:

Imagine hearing this and saying britney is not talented singer

???

Now this is the type of content I want from her. Not the pic of Selena or her random meltdowns. She should keep doing that

Finally, finished to read the thread. Ok it’s true she doesnt sound good and fans should stop being delusional. But I prefer this content in which she seems to enjoy herself rather than her constant meltdowns about what happened in her wedding

On 2/6/2023 at 9:57 PM, Starshine said:

i still prefer her unnatural tone

This is still her unnatural tone, just with a more mature voice, but it still has the low larynx, straining, excessive vocal fry and overpushing that comes with using an unnatural tone

There is a reason she didn't sing live on hardly any of her tours. If she did, the songs would be unrecognizable and people wouldn't keep coming.  

So good to see everyone is a vocal coach.

I don't know anything about singing and I know that this isn't great, but to me it sounds enjoyable. I just miss her voice and Im happy shes singing and shes confident enough to post this. I hope one day she;s going to perform live again, since it has been 23 years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.