Toni and Janet fell off... why?

Pristine

16 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

A one hit wonder with 3 #1 songs in the U.S and 8 Top Ten Hits overall? Not to mention two albums with sales of 10M+ WW? 

Go back to whatever crevice you crawled out of. Genuinely. 

Janet still has the better music and performance skills. She doesn't care about appealing to the younger generations after the way the media treated her post-SB

I think they and others are all part of the R&B realm that never really has fared well on streaming. Look at all the major solo acts and groups who had major hits at that time. All have a range of 4-6 million monthly listeners at most. I feel like their biggest audiences has always been the black community where they are all very respected and still referenced like a user said so i don't think its much of a drag cause both Toni and janet are legends.

Toni actually has a lot of memorable r&b hits. Her tone is also very unique. In fact, I'd place her with Nina Simone in that category of singers known for their unique voice. 

She definitely deserves more, although if I'm not mistaken her success during her peak was also equivalent to Brandy at least so I guess her numbers are not bad.

Janet, on the other hand, was definitely unfairly treated. She was literally canceled even before that culture even started. 

Toni signing to Blackground was the worst move for her.

Edited by iaintiffin

Well janet is about to embark on an arena/amphitheater tour which is selling very well I might add so there's that. :cm:

On 2/6/2023 at 2:38 PM, iaintiffin said:

Toni signing to Blackground was the worst move for her.

yes. but she had enough from the treatment major labels did to her in more than a woman era. that time really took a turn in her.

How many times are you going to make a thread asking why Janet's stats are so low? How do you not get it by now? Or do you simply delight in the career destruction of a black woman who changed the pop industry forever?

When did approval by white Gen-Z correlate to longevity or relevance? 

Put on “Just Be A Man About It” or “Anytime, Anyplace” in a stadium full of young Black people, and see what happens…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.