• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HEAVYONIT

• Nefertiti0

• Alex

• Flare

This is really the video of the year like look at the material... the scenes... the budget... the fashion.... 2024 already has it's pop smash hit. :hoetenks:

I honestly love this and I knew I would as soon as it was teased. Very catchy, we’ll have to see if it’s another Closer situation in terms of commercial success but this is much better so I think there’s hope.

9 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

not the revisionism, Closer will always be that BOP, and didn’t need a certain producer for it. 

exactly 

Agreed.  Closer is much better than this song, imo.  

1 hour ago, ptolemaea said:

This is such a smash. :jonny3: 

She rly is the female pit Bull without the success.

:skull: 

It's a total bop. It starts off so similar to Say So :laugh:

Hopefully Latto gets another hit...

Like the song but it does remind me of About damn time mashed with Say so.

Rooting for newer female rappers regardless

:hippo:

Closer is better than this. Closer is just so smooth, it’s really easy to listen to. Also, the video was GORGEOUS. Like it’s dreamy but let’s not get into that.

Day 2 youtube looks promising. Seems like the song is definitely going for that youtube + radio push, then Spotify etc will come after. People heard this on radio yesterday already AND it was played at the NBA All Stars event yesterday at one point before it kicked off (basically the pre show).

Her label is def invested and pushing it how they see fit. They’ll probably line a late night performance up soon too.  

2 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Agreed.  Closer is much better than this song, imo.  

19 minutes ago, Flare said:

Closer is better than this. Closer is just so smooth, it’s really easy to listen to. Also, the video was GORGEOUS. Like it’s dreamy but let’s not get into that.

Closer stans come through, Saweetie did that :clap3: 

I wonder what happened to the song with the Barbie Girl sample that she teased?

E4C4A48F-D8A3-4560-9B18-E3AC65E46445.thu

I feel like with Closer the hook was quite weak and that's what let it down, and with Lottery it's the opposite Latto's verses bring it down

3 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

I feel like with Closer the hook was quite weak and that's what let it down, and with Lottery it's the opposite Latto's verses bring it down

I can agree with that. Latto’s verses are definitely giving, “I just need this quick pop hit by any means necessary”. I will say Closer’s hook is more low key and that’s why I like it. Lottery’s hook is LOUD. Like 2012 pop music. :lakitu:

26 minutes ago, Flare said:

I can agree with that. Latto’s verses are definitely giving, “I just need this quick pop hit by any means necessary”. I will say Closer’s hook is more low key and that’s why I like it. Lottery’s hook is LOUD. Like 2012 pop music. :lakitu:

Agreed.  I think H.E.R. could’ve done more adlibs or harmonies or something.  But the hook is not bad at all.  

12 hours ago, Winged said:

I would sit that down if I was you tbh… 

spacer.png

I hope she gets some promo or something because this is a smasha waiting to happen

And Lottery is objectively worse than every one of these songs. :rip: 

53 minutes ago, Cap87 said:

It was produced by the same person

Just say his name 

11 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Here we go :duca: 

@TalkThatRihanna

Ngl the radio adds are giving me Closer tease. I’m waiting for Streaming to pick up :duca: 

This is definitely better than Closer. Closer had a cute chorus (thank you HER) but Saweetie's verses were just so bad, she was the worst part of her own song. Lottery has an even catchier hook and while these aren't Latto's best bars, still dusts Saweetie's lol. 

I liked Closer better although that got old so fast just like Lottery has.

Big D*** Energy still sounds super fresh :heart2:

11 hours ago, ptolemaea said:

This is such a smash. :jonny3: 

She rly is the female pit Bull without the success.

she has achieved success and is just getting started. how you compliment then drag her right after like was that really necessary lol

10 hours ago, Cotton said:

I honestly love this and I knew I would as soon as it was teased. Very catchy, we’ll have to see if it’s another Closer situation in terms of commercial success but this is much better so I think there’s hope.

closer deserved to smash

9 hours ago, NewStanner said:

Exactly, I can't at some people in here saying that Closer is better than this huge bop

1382946a426e150292f74ceb593d509a_w200.gi

all 3 bops can co exist

8 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

i believe that it's delayed until the barbie soundtrack comes out and lmfao the drag at latto towards the end

2 hours ago, GeminiCat said:

This is definitely better than Closer. Closer had a cute chorus (thank you HER) but Saweetie's verses were just so bad, she was the worst part of her own song. Lottery has an even catchier hook and while these aren't Latto's best bars, still dusts Saweetie's lol. 

latto and saweetie should collab

3 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Ngl the radio adds are giving me Closer tease. I’m waiting for Streaming to pick up :duca: 

Stop mentioning that abomination of a song :chick1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.