Superman | July 11, 2025 | First look of David Corenswet suited up

xrosup

Emma is a great actress...

The superman actors are giving boring. Logan Lerman woulda been great, idc. 

But honestly i see this movie flopping, it just seems boring casting wise.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Hiatus

• Gorjesspazze9

39 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

I hope James Gunn gets a great cinematographer for this film.  

The cinematographer is the same guy who did Guardians of the Galaxy 2 & 3 and The Suicide Squad.

Edited by Broken

My only major want for this movie is for it to be Brighter. Not even just the tone, but literally filmed with a brighter filter. :lakitu:A lot of movies recently look dark as hell even on Dolby & Imax. 

i don’t really care for the idea of Superman fighting the Authority 💀but I do like the confirmation that this universe Will already have established hero’s. Also glad it’s not a total origin. We have seen enough origin superheroes. Like just throw us straight into the life of Clark and start the story and action off rip. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

12 hours ago, Broken said:

The cinematographer is the same guy who did Guardians of the Galaxy 2 & 3 and The Suicide Squad.

Thanks! Ok I liked his work in the previous movie. So I have faith this movie will look good. 

he has about 6 month to train his s off. aint nobody got time for an excessive muscle suit and show a pea-head :redface:

Why can’t we just have a Superman and Lois movie? :noparty:

18 hours ago, Poxy said:

Same... not sure it is smart to have a packed movie with superheroes when you're reseting the whole thing and want to introduce your new Superman. Can't we just have a Superman movie with just him mostly? Feels like BvS again...

James has stated heroes and meta humans already exist in the DCU so it makes sense to have a few cameos to showcase that. 

I’m fine with other heroes being in the world. It seems this world will be more of Justice society over Justice league. Another reason why I feel this won’t be a commercial hit. But the acting and story will probably be great. Seems more critical leaning than a typical Summer Superhero Blockbuster. 🧐 but it’s still too early to tell. We will have to wait for a trailer

:dies:Yeah I already know what type of movie Gunn is going for 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Poxy said:

james said superman and lois are the core of the film so i don't think we need to worry

Grace Randolph spoils the plot of Superman Legacy 💀😆

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure how I feel about that casting. Hoult has been in so many blockbusters I don't think it feels fresh of a casting for that character.

• ATRL Moderator

Nicholas :wanda:Huzzah! Y’all he’s going to give a very entertaining performance I just know it 

So they’re making this superman movie for the DCU but they’re also developing another superman movie they won’t be part of the DCU. Ya that won’t be confusing at all for audiences. They need to either decide to build a DCU or just make one offs.  I think it’s so weird to declare a new DCU, kick it off with a new Superman movie and then simultaneously develop Man of Steel 2 or whatever this other standalone superman movie is. 

An actor who got the boot for playing Superman gets cast as Lex Luthor is such perfect casting imo

I know his deep-seated hatred for Superman would transfer so well on the screen

• Like 1

This is the only upcoming superhero movie I'm excited about, so Gunn better do this right. There's so much you can bring to the Superman character and a good amount of acclaimed comics to take some inspiration 

• Like 1

I can’t imagine the stakes this has and what a pressure for Gunn to not only deliver a good film but also to kick off a new era for DC movies, in the end I guess he will lean on what works for him in the GotG films:

-Cute talking animal (Krypto?)

-Dumb sidekick (Metamorpho?/Guy Gardner)

-Wholesome hero with family issues (Sups)

-Smart and badass female lead (Lois)

-Evil nasty villain (Lex)

Lots of aliens or weird creatures and a rock/American soundtrack, probably a 7-8/10 film and hopefully way better than TSS because that was messy at some points.

I’m more interested in Supergirl and Lanterns.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I can’t imagine the stakes this has and what a pressure for Gunn to not only deliver a good film but also to kick off a new era for DC movies, in the end I guess he will lean on what works for him in the GotG films:

-Cute talking animal (Krypto?)

-Dumb sidekick (Metamorpho?/Guy Gardner)

-Wholesome hero with family issues (Sups)

-Smart and badass female lead (Lois)

-Evil nasty villain (Lex)

Lots of aliens or weird creatures and a rock/American soundtrack, probably a 7-8/10 film and hopefully way better than TSS because that was messy at some points.

I’m more interested in Supergirl and Lanterns.

I'm hoping we get to see Supes face off against lesser villains from his catalog throughout the film, holding my breath for some silver banshee, toyman, volcana slayage :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.