• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Hiatus

• Gorjesspazze9

“Superman: Legacy”

Set to open on July 11, 2025, “Superman: Legacy” will mark “the start of the DCU,” as Safran put it, but it will not be an origin story of the proverbial Man of Steel. 

“It focuses on Superman balancing his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing,” Safran said. “He is the embodiment of truth, justice and the American way. He is kindness in a world that thinks of kindness as old-fashioned.”

Gunn is writing the project, and Safran said he hopes Gunn “can be persuaded, perhaps, to direct it as well.” (Gunn, sitting right next to Safran, remained uncharacteristically poker faced in response.)

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav made no secret that rebooting Superman was a top priority for the company as he spent much of 2022 searching for the right leaders for DC Studios. So it’s little surprise Gunn and Safran are turning to the most recognizable superhero in the world to lead the charge for the DCU.

“‘Superman’ is for everyone,” Gunn said. “That’s a four quadrant film that should speak to everyone in the world.”

(A separate Superman movie produced by J.J. Abrams through Bad Robot, and written by Ta-Nehisi Coates, remains in development and would exist outside the DCU.)

Source

It’s good that there will be no project in 2024. That year can serve as a palate cleanser and actually have enough time to fully plan and develop this movie and other projects. Rooting for DC of course and cautiously optimistic. :celestial5:

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed there was no discussion thread for this movie. There are threads for The Batman 2 and the Joker 2, but not for the first DCU movie :rip:.

I hope they finally do the character justice 9DxAYIc.png

--------------------------------------------

Superman: Legacy will be released in theaters on July 11, 2025. It is written by James Gunn and will focus on Superman balancing his Kryptonian heritage with the human upbringing.

James Gunn was hired "over six months ago" to write Superman: Legacy and he is "very far" into the script:

Mess :deadbanana:

… I just don’t have a lot of faith in this reboot with James Gunn at the helm. James did an okay job with Guardians 1, Peacemaker, and Suicide Squad, but beyond that… idk. They’ve cancelled anything that DC was doing right and seem like they’re trying to do a forced hard reboot keeping only Gunn’s contributions. 

8 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

but u think another actor's gonna do better?

Great body and meh acting skills. Sounds extremely replaceable in Hollywood sis. :rip:

16 minutes ago, Broken said:

cavills-luck-in-theatrical-dc-films-v0-x

M8BPm9F.thumb.gif.ab89cdf6280a8a90f8ddbb

MichaelFassbenderRemindingEveryoneThatGa

Notice that the highest-rated film, "Man of Steel," has Henry Cavill as the sole star and was produced by Christopher Nolan. When Henry Cavill is forced to work with talentless actors—Ben Affleck, Ezra Miller, The Rock—the critical score plummets.

...Vin

18 minutes ago, Ferst said:

Great body and meh acting skills. Sounds extremely replaceable in Hollywood sis. :rip:

We'll see how it does then

MichaelFassbenderRemindingEveryoneThatGa

JustLikeHoney

My guess is Legacy means we get Jon Kent instead of Clark Kent and we'll have a gay Superman finally on screen. He keeps saying it's not an origin story. So it's it's a continuation and the word legacy is in the title to me this it what it means.

48 minutes ago, Broken said:

cavills-luck-in-theatrical-dc-films-v0-x

M8BPm9F.thumb.gif.ab89cdf6280a8a90f8ddbb

And the box office is even worse 

JustLikeHoney

Also I'm so over the Cavill or.nothing crowd. He was a great Superman but he couldn't get people in the movie theatre and he wasn't even a good Clark. It's time for a new Superman. I didn't want Robert Pattinson as The Batman but he did a pretty good job. I think we need a better actor for Superman. Like a great character actor. Someone who literally turns into the role. Henry played Henry in a Superman suit. 

Like I would not mind a beefed up Nicolas Holt as Superman. If he is playing Clark. Or someone younger if he is playing Jon. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

2 hours ago, Power love said:

I was hoping they would cast someone else

They are, Henry is out

What the audience wants is to eventually get to a point where we can see either / both super boys on the silver screen :jonnycat:

Henry Cavill was truly ****** over by Zack Snyder horrible films and characterization. Hopefully the new regime is smart with DC's iconic characters.

1 hour ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Also I'm so over the Cavill or.nothing crowd. He was a great Superman but he couldn't get people in the movie theatre and he wasn't even a good Clark. It's time for a new Superman. I didn't want Robert Pattinson as The Batman but he did a pretty good job. I think we need a better actor for Superman. Like a great character actor. Someone who literally turns into the role. Henry played Henry in a Superman suit. 

Like I would not mind a beefed up Nicolas Holt as Superman. If he is playing Clark. Or someone younger if he is playing Jon. 

Henry or nothing. 
not watching anything without him. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.