The UK is too diverse for some Ukrainian refugees

Thickorita

1 minute ago, rickybaby said:

Nothing I said was bigoted. You’re just mad I don’t think like YOU do. And that says more about you than me. “Edgy” is for followers like yourself. Now, go write a think piece about not being able to think for yourself. Good luck sis. 

You being more concerned about calling a black member a victim instead of the actual racism that this thread is about is exactly what an ignorant bigot would do hun. Go somewhere. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jinzo

• Communion

• IBeMe

• Headlock

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, rickybaby said:

Be a victor, not a victim. 

ZTP violation.  

See if I speak on this, it won’t be nice. So let me keep it cute and say they are welcome to go back to Ukraine. 

So we should abandon Ukraine and its refugees bc this one woman is racist :skull:

This is the equivalent argument to 'we shouldn't let the Muslims in because they don't like the gays'. Keep it together y'all

Well no duh. Most of Eastern Europe is deeply racist. Whether you want to argue pedantically or not whether what percentage of any Eastern European would self-identify as a nazi, the deeply nationalist and white supremacist roots to their cultures in the last 100 years didn't just magically vanish. :skull:

Places like Lithuania literally sue Jewish survivors of the Holocaust for "war crimes" for killing Lithuanian nazis. :skull:

Obviously this doesn't entitle a white supremacist Russia to somehow expand its borders, but Russia's war crimes don't suddenly erase others' actions, despite Eastern Europe running with that mindset for the last 100 years.

5 hours ago, Redstreak said:

what productive discourse is this particular thread producing besides “Ukraine bad”

You're not entitled to demand everyone frame their views around what is productive and important around the whims of the geopolitics of a place thousands of miles away for many of them. 

Anyway, hope the anti-Palestine users / Zionists on here enjoyed a taste of their own medicine with their rampant Islamophobia and anti-refugee views finally experiencing what that hateful rhetoric is like. :cm: I get why people would personally not offer such racist Ukrainians grace, but I would personally over them some grace myself. The world needs understanding. Hopefully Islamophobes on here who support Ukrainian refugees in Europe but not those from the Middle East now see the error in their ways.

Edited by Communion

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Well no duh. Most of Eastern Europe is deeply racist. Whether you want to argue pedantically or not whether what percentage of any Eastern European would self-identify as a nazi, the deeply nationalist and white supremacist roots to their cultures in the last 100 years didn't just magically vanish. :skull:

Places like Lithuania literally sue Jewish survivors of the Holocaust for "war crimes" for killing Lithuanian nazis. :skull:

Obviously this doesn't entitle a white supremacist Russia to somehow expand its borders, but Russia's war crimes don't suddenly erase others' actions, despite Eastern Europe running with that mindset for the last 100 years.

You're not entitled to demand everyone frame their views around what is productive and important around the whims of the geopolitics of a place thousands of miles away for many of them. 

Anyway, hope the anti-Palestine / Zionist on here enjoyed a taste of their own medicine with their rampant Islamophobia and anti-refugee views and finally experiencing what that hateful rhetoric is like. :cm: I get why people would not offer such racist Ukrainians grace, but I would personally over them some grace myself.

People who generally have no rebuttal tend to frame a conversation as someone feeling “entitled.” Once again, when people were posting a bunch of anti-Arab immigration threads I had the same issues. Weird how certain people swap certain sensibilities now that Russia is in the mix

Just now, Redstreak said:

a bunch of anti-Arab immigration threads

You mean the same threads that everyone you're replying to are already explicitly referencing as a teaching moment for those who don't see the point of this thread? The productive discourse of the thread is highlighting the hypocrisy around reactions to one vs the other.

White Europeans don't suddenly stop benefitting from white supremacy just because of other hardships, and something like inequality amongst the perception of refugees is a huge example of that. 

It's nothing new. You can replace Ukrainians with southern Asians, northern Asians and people from Hong Kong, people from the middle east, muslims, people from Poland, people from ex-british colonies and the narrative remains the same :michael: 

White people in Eastern Europe, as well as pretty much the rest of Europe and North America (which was literally built on chattel slavery) have a racism problem, yes. That's not uniquely a Ukrainian issue. In fact, plenty of Brits would have plenty of the same thoughts and feelings about the people of color they live next to every day.

8 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

White people in Eastern Europe, as well as pretty much the rest of Europe and North America (which was literally built on chattel slavery) have a racism problem, yes. That's not uniquely a Ukrainian issue. In fact, plenty of Brits would have plenty of the same thoughts and feelings about the people of color they live next to every day.

Where in the world is this country where there is no racism? :deadbanana2:

19 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Those who complain can go back to warzones they left. Nobody is d

stopping them.

19 hours ago, commander said:

Disgusting. And I always thought the UK was not diverse enough :rip:

When do you think the UK will be diverse enough? When the native British population drop below 50%? :rip:

BTW, Birmingham is 30% Muslim, with some Muslim-majority areas. It’s a cultural shock for people from other parts of the UK too.

Gross entitled behaviour 

54 minutes ago, Aren said:

When do you think the UK will be diverse enough? When the native British population drop below 50%? :rip:

You mean the white British population? 

This is a common reaction - you need to understand that these people lived their entire lives in a place that was mostly their own culture. They witnessed many terrorist attacks throughout Europe and made the assumption that diversity leads to danger. It doesn't mean that these people are evil, it just takes time. They will get used to it and realize that just like themselves, other groups of people are also made up of good + bad people. 

20 hours ago, Aren said:

Not you exposing yourself here :foxaylove2:

Expand on what you mean by “native” British people :penguin:

Certain religions are known to murder gays and treat women like second-class citizens and progressive leftists seem to think importing millions in won't be a problem at all. 

Meanwhile, one woman says something which is of course heinous and unacceptable and suddenly there's a problem. 

The double standards. :skull: 

10 minutes ago, jinzo said:

Certain religions are known to murder gays and treat women like second-class citizens and progressive leftists seem to think importing millions in won't be a problem at all. 

You're telling on yourself :rip:

19 minutes ago, jinzo said:

Certain religions are known to murder gays and treat women like second-class citizens

Eastern Orthodox Christianity?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.