Golden Hit: Season 3 📀 Congrats to TruGemini! ✨

fountain

CGs42aDVVJt60HUGFPr-BQg02mPfMcoHvmPSfuM2F6fuiArD9JZ9JDwDa-7JiJpcMoybkf2tPDx9KR57eZsergeTMOGfS2Ul9Y8o3Jlj0Zs4kqGike0yUxoPm1c3uXpu2QNrsOOPXRvbuaJyxyGB27A

Welcome to the results for Round 5, The Judge’s Choice challenge! 

Thank you to the seven of you who took on our various prompts and submitted this round. We absolutely appreciate it. Writing is not always easy, but it is fun and rewarding, and we are thankful to have you here and to get to read your writing. :heart:

Next round is the final round of the season! I’ll be posting the challenge when the results have been revealed. We hope you can take part and impress us with one final song this season!

But for now, it’s time for the results. Up first, #7…

@Julia Fox @Legend E @Euterpe @JoeAg @Invisibility @Prisoner @TruGemini

:bird:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Invisibility

New page, new slay. :foxaylove2:

get-in-loser-were-going-shopping-gif-9.g

shopping = results

At #7 with a song about… a sweaty poodle?!

@Legend E with “See You Again on Tinder”!

Well, this is not where I ever wanted to see you ranking, but it does not change the fact that you are a fantastic writer. I am looking forward to your final song which I am sure will bounce back from this. And anyway, sweaty poodle is kinda iconic. Thanks for submitting regardless this round, we love you. :heart2:

Just now, Aurora said:

shopping = results

Dan Aurora your resole ts

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

New page, new slay. :foxaylove2:

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

shopping = results

New results, new me 🙏🏼

• ATRL Moderator

:redface:

Thank you though, expected, but this was really not my round. Hope inspiration strikes me next round!

2 minutes ago, fountain said:

At #7 with a song about… a sweaty poodle?!

@Legend E with “See You Again on Tinder”!

Well, this is not where I ever wanted to see you ranking, but it does not change the fact that you are a fantastic writer. I am looking forward to your final song which I am sure will bounce back from this. And anyway, sweaty poodle is kinda iconic. Thanks for submitting regardless this round, we love you. :heart2:

Although I'm sure you didn't intend for this to be the main take away from your entry, "Sweaty Poodle" will live on in the Golden Hit Hall of Fame as one of the most iconic typos we've ever had the pleasure to witness. :deadbanana2::bibliahh: So... there's that! We'll See You Again Next Round, sis. :heart2:

Just now, Legend E said:

:redface:

Thank you though, expected, but this was really not my round. Hope inspiration strikes me next round!

It happens, rooting for you king :hughard:

At #6 with a song that took us on a trip through mental tourism…

@Euterpe with “Worthless”!

I was sorry to hear you struggled during this challenge but I hope you know your continued participation is really appreciated here. Whether it was struggling in regards to the challenge or rather something more, it’s always commendable when we see people push through and still submit regardless of these factors. Thank you for doing so and for continually being a great part of Golden Hit. I hope the final round can be more fulfilling for you!

Just now, fountain said:

At #6 with a song that took us on a trip through mental tourism…

@Euterpe with “Worthless”!

I was sorry to hear you struggled during this challenge but I hope you know your continued participation is really appreciated here. Whether it was struggling in regards to the challenge or rather something more, it’s always commendable when we see people push through and still submit regardless of these factors. Thank you for doing so and for continually being a great part of Golden Hit. I hope the final round can be more fulfilling for you!

Yes, we always, always appreciate seeing writers submit week after week, despite difficulties. We know these tournaments can be draining (partially why we opted for 6-round seasons in GH rather than 10+ round ones as other tournaments had), but given you've submitted for each and every round thus far technically this is like Round 17 for you (+ the seasonals) so writer's fatigue is to be expected. Looking forward to your snap next round!

At #5 with a song that stole all our focus…

@Julia Fox with “Distracted”!

This was a solid take on the round and definitely a good interpretation of the poptimism theme, nice job. Keep up the great work for the final! Ready for your second #1 :eli:

It was expected tbh but I’m glad I didn’t ended up on the bottom lol let’s see what happens next round :WAP:

Just now, Aurora said:

10+ round ones as other tournaments had

Oh wow ngl this sounds exhausting :redface:

Like I'd do it anyways if Golden Hit had 10 rounds bc jobless, but for my college days this does sound like dragging it out a bit

1 minute ago, fountain said:

At #5 with a song that stole all our focus…

@Julia Fox with “Distracted”!

This was a solid take on the round and definitely a good interpretation of the poptimism theme, nice job. Keep up the great work for the final! Ready for your second #1 :eli:

Deserved even better imo, but this is still an outstanding result! This was a fun, harmless pop bop and definitely a winner in your catalogue and something you should be proud of Miss Julia, which is saying a LOT coming after the huge smash we witnessed from you last week. If you keep up this level of talent going into the final round, we might be in for your highest season average performance yet I fear...

1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

Like I'd do it anyways if Golden Hit had 10 rounds bc jobless, but for my college days this does sound like dragging it out a bit

Yeah, in the old tournaments (Platinum Hit) the standard was like 12 rounds I think, but in some seasons with more players they even had 13 or 14 round seasons and post-show GRAMMYs and such, so all up an entire season could take up to half a year. :skull: It really was a time to be alive and quite fun in the moment, but I don't think something like that would really work these days. Maybe I'm wrong though!

Just now, Invisibility said:

Yeah back in the days of Platinum Hit it was normal for a season to last like 12 rounds, so they went on for usually 3 months+ at a time :rip: but this was also back when the game featured eliminations as opposed to the averages format we adopted for Golden Hit, so it only really lasted that long for players who made it all the way to the final

At #4 with a song that made us rethink our nighttime endeavours…

@JoeAg with “Relish the Thought”!

Ever the wild card, I would not have predicted that you would write a sequel to one of your most overlooked songs, but you absolutely took it and built upon it really well to create a follow up that was much more impressive, which was a great way to execute this challenge. You’ve been one to continually succeed this season, and I hope you can end it with a banger for the final!

Yeah back in the days of Platinum Hit it was normal for a season to last like 12 rounds, so they went on for usually 3 months+ at a time :rip: but this was also back when the game featured eliminations as opposed to the averages format we adopted for Golden Hit, so it only really lasted that long for players who made it all the way to the final

Oop not us parroting, at least we know our PHistory. :foxaylove2:

At #4 with a song that made us rethink our nighttime endeavours…

@JoeAg with “Relish the Thought”!

Ever the wild card, I would not have predicted that you would write a sequel to one of your most overlooked songs, but you absolutely took it and built upon it really well to create a follow up that was much more impressive, which was a great way to execute this challenge. You’ve been one to continually succeed this season, and I hope you can end it with a banger for the final!

Whew, the way you can't take your foot of the girls' necks even with what might be considered an "underperformance" for your standards! Congrats on another smash hit, and best of luck going into this finale. You're going to really want to bring it if you have plans to take out this season. :heart2:

At #3 with a song of folktales and fires…

@Prisoner with “These Walls”!

Congrats on your second top 3 position in Golden Hit! It’s been a really nice surprised to see you back again and you definitely impressed with this extremely well written song this round. Though you missed the first few challenges I hope you still submit for the final and that we get to see more of this great writing in the future! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.