Golden Hit: Season 3 📀 Congrats to TruGemini! ✨

fountain

25 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

i have an interview for a receptionist job at a tattoo parlor and then i’ll finish up sorry y’all 

Oop I hope it goes well sending you luck! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Invisibility

27 minutes ago, fountain said:

Oop I hope it goes well sending you luck! 

thank u! it was okay, but it doesn't pay as well as my current job 🫠

anyway... submitted!!

37 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

thank u! it was okay, but it doesn't pay as well as my current job 🫠

anyway... submitted!!

:'( hate that, maybe it’s worth it though if it might be more enjoyable/convenient? 

Thank you :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

Thank you @fountain! Indeed, I am aware it's not the deepest song ever, but for a pop song I also think it works a bit? Hope I can get my redemption next round!

20 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Thank you @fountain! Indeed, I am aware it's not the deepest song ever, but for a pop song I also think it works a bit? Hope I can get my redemption next round!

I’d stream it :jamming:  on incognito mode :eli: 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, fountain said:

I’d stream it :jamming:  on incognito mode :eli: 

:gaycat4:

• ATRL Moderator

Congrats I guess you’ve each made it to the top 3 this round by being the only people to submit 🤡

wait vd;vdcdv;

Wait @ Poptimism challenge highkey going off, going to do tokens and reviews tomorrow so stay tuned for those. :heart2:

Did somebody say Hit Tokens? :matty:

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

Hey, Hitmakers! It's Judgment Day: we're busily reviewing your submissions for Round 5's Judge’s Choice challenges. What's your verdict? 🧑‍⚖️

Remember, if you've only just discovered Golden Hit or didn't wish to participate in prior rounds, fear not: sign-ups are still open—just submit!

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's Valentine’s challenge with their bonus prizes: the Hit Tokens!

I've reviewed the requests from our trio of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant them for embossment.

:matty:

Celebrating a third place triumph with “Is love enough?”:

Avatar-BronzeCoin-S3-R4-Euterpe.png

Here is your Bronze Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. :3rdplace:

Congratulations! This is your first Hit Token of S3, and third Hit Token of Golden Hit overall—so glad you finally have your Princess Aurora token! :lee:

Celebrating a second place success with “Love Across the Universes”:

Avatar-SilverCoin-S3-R4-sugarshine.png

Here is your Silver Hit Token embossed with your requested text and King Bugs Bunny. :2ndplace:

Congratulations! This is your second Hit Token of S3, and second Hit Token of Golden Hit overall—2 for 2 Hit Tokens out of the gate, well done! :lee:

Celebrating a first place finish with “Consuelo”:

Avatar-GoldCoin-S3-R4-JuliaFox.png

Here is your Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Sabrina Carpenter. :1stplace:

Congratulations! This is your first Hit Token of S3, and third Hit Token of Golden Hit overall—and your first main token, extremely well deserved! :lee:

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hit—ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top three writers of each round will earn their own Hit Token just like the three above, so make sure to submit each week for the best chance to claim one of these bonus prizes. :lee:

Emblem-Crest-S3.png

aDk5ZaRE-TwX4tT911pz-mwBeNYRHEatDjWZcwUeCytGmIbRsFpIGZ67XffeSAK7V-ykw_OOv4UBv5N9OkS2vZIz3OgWyPj3T7M1OifhzDHNAdiuQtgnI8e_RYjS_IBoXXn-YIP-0fGC3qH76aFWxKY

Round 5: Judge’s Choice Part 2, aka the late entries

@JoeAg - Relish the Thought - (Sequel)

It’s such a left of field and interesting choice to write a sequel to Nightlife Empress tbh. I feel like most people would automatically think “omg I should write a sequel to my highest scoring/ranking song” but here, looking back, you’ve actually picked your second lowest scoring song which I think is a bold choice. I’m actually very here for it because, without being shady, I do think Nightlife Empress was one of your less memorable entries and by revisiting it like this and building upon it you can potentially turn that around, which was definitely part of my intention with picking this challenge. And I would say… it’s definitely a success! I really love how you have built upon the original and really fleshed out the character and their persona with this song. In the original the character is (again not to be shady) a bit faceless and like you mentioned very boastful which really goes along with the living in the moment/nightlife vibe of the original, however showing the aftermath of this behaviour and the contemplation that comes along with age was a really strong choice, and I think it’s a really great interpretation of my challenge. This song much more thoroughly and eloquently explores the character and adds a great level of depth so this is a very successful sequel in my eyes and an overall improvement in the concept and execution. Lyrically this is definitely stronger than the original song also, very grand and metaphorical with a lot of intrigue. Overall another good job from you!

@Invisibility - Feasting on Dead Stars - (Demonic Compendium)

Okay, if you hadn’t already, then you have definitely solidified yourself as the concept queen of the season. I mean, my god, how did you even come up with this ajdjskskd. Like… your mind. This is clearly highly conceptual and really in-depth, even just from reading your description of the song you can see how much thought and research went into this. You truly went all in and I absolutely commend you for that. In a way this seems kinda like the perfect challenge for you, and it was absolutely a fantastic pairing. You’ve created something quite special here, it’s honestly very artistic, I feel like I could read it a dozen times and get a different interpretation and a new light each time. This is very much high conceptual songwriting of the utmost creativity and it’s just kinda a marvel to read and experience. I would be lying if I said I completely understand all aspects of it, but I don’t think we are supposed to, I think the abstract nature of it only makes it more interesting and much more distinctive. Lyrically conceptually, everything is so grand and one of a kind. This is definitely a stand out and another fantastic entry from you, really great job. 

@Prisoner - These Walls - (Demonic Compendium)

Oh this is… fantastic. Your writing here is so eloquent and vivid, and the concept so inspired. I can definitely say that this is my favourite song you’ve submitted during Golden Hit. The exploration of themes here was just really interesting and articulated fantastically, I think this is the strongest example of your writing that I have personally seen. This review is on the shorter side but that should speak to my enjoyment of the song, this was just overall a really polished and strong entry with great inspiration. Really good job!

@TruGemini - The Calling - (Sequel/Demonic Compendium/Poptimism)

Okay… okay. I’ll say it. You own these multiple choice challenges. You do. You’ve hit it out of the park, again. In Season 1’s Judge’s Choice you earned a 10 from me (and of course ranked #1 that round), and in Season 2’s Mix n Match Final you also earned a 10 from me… and I’m happy to say, it’s third times the charm here. It’s another 10. The absolute ambition to take on each individual challenge combined in one song, again, is just amazing on its own… but the fact that you so effortlessly do so and create such a polished, fantastic song out of multiple different briefs is pretty astonishing. I have no idea how you do it tbh, but you’ve absolutely demolished this again in my opinion. Following up Sweet Release with a sequel was definitely a bold and risky choice since the original is your highest scoring songs (and one of the highest scoring songs in Golden Hit, period), but you absolutely aced it; The Calling perfectly follows up on that narrative by offering this additional perspective and feels just as touching as the original did. Secondly, incorporating the demonic compendium through the inspiration of Thanatos is just wild… like, it fits SO PERFECTLY it is honestly just genius, it fits the story of Sweet Release so well and as a response to that character adds so much further depth and poignancy. And lastly, the incorporation of the poptimism challenge is done so well too. The chorus sections here are great and I absolutely love that you put a slightly different spin on each one lyrically, it definitely kept the intrigue and momentum of the song up and was also incredibly catchy. I know I gave you some constructive criticism in regards to choruses in my last review, and I can see that you have taken that and applied it here because these sections are really well elevated here. Overall, just such a stellar job. This simply comes together perfectly and effortlessly, in an almost fateful way. 

Will be posting round 6 - the final round - tomorrow!

Thank you to everybody who continues to submit :heart: looking forward to seeing how you each choose to end the season with your final songs :jonnycat:

wg17edI.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16QQHAXmy-VUtrD4LxJlTERsbJT0o4BfeL7-dD8pcByw/edit?usp=sharing

God I really don't feel like pinging y'all today and there's only like 7 of y'all so I'm sure the real ones left care to check the thread anyway. Here's my reviews luvlies. Thanks for the great submissions especially the ones who did mine

Ribbon-Reviews-S3-Aurora.png

Hey, Hitmakers! Obviously this challenge was a big one, and perhaps didn't work as well with the smaller contestant pool.

Being a co-founder of Golden Hit, it's extremely beneficial to see what works and what doesn't, and we'll keep this in mind.

Although only seven submissions made the cut, this round still had some really high highs, and fared decently on average.

As always, if there is anything in your review you do not wish to be public, just let me know and I will remove it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tyMtx2L4yyL2t6mgZiFmdeictlKoRSuAXiS-BIeRKRQ/edit?usp=sharing

@Julia Fox@Legend E@Euterpe@JoeAg@Invisibility@Prisoner@TruGemini

Omg not the quick critiques

Thank you to the panel, and I'm glad I picked a character you loved @Hug, the payola is working :fan:

I almost gave up on the concept but after failing with a Poptimist concept I went back to Feasting and suddenly the inspiration to write in different voices came, so it's a relief to read that that angle paid off

For our serene seven, the results for Round 5 will begin at 5PM EST, that’s about three hours from this post for anybody wondering. 

It’ll probably be a pretty quick one given the lower amount of entries this round, but I’ll also be posting the final round once results are done so there is that to look forward to also!

The final round will have an extended submission period so you all have ample time to prepare and work on your final songs for this season. As ever thank you for your continued involvement! It is always a pleasure. 
:heart2:

Good luck!

@Julia Fox @Legend E @Euterpe @JoeAg @Invisibility @Prisoner @TruGemini

:bird:

Did somebody say results? :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.