Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

2 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

From what I'm seeing Pitchfork and The Arts Desk (idk if they count for MC) seem to be the harshest critics.

You can check each publication here:

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/publication/name

1 minute ago, Witchpop said:

Each song flows to the next with no silence? I thought I heard it was in this thread but maybe I misread

Oh, okay. I haven't explicitly paid attention to that, but this sounds about right based on my experience. There aren't really any long periods of silence in the intros and outros as far as I recall.

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

5 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

You can check each publication here:

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/publication/name

Oh, okay. I haven't explicitly paid attention to that, but this sounds about right based on my experience. There aren't really any long periods of silence in the intros and outros as far as I recall.

The album sounds like it’s a slower than in the past. Does the album feel like it drags at all or?

Just now, Better Mistakes said:

The album sounds like it’s a slower than in the past. Does the album feel like it drags at all or?

Not at all. The slowness of some songs is compensated by the shorter length overall, interludes and quick transitions between songs.

• Like 1

By the way, this snippet is from Peace & Quiet.

Edited by TomTom2288
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

AHHHHH Yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

I just know i'm gonna love it:jonny5:

• Like 1

I've been listening to this album multiple times now and I have to say it's way more accessible than one would assume based on the general description of this album so far.

It is experimental, it is post-pop, but I wouldn't say it's a niche record for non-mainstream fans.

• Like 3

Decided to give ETA a try and I was surprised at how much I liked it given how much I thought her last 2 albums were kinda mid. Excited for the album

• Like 1

I‘m so sorry that the quality of this album is so good that @Alfred has no choice but to downvote all of my posts.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TomTom2288 said:

I‘m so sorry that the quality of this album is so good that @Alfred has no choice but to downvote all of my posts.

I just got a notification for my “Yessss” post and started laughing out loud. Alone “song of the summer” tanking must have done a number on him. Sad! :ahh:

• Like 4

I'm excited cause I don't know what to expect from this new album :flame:

• ATRL Moderator

AH! I'm just getting so hyped reading through those early reviews and all these comments :wanda:

• Like 1

OH MY-

Edited by TomTom2288
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So excited! Definitely gonna be one of her best albums 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

OH MY-

I love cattysha :jonny:

• Like 2

I’ve been expecting an album of Fine Lines but it’s starting to become clear it will be NOT THAT! :jonny6:

7 minutes ago, AnonnonA said:

Review from The Arts Desk - no score but it sounds quite positive? 

It says 4/5 in the middle of the review.

6 hours ago, Alaska. said:

From what I'm seeing Pitchfork and The Arts Desk (idk if they count for MC) seem to be the harshest critics.

Well  :soda:

What’s that loser saying, I have him muted 

5 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

I've been listening to this album multiple times now and I have to say it's way more accessible than one would assume based on the general description of this album so far.

It is experimental, it is post-pop, but I wouldn't say it's a niche record for non-mainstream fans.

Yeah that’s what I had been saying. It’s more accessible and digestible than what you would think just after hearing fine line and eta 

• Like 1

Only Love Can Save Us Now would be amazing if not for the verses. Either pick old Kesha or move on, this Highroad type of mashup ruins her songs when she has strong choruses.