Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

6 hours ago, Túlio said:

guys, i was wondering, since metacritic is taking a long time adding the positive reviews left, we should message them and even suggest the 100 from American Songwritter, that would help a lot

Metacritic doesn't update during the weekend, pretty sure they will be added on Monday.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

Really like the first half of the album, the songs just blend so nicely together. I'm not a big fan of the second half but not because the songs are bad, just to me it is unnecessary for each song to have a little intro that disturbs the flow. Definitely great album! 

• Like 1

This album is insanely good.... genuinely loved it so many tracks spoke so much to me, what an insane glow up from High Road!!!

Did not know anything about her recents and Only Love and Eat The Acid make sense as singles, by far the standouts for me with Peace and Quiet and Hate Me Harder

• Like 6

6 songs in it is really good so far.  Giving some FKA Twigs vibes. The production is great

• Like 6

Happy as single when?

• Like 4

I am absolutely flabbergasted.. this is AMAZING

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

4/5 from The Times and included in their "best albums of 2023 so far" list, doesn't count for MC.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/best-new-albums-of-2023-so-far-6rrrvdnfk

I feel that Gag Order will be on more year-end lists than Rainbow. When it's time for critics to give the album another listen, the reviews will be even more favorable than what they are now.

And speaking of the streaming numbers from the other thread, as long as she keeps putting out quality, the numbers will only go up on her future releases. I wonder if the album could have some kind of streaming boost if Fantano praises it.

• Like 5

• ATRL Moderator

I’ve been a bit MIA from this thread, still relishing the album in all its disturbing and vulnerable beauty. I plan on posting some in depth thoughts later, but I’ve been truly moved by this album with every listen. Top to bottom it’s nothing short of an artistic triumph and painful reminder of the unarguable injustice she continues to face. 

• Like 7

Still holding out for signed vinyls - but if she doesn’t announce any by end of next week I’ll probably just go ahead with the normal vinyl

have I achieved enough

have I achieved enough

have I achieved enough

HAVE I ACHIEVED ENOUGH :jonny5:

• Like 5

On 5/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, thatsmydemi said:

I need a Kesha and Demi collab so bad now. They would kill it with a angry rock song. 

:smitten:

Edited by TomTom2288
  • Like 1

I listened to this about three times, and each time, Gag Order gets better with each listen. 

I think it's crazy how people prefer Animal/Cannibal/Warrior Ke$ha to Rainbow/High Road/Gag Order Kesha. Her new music is way more interesting. It's tough to say, but this album might be my favorite Kesha album with Rainbow being 2nd. 

• Like 2

"Happy" almost made me cry :cries: i honestly didn't expect much from this album, but the production and lyrics are great. 

finally listening to this and Something to Believe In ripped the ground from beneath my feet. the outro into Eat the Acid gave me chills...

After listening to this a few times it really feels like a flawless piece of work. It’s not exactly something I think I’ll have on repeat, but I think that’s more due to it being a raw and heavy topic. Still, given her past trauma and legal situation it feels appropriate she makes an album to address all this and be able to move on to something else

• Like 2

Too Far Gone / Peace & Quiet double slay omfg

10 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Too Far Gone / Peace & Quiet double slay omfg

Right :jonny:

The amount of my times I've listened to this album on my 6 hour to & from road trip to Virginia is unreal. It's SO GOOD!

Eat The Acid, The Drama, Peace & Quiet and Fine Line are career highlights. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, collin said:

Fine Line her best song ever yup

• Like 2

4 hours ago, collin said:

This and i'm digging Happy too the album is growing a lot on me:jamming:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

have I achieved enough

have I achieved enough

have I achieved enough

HAVE I ACHIEVED ENOUGH :jonny5:

such a cool interlude. i wish it was tacked onto the end of Drama for more of an impact