Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

3 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

Don't sweat it if you don't like this album immediately. You expressed that this album is not your cup of tea in the most respectful way, and that's completely okay.

It has to grow on you naturally. If the album hits you late, you'll know cause you find yourself coming right back to. So yeah, don't force it, you're not obligated to like everything Kesha. 

Thank you for that! And that’s the point cause I don’t see myself revisiting this album, but I’ll try to give another listen. High Road is much more listenable for me than this. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

Any upbeat dance bops worth checking out on this album?

Just now, Mke1979 said:

Any upbeat dance bops worth checking out on this album?

OLCSUN + Peace & Quiet.

Fantano aka theneedledrop reacted to OLCSUN and Hate Me Harder on his Twitch last night and liked them both, said they're very strong tracks and that he's excited to review Gag Order (he also included ETA in his best new tracks section when it came out) :clap3: he gave both Rainbow and HR a 7 so I'm expecting an 8 :duca:

Rainbow, High Road and Gag Order unintentionally create a trilogy.

After exposing herself more than ever on Rainbow, she tried to party her troubles away on High Road, but eventually the troubles came back, maybe even worse than before. It makes the transition between these albums very interesting and High Road her way to connect to her past self, but failing to do so because she can't be that person anymore, at least not the exact same.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

After exposing herself more than ever on Rainbow, she tried to party her troubles away on High Road, but eventually the troubles came back, maybe even worse than before. It makes the transition between these albums very interesting and High Road her way to connect to her past self, but failing to do so because she can't be that person anymore, at least not the exact same.

:clap3:

I listened to the album yesterday smoking with my bf and wtf, this is SUCH a masterpiece, a real trip and also so intense. I'm gonna listen again while being sober, but gosh do I love this!

Well done, Kesha!

• Like 1

I think Peace & Quiet is my fave. I wish I could live inside that melody

6 hours ago, cam9814 said:

genuinely having a hard time seeing what's appealing about this album. i'm really not enjoying most of what i'm hearing on this thing

There is much to enjoy about it. She took a lot of creative risks, there are a lot of new adventures she embarks on here with her vocal and lyrical styling, etc. There are even some pretty good upbeat tracks which is what everyone is always being annoying about when it comes to her music. For me, a good pop record constitutes paid-off risk taking, interesting production, telling a story… she did those things. What more could you want? If you don’t want midtempos, honesty, baring of the soul… then Kylie Minogue just released a generic electropop club song that is great for summer parties so go listen to that!

• Like 4

Y’all are sleeping on Happy. It’s really that song I can see it playing on the radio . Gosh it’s grown so much on me. 

• Like 1

:rip:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keshasbxtch said:

Y’all are sleeping on Happy. It’s really that song I can see it playing on the radio . Gosh it’s grown so much on me. 

Happy verses almost make you cry :weeps:.

57 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Rainbow is so interesting to me because in hindsight it's full of toxic positivity. She was trying to "move on" and "let go" and look on the bright side before she had fully processed her trauma.

High Road was her trying to drown out her emotions through partying.

Gag Order is her finally allowing herself to sit in her darker emotions and process her trauma. It's really beautiful in that way.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Happy verses almost make you cry :weeps:.

It’s sung so beautifully how can you not :clap3:

Okay yesterday I said I wish she released actual plastic bags as merch but forgot she literally had this on her official shop:

GsBRWHK.png

Maybe I'll snag next pay day. Kinda wishing they were still plastic bags instead tho :jonny:

8 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

Rainbow is so interesting to me because in hindsight it's full of toxic positivity. She was trying to "move on" and "let go" and look on the bright side before she had fully processed her trauma.

I don't necessarily think it was forced optimism. The lawsuit was still in its earliest stages when she wrote/recorded most of Rainbow, so it's not far-fetched to believe she was genuinely optimistic and didn't expect things would unfold the way they did and didn't anticipate things would only get worse instead of better. 

I'm pretty sure the 2023 she imagined in her head in 2016 looked very different from the status quo (ironically, this most likely applies to Luke as well).

• Like 3

This picture :jonny5:

Edited by TomTom2288
  • Like 1

peace & quiet, the drama, happy, all i need is you are my favorites <3

her magnum opus indeed!!! so proud of her and grateful to finally have this album in my life:jonny5:

• Like 1

I noticed only just now that the album title is explained in the iTunes review which is really helpful for the GP :clap3:

SBrjnhL.png

Im on track 5. Bad songs so far except for Eat The Acid which I liked when the single was released.

• Thumbs Down 3

Something to Believe In

Fine Line

Only Love

Happy

career highlights

• Like 1

it seems to be a hit among music geeks (currently holds a score of 3.59 on RYM). :clap3:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jqnetto said:

it seems to be a hit among music geeks (currently holds a score of 3.59 on RYM). :clap3:

And a 77 user score on aoty with very positive and well written reviews of people surprised about the album quality :clap3:

Fantano better give it a good review to increase the number of ratings