Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

2 minutes ago, BornUnbroken said:

It's evident kemosabe/RCA aren't giving this album a push

RCA had a lot of their execs and teams working on this project. I think they just prioritised delivering the best album and that’s where all the effort went. They’re doing their best with streaming but they can’t do miracles when she has very bad streaming numbers in general. 

They can’t do much promo wise since all the late night shows are on a forced break due to the writer’s strike. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

14 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

High Road did 10 million it’s entire first week, so 4M first day is probably not too bad for her standards?

It's less than 2 million I reckon, that's the overall streams for the singles. Ending up doing a bit less than HR makes sense cause of there being no promo, no radio single, no playlist support or even a music video

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BornUnbroken said:

It's evident kemosabe/RCA aren't giving this album a push, not even the minimum. Most artists, under a major or indie label, now have their lead singles released on 7" vinyls and they couldn't even do that for her. No distribution for big retailers like Target in the US. No talk show interviews or performances besides the Vevo one. Even Tinashe's team got her a spot on the Kelly Clarkson show recently. Hopefully we get confirmation soon from her directly about this being her last album under them.

I really don’t think that’s a fair assessment. She never had vinyls coming out as early as these ones, CDs not being available in stores seems to be the norm for most new releases if you check the Target website and there is a writer‘s strike.

Rick Rubin producing the whole album must have cost a fortune already.

3 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

It's less than 2 million I reckon, that's the overall streams for the singles. Ending up doing a bit less than HR makes sense cause of there being no promo, no radio single, no playlist support or even a music video

I agree, it’s also what I expected.

think that I killed the part of me that I like:sosad:

also after High Road I remember people saying she was releasing a folk album. Anyone know what happened to that?

Edited by Pink Whitney

6 hours ago, Junlin said:

My current ranking

1. Living in My Head

2. Hate Me Harder

3. Fine Line

4. All I Need Is You

5. Something to Believe In

6. Only Love Can Save Us Now

7. Happy
8. Eat The Acid

9. Too Far Gone

10. Peace & Quiet

How is Peace & Quiet and Eat The Acid towards the bottom? Sorry but worst ranking ever

On 5/20/2023 at 4:08 PM, keshasfillers said:

This will be her first album to miss top 10

Cannibal (EP) was top 15 so no. 

Edited by Mattyboy

1 minute ago, Mattyboy said:

EP (Cannibal) was top 15 so no. 

That’s an EP indeed.

OT: This album is truly her magnum opus :clap3: 

15 minutes ago, bearman said:

RCA had a lot of their execs and teams working on this project. I think they just prioritised delivering the best album and that’s where all the effort went. They’re doing their best with streaming but they can’t do miracles when she has very bad streaming numbers in general. 

They can’t do much promo wise since all the late night shows are on a forced break due to the writer’s strike. 

8 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

I really don’t think that’s a fair assessment. She never had vinyls coming out as early as these ones, CDs not being available in stores seems to be the norm for most new releases if you check the Target website and there is a writer‘s strike.

Rick Rubin producing the whole album must have cost a fortune already.

These slots are usually booked weeks or months in advance and the audience tickets are typically available weeks before with the performers listed on the dates. Kesha wasn't booked for anything on release week for the double singles. A performance for ETA or FL would have been the bare minimum on any program on release week. 

They did things right by having the vinyl preorder this early, unlike HR's disastrous vinyl release. But she's still a mainstream pop act on a major record label and things like a limited double lead single on vinyl is a no brainer. I've seen more indie artists get promo in LA from billboards and posters on walls than Kesha has had this era.

For comparison, Meghan Trainor's last album did worse than HR and her CDs were stocked to the brim at target even before "Made You Look" went viral. Getting a high profile producer on your album on a major record label is the bare minimum, especially when course correcting from your last album.

51 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

The BB200 debut is gonna be disastrous but whatever! She delivered AOTY

Ugh it deserves top 10 at the very least :gaycat6: I know it’s too early to say but if we had to guess, what # should we expect?

At the end of the end it’s not a commercial album at all and the only number that matters is the metacritic score :alexz2: but I’m curious nonetheless 

I’m really hoping it does well. I’m thoroughly enjoying this record. I don’t know much about number or stats but do other streams services also help with chart position? Or can we generally predict how it performs solely on how it’s doing on Spotify? 

is this real? if it is, it did very well

i was expecting like 1 million

2 minutes ago, cyberpunkgoth said:

is this real? if it is, it did very well

i was expecting like 1 million

No, it’s not. They included the full streams for OLCSUN/FL/ETA in total :rip:.

2 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

No, it’s not. They included the full streams for OLCSUN/FL/ETA in total :rip:.

:cries:

12 minutes ago, Keshasbxtch said:

I don’t know much about number or stats but do other streams services also help with chart position?

Yes.

12 minutes ago, Keshasbxtch said:

Or can we generally predict how it performs solely on how it’s doing on Spotify?

No, different streaming services can have different performances. Currently, it’s doing a lot better on Apple Music than Spotify.

I'm predicting a cute top 50 debut, which is fine for her at this stage

I wonder what comes after the contract termination. If she doesnt already own her songs would she have to buy back her masters from Kemosabe? Does she get to keep her socials.. im confused

Edited by cyclone

1 hour ago, BornUnbroken said:

It's evident kemosabe/RCA aren't giving this album a push, not even the minimum. Most artists, under a major or indie label, now have their lead singles released on 7" vinyls and they couldn't even do that for her. No distribution for big retailers like Target in the US. No talk show interviews or performances besides the Vevo one. Even Tinashe's team got her a spot on the Kelly Clarkson show recently. Hopefully we get confirmation soon from her directly about this being her last album under them.

It’s very clear Kesha just isn’t a priority for the label base off how they treated her last era & this disaster era. I have a strong feeling she’s going to go the independent route which might be better for where she is in her career. I highly doubt any label would probably sign her because of the major risk. 

I find it so strange they didn’t have vinyls & performances ready on release week. This is probably the most uneventful release week from any pop girl. It’s just strange the lack of effects RCA is giving her but not surprising with their track recorded.

It’s not even the bare minimum unless simply releasing the album is that. I highly doubt a tour is even in the worlds either which is very sad she’s great live.

12 minutes ago, cyclone said:

I'm predicting a cute top 50 debut, which is fine for her at this stage

I wonder what comes after the contract termination. If she doesnt already own her songs would she have to buy back her masters from Kemosabe? Does she get to keep her socials.. im confused

Luke won’t sell her masters

High Road only went T10 because of the tour bundles. Time to let go of her being a commercial act! If that matters to you that chapter is over, let’s move on and appreciate the artistic growth that we’re witnessing and will continue to witness :heart2: 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Power love said:

I highly doubt a tour is even in the worlds either which is very sad she’s great live.

She's already planning the tour for autumn / winter

Edited by josesuxx

13 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

She's already planning the tour for autumn / winter

:duca:

42 minutes ago, Power love said:

It’s very clear Kesha just isn’t a priority for the label base off how they treated her last era & this disaster era. I have a strong feeling she’s going to go the independent route which might be better for where she is in her career. I highly doubt any label would probably sign her because of the major risk. 

I find it so strange they didn’t have vinyls & performances ready on release week. This is probably the most uneventful release week from any pop girl. It’s just strange the lack of effects RCA is giving her but not surprising with their track recorded.

It’s not even the bare minimum unless simply releasing the album is that. I highly doubt a tour is even in the worlds either which is very sad she’s great live.

RCA is notorious for this. Even Carly Rae had more promo for her latest release under Schoolboy/Interscope and she's not Scooter's priority.

In the time between HR and Gag Order, Kesha amassed over 100 million streams each on Spotify alone for both "Backstabber" and "Cannibal", neither of which have writing or production credits by dr fluke. Any other label would've jumped on releasing that already leaked "Backstabber" video and uploaded it to her official channel. I think a major label would still be interested in her, but I do agree the independent route would fit her better. She's just not being backed up by the proper teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeAg said:

I just realized what the melody in All I Need Is You reminds me of! Arms by Christina Perri lol

both beautiful songs :clap3:

It reminds me of White Mercedes by Charli.

Love them both :clap3: