Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

Oh wow. Peace & Quiet reminding the hyperpop girlies who their mother is! Even though I love the album, I'd love a full album that's a good, experimental exploration of her earlier work. 

This is the first album I've sat down to listen all the way through in a while. Very cohesive, veered into weird territory but never went off the rails really. Lots of good lyrics, also and lot of just straightforward ones that aren't dressed up, which packed quite a punch. Love this for her :clap3: I keep seeing people saying it talked about repetitive themes, words, etc...it's literally an album with a general concept. I swear ATRL has implemented taste bud removals to register.

Edited by robattack332
  • Like 4

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

The album is a bit too experimental for me, but I enjoyed "Too far gone", "peace & quiet", "hate me harder", and "happy". I do think this will be her highest critically acclaimed album, but the songs aren't exactly "radio-friendly".

EDIT: I'm on my second listen... okay "the drama" is THAT girl... sounds like a florence song :jonny:

EDIT 2: Okay, OLCSUN is also that girl... omg. 

Edited by shinyshimmery

6 minutes ago, bearman said:

"I've never seen Harry Potter".

I-

@Vixen Eyes they've added the Dolby Atmos version on Apple Music, but you have to delete the pre-order album and re-add it from her page. 

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

At this stage, I'm convinced posts like this are troll posts 'cause :bibliahh:

They are trolls, who the **** complains about “pop bangers” having OLCSUN and having such a great body of work, it’s ridiculous. 

they should go listen to trash pop, I heard a certain “pop girl” is trying to release an album with a dated sound, go support her. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

"I've never seen Harry Potter".

I-

I can relate lol

___

Also after hearing this one a couple times through the day i was totally right and Peace & Quiet is my fav up there with the drama, i'm gonna wait a couple of days to rank the rest of the songs:jonny5:  can't believe how good the record is

• Like 2

This is ******* incredible.

I've been with her since the beginning, since before TikTok even became a hit. Seeing her artistic growth is so beautiful to see, I'm so proud of her.

• Like 1

The album sounds like Kesha had a baby with Banks + Caroline Polachek, and she gave birth to a masterpiece

• Like 1

OK WAIT I HATED Only Love and thought the first two singles were fine but The Drama and Peace & Quiet are INSTANT :biblionny: Hudson Mohawke on production is a match made in heaven for her

52 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

trying to decide whether I should cover Living in My Head, Only Love Can Save Us Now, or Hate Me Harder hmmmmm… for those who have heard my singing what y’all think lol 

Medley, king :jonnycat:

Hate Me Harder has me in shambles :cries:

Demi just posted her listening to Gag Order in her Instagram story :clap3::clap3::clap3:

wait it grew a lot on second listen :jonny5: Peace & Quiet is excellent and the singles sound a lot better as part of the album

#6 US iTunes

#30 US Amazon (all music items / all genres / CD & vinyl / released and pre-orders) - right behind evermore, Midnights & folklore vinyls

#37 US Apple Music - behind SZA, Taylor and Beyoncé and above Miley

Do we find out how much streams the song have through Apple Music? Or does it not work like Spotify? 

3 minutes ago, Keshasbxtch said:

Do we find out how much streams the song have through Apple Music? Or does it not work like Spotify? 

AM doesn't make the streaming numbers public

48 minutes ago, fountain said:

Medley, king :jonnycat:

WAIT that’s a great idea legend :wanda:

• Like 1

listened to this once and never will again. I'm glad i didn't order the vinyl

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

Listened to this once and couldn't help keep it on repeat. I'm glad I ordered two CDs and a vinyl 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, HRHCOLLECTION said:

listened to this once and never will again. I'm glad i didn't order the vinyl

yeah, it's lifeless 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

My mom loves the album :jonny3:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fountain said: